test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Story and Character

rickclopsrickclops Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
Are there any memorable characters in this game?

I don't know why the main lich lady is attacking, and when I run into her, she'll kill people around me, then just let me go every time, she isn't really a threat at all. Also, she has no motivation, maybe she gave up attacking this town.

The lich gets some movies so I remember her and I remember Knox because he gives quests more than anyone else, I don't know what he did to deserve his rank, he doesn't really lead anyone anywhere. He stands around in the save part of town giving noobs quests.

I don't even remember any other characters. Compared to some other modern MMOs, this game doesn't have a noticable plot, story, or main characters. As an RPG it should have all 3, and to be an rpg that story lovers care about all 3 should be convincing and memorable. Or do people here just care about stats? :/
Post edited by rickclops on

Comments

• sharrahlsharrahl Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The game is based on Forgotten Realms 4th edition D&D. For the most part it seems like the game expects players to be at least passinly familure with the Forgottem Realms lore if they are interested in storyline. There are the lore scrolls that you can collect to learn small bits history about the realms related to the area your are adventuring in. That said I have to agree that the main story line does not explain itself vary well or give any impression of the grand war that is suppose to be taking place. Even if the player takes the time to read all the lore scrolls, lissen to all the NPCs and is familure with the 4th edition lore, the story seems absent. The zones are not well tied together. And it is easy to forget the whole war that is suppose to be going on. The normal towns foke dont even seem that worried that they are under seige.

So far, the founderies seems the best place to go for story. Most the founderies that I have played seem to dip heavily into lore. The foundery developer spent alot of time doing thier research so that they could bring some part of Forgotten Realm lore for you to experience and be a part of. If you want to feel intergrated into the realms, play founderies.

If you want a summary of the story check this:
    http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/New_Neverwinter
    Its not linked to this game specficly, but is a wiki deticated to Forgottenrealms generaly. The specific article for "New Neverwinter" correlates to the time and place for this MMO.