Timeless Hero or Stalwart Bulwark?

toughguyloltoughguylol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Militia Barracks
DPS Guardian fighter, which is better?
Post edited by toughguylol on

Comments

• xthanhz251xthanhz251 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Single target wise Timeless, but overall pve dungeon wise stalwart. Pvp go for timeless
  • fimcontefimconte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Party DPS: Valiant Warrior
    Solo DPS: Stalwart Bulwark
    PvP: Timeless/Stalwart.

+10% to entire party vs +~25% to only yourself via Stalwart.
    Fans Glory to the Gladiators,
    Gods Glory to the Heroes.

TR:Anirul Corrino@Fimconte
    GF:Irulan Corrino@Fimconte
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    fimconte wrote: »
    Party DPS: Valiant Warrior
    Solo DPS: Stalwart Bulwark
    PvP: Timeless/Stalwart.

+10% to entire party vs +~25% to only yourself via Stalwart.

The 25% chance of party power buff of 60% from the Knight Captain set not worth it?
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • maxillion2maxillion2 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    how do you get more dps with timeless then stalwarts
  • fimcontefimconte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    The 25% chance of party power buff of 60% from the Knight Captain set not worth it?

Problem with that is it doesn't buff you at all.

Assuming 5k Power on the other 3 DPS, that's ~120dmg for each of them.
    Depending on the classes that can be ~10% buff as well.

However not everyone has 5k power. And you don't get the buff.

Then again on some fights you're not on the same target as other DPS.
    So for those fights Knight Captain might be better.

I think Stalwart is still great and it's a good set if you need to carry pugs or for pvp.

• corgiatcorgiat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The Valiant Warrior set description is -450 defense on target, is that where you get the +10% damage from? Wouldn't this be affected by how much ArPen you have?
    edited July 2013
    corgiat wrote: »
    The Valiant Warrior set description is -450 defense on target, is that where you get the +10% damage from? Wouldn't this be affected by how much ArPen you have?

I get the +10% from testing it on Dummies.

See:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?230252-Metzli-s-Dungeon-DPS-Guide&p=4515691&viewfull=1#post4515691

• mhblis1mhblis1 Member Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Dummies have no DEF so they are not great for testing stuff like this on.

Also KC isn't just a DPS buff it is also a DEF buff which is why I would rate it best as a party buff.
    edited July 2013
    mhblis1 wrote: »
    Dummies have no DEF so they are not great for testing stuff like this on.

Also KC isn't just a DPS buff it is also a DEF buff which is why I would rate it best as a party buff.

Same results were observed on Blademasters who do have defence.

But yes, I agree KC is the "better" party set.

Valiant imho is a decent alternative to 2pc/2pc KC/HG for PVP, but it really depends on what stats one is going for.

• abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Neither. I think both are over rated for PvP and PvE. High generals is more overall stats, def and regen. Not only that its a party 10% crit severity buff. High generals all the way. Also helps you get to the Arm pen cap
  • druid5000druid5000 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Neither. I think both are over rated for PvP and PvE. High generals is more overall stats, def and regen. Not only that its a party 10% crit severity buff. High generals all the way. Also helps you get to the Arm pen cap

30k hp turns Stalwart Bulwark into 7500 Power that is up nearly 100% of the time. If that's overrated then wow you have some high standards. And no way does High Generals beat that. If you believe it does show me the math please. Power doesn't have diminishing returns by the way. And even with T1 gear I'm already well into diminishing returns with defense. Regeneration, since it's based on missing hp is completely lack luster. No way I would trade all that power for a little crit severity and stats I already have too much of. If you have math or proof that High Generals out performs Stalwart Bulwark please post them. Another related note: You do help a group out by using "selfish" set bonuses. More damage = more threat and faster clear times. That means safer and happier dungeon runs for all.
    10.jpg
  • vetcorevetcore Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    High generals is the most balanced t2 set and the best dps buffer , its like giving your group a lesser vorpal every time u crit.As for tanking its almost good as grand regent bit lower though but with more agro potential and decent dmg on pvp.
    edited July 2013
    druid5000 wrote: »
    30k hp turns Stalwart Bulwark into 7500 Power that is up nearly 100% of the time. If that's overrated then wow you have some high standards. And no way does High Generals beat that. If you believe it does show me the math please. Power doesn't have diminishing returns by the way. And even with T1 gear I'm already well into diminishing returns with defense. Regeneration, since it's based on missing hp is completely lack luster. No way I would trade all that power for a little crit severity and stats I already have too much of. If you have math or proof that High Generals out performs Stalwart Bulwark please post them. Another related note: You do help a group out by using "selfish" set bonuses. More damage = more threat and faster clear times. That means safer and happier dungeon runs for all.

KC > Stalwart though.
    +9k Power to Party (not counting +3k to healer), ~+1k power to self from power on items.

HG isn't even a contender, except for 2pc/2pc PvP.
    vetcore wrote: »
    High generals is the most balanced t2 set and the best dps buffer , its like giving your group a lesser vorpal every time u crit.As for tanking its almost good as grand regent bit lower though but with more agro potential and decent dmg on pvp.
    +10% crit severity (+5% dmg best case scenario, unl) doesn't compare to +60% (+3k Power per player = ~10-15% dmg depending on class) power offensive wise.

• druid5000druid5000 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    fimconte wrote: »
    KC > Stalwart though.
    +9k Power to Party (not counting +3k to healer), ~+1k power to self from power on items.

HG isn't even a contender, except for 2pc/2pc PvP.

If I have a good group with decent gear absolutely agree. :D

For pugging or helping out lowbie/newly leveled friends Stalwart Bulwark would be better though.
    10.jpg
  • derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Stalwart is BiS for pvp , end of discussion .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed