test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best class for pve and/or pvp?

thelordofthetimethelordofthetime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
edited November 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hi everyone, I've just started playing and I'm really loving the game so far, I was wondering though which was the best class for pve and which was for pvp. Of course there isn't a best class because it all depends on how you play it but well... since I'm still new I'd love some insights into which is better. Thanks a lot in advance
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nyxandrianyxandria Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    Control Wizard is great for PvP.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    TR and CW are always good choices for PvE and PvP. A good GWF is really pretty **** near unbeatable in end-game PvP though, might not be so easy to find groups for PvE.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    In terms of being best, as you point out that is partially how you play it and a lot of what you enjoy. That being said, CW and TR are very solid classes that can solo in PvE and contribute a great deal on PvP on a consistent basis. DC's will always be in high demand, particularly if you play it well, but they do less well in PvP these days. High level GF's and GWF's can be absolute monsters in PvP and do well in PvE, if a tad but more slowly than a TR or CW.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• thelordofthetimethelordofthetime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Thanks a lot for replies but uhm... is there any particular class that gets hit less? I've been using CW and I get hit quite a lot maybe also because I don't have aoes for now and all mobs are in group or maybe I just don't know how to play it, or maybe because it's how it is with CW^^ that's why I'm asking if there's any particular class that gets hit less than others^^ Thanks a lot once again
  • dravkwndravkwn Member Posts: 88
    edited July 2013
    Great Weapon Fighter or Guardian Fighter, they get hit plenty but they can take the hits unlike others that may have more damage or control have far less survivability.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    All classes will get hit, but a well-played TR has the least likelihood to be targeted due to single target damage and good ways to deal with it.

If you want a class that is good in PvE and PvP, TR or CW are overall the best choices. TR is currently better in PvP (Perma-stealth is a joke really), while CW are in more demand for endgame PvE.
  • dravkwndravkwn Member Posts: 88
    edited July 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    All classes will get hit, but a well-played TR has the least likelihood to be targeted due to single target damage and good ways to deal with it.

If you want a class that is good in PvE and PvP, TR or CW are overall the best choices. TR is currently better in PvP (Perma-stealth is a joke really), while CW are in more demand for endgame PvE.
    I probably have to agree with this, as long as you can pony up the skills required.
  • myzharimyzhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    CW is the answer for best all around. People always want good CWs, often 2, for pve content. And despite how amazing they are, there are three times as many TR.

TR on the other hand, are only good pve for single target dps. Where they may be good at it, all other classes can dps well and bring additional utility. (CW add control and add dps, GWF and GF great survivability and tanking or off tanking add control. DC not so great dps but extra healing makes hard dungeons easy). TR will 'fight' for that last group slot where a second of any other class would do. And with so many TRs looking for groups, it'll be hard to stand out.

PVP wise, a good CW will kill most classes before they ever get close enough to deal damage. With a ton of CC and a few high damage spells, you really do have the ability to "control" the outcome of the fight. Even against a TR, if you can spot them before they get close even permastealth won't save them.

However, play what you find most fun. I still play my TR even though I have to do everything in pugs after long wait times.
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »

pve spec and pvp spec are totally different things, although you can make decent combinations. I'd say the easiest leveling I have is with a DC, the hardest with a GF. There are some area's, starting with Icepire peak, that I had some real trouble with my CW, as the biggest mobs just rushed straight into me. GWF was horrendous to level at first, but really picked up after 35. TR, at least imo, is the in-betweener.
  • xdonmegaxdonmega Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Play a tank.
  • ambrosia10ambrosia10 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, here are my opinions

CW: OMG, I fight them so often and they almost always win! They rule the PVP battleground
    TR: Can't see them coming, and their dazing strike is superb. I like TR the best, because they usually control the entire battlefield
    DC: Hmm... they help you heal and stuff, but they're not the fighting type. I would't choose them.
    GF: Talk about epic! If you want to destroy practically everyone in PVP, then choose them.
    GWF: Well, in my opinion, they're easy to beat:)
    Iwould choose GF or TR.
  • kronikerkroniker Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Lol CW rule the PvP BG yeah right.
  • immortelleimmortelle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Play the game. It's better then bickering on forums.

19.jpg
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    cw must in pve teams and not to bad in pvp
  • dgfdsdgsgh3dgfdsdgsgh3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    warpet wrote: »
    cw must in pve teams and not to bad in pvp

CWs are cannonfodder for melee in high GS PvP though... if you want to PvP and have fun at it go melee.
  • lucidproph3cylucidproph3cy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I would have to agree with overall choice of cw and tr for best all around. Cw little more pve and tr little more pvp and both classes can be geared towards both. I will say I eat cw's on my tr I have only met one I had trouble with perfect bark shield is tough plus the player new how to chain cc like crazy. But it all depends on skill level there are some crazy good cw's but aren't many compared to the amount that play it. A dc is fun to play in pve and can be almost unkillable in pvp when spec right they just won't usually have the highlight kills.
    Just play the class you like best and know it inside out and you will be really good at pvp. Also learn the other classes how to deal with it.. But for pve you can't say the same nothing really replaces a good cw or dc.
  • bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I would recommend sticking with your CW, it's a lot of fun. If you're skilled enough you'll have no problem finding teams for epic dungeons, since most dungeons are ran with 2 CWs, and you'll also be fairly good in PvP, esp in 20vs20, if you know how to make an effective hybrid. 5vs5 may be a bit hard or frustrating sometimes, since it's easier to spot the CW than in 20vs20, and you're the primary target, but you can also stun lock others and kill them w/o them ever touching you.
  • facexcontrolfacexcontrol Member Posts: 281
    edited November 2013
    CW is the worst class for PvP lol
    They are only 4-5 good CW's that do what they should ...rest is garbage
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    CWs are only performing OK in a good team. Put them in a bad team and they won't be able to carry it to victory such as a GWF or TR can do for example. I've met some of the best CWs in the game when they were in bad pugs and most left the games in frustration or remained at camp to chat, and I can completely relate...

If we are to properly compete in PvP we need dual spec and spells for escaping and resetting encounters, such as Mirror Images and Invisibility.
  • godlysoul1godlysoul1 Member Posts: 293 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    If the hits from CW are bothering you I'd definitely go GWF or GF. You could go DC, but you will be very team dependent in pve and pvp. GWF and GF are better options if you want more control yourself. GWF will have more pvp potential that GF in the next update, but GF will have more pve potential than GWF. It isn't easy to build for both pve and pvp. It really is much better to chose 1 to specialize. I know most people that are serious about the game have entirely separate characters for pve and pvp.
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Any of you notice this topic is from 4 months ago?
  • vexus99vexus99 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    In PvP things are very different than PvE. So, here are my PvP rankings:

Gets hit the most:
    1. DC (everyone focuses the cleric)
    2. GF (all the CW's fear him and control him and all the DC's tell their team to keep him off the DC. Once he takes damage he is a great target for TR's, and he gets consistently beaten by decent GWF's, so the GF is easily the 2nd most attacked class at n PvP)
    3. CW (rogues and GF's love to kill them and TR's stealth means they can always reach them If they want)
    4. TR (extremely hard to finish off because they have have impossible to catch, dodges and stealth. This plus their high burst damage makes them the usual top kill and topnscoresnin PvP)
    5. GWF (hardest player to kill means they are also the least attacked. Usually they get their foes down on health and a TR steals their kill, but make no mistake, the GWF is the king of PvP)

Overall, the lack of group interest for dungeons means the GWF has a hard time finding a team for PvE, but in PvP they are awesome.

The TR is effective and useful in dungeons and awesome and fun in PvP, but there are sooooo many of them that it can be hard to find a group for dungeons.

My recommendation for PvP would be GWF or TR. They have the most survivability and are fun to play as well as verybstrong in PvP.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Any of you notice this topic is from 4 months ago?
    Logic!!!??? You DARE bring such intelligence to this thread neco!?

mind-blown-o.gif
    va8Ru.gif
  • riotwarriorriotwarrior Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    IMO there is no best class for pvp. Every class has the tools to kill others if used properly. But I think most interesting to use in pvp would be CW. I think its the class that not only requires good micro skills but also a good ping to play properly.