test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Alchemy bugged in Browser?

tautaudetautaude Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I'm currently lvl 2 in alchemy, and I made around 30 "experimentations", all with the browser interface, and not a single knowlege scroll dropped yet. Is the droprate really that bad, or is it bugged somehow via browser?
Post edited by tautaude on

Comments

• bekey2ndbekey2nd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    -sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip-
  • graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited July 2013
    Are you certain you do not have the Basic Alchemical Knowledge scrolls and it is not lack of Brimstone that is stopping the Research task from appearing? I have heard reports that the reward window is not displaying the correct rewards in Gateway, actually granting the Knowledge scrolls but them not appearing in the reward window.
  • solsticechildesolsticechilde Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    graalx3 wrote: »
    Are you certain you do not have the Basic Alchemical Knowledge scrolls and it is not lack of Brimstone that is stopping the Research task from appearing? I have heard reports that the reward window is not displaying the correct rewards in Gateway, actually granting the Knowledge scrolls but them not appearing in the reward window.

I find this response rather disheartening. There are at least 2 other threads about this issue, with literally thousands of views and many, many people similarly stuck... We have been assured that:
    We're investigating the issue. Thanks for all the reports, everyone!

I am disheartened that after days upon days of being bugged, the "investigation" has yet to progress past the "Are you SURE you're bugged?" phase yet... That does not bode well for a speedy resolution... *sigh*
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited July 2013

From reading the 3 threads it appears that there are multiple bugs.

1. Getting EXP but not leveling
    2. Issues with using browser (circumstantial)
    3. Not getting any scrolls from experimentation after a certain point. I can attest to 45 attempts at level 8 without a single scroll. At least 20 of them from in-game and the rest from browser.

All I can say is that the QA process really needs to be professionally reviewed and corrected.
    edited July 2013
    ragnarz2 wrote: »

3. Not getting any scrolls from experimentation after a certain point. I can attest to 45 attempts at level 8 without a single scroll. At least 20 of them from in-game and the rest from browser.

All I can say is that the QA process really needs to be professionally reviewed and corrected.

You're right, of course. Perhaps the OP of this thread has a different issue than mine. I'm just frustrated with the lack of progress and lack of visibility to a resolution. I tend to turn into a sarcastic jerk when I am frustrated. I just wish I had an idea if these issues are going to be addressed in the near future or if I should just give up caring.
  • quijonozquijonoz Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am very disappointed in Alchemy due to the lack of progression. I'm sure the whole experimentation thing seemed like a cool mechanic, but for a player it stinks doing the same thing over and over again and not making any progress. At least with other professions you know how much progress you'll make with each task. With Alchemy, progression is a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> shoot, and so far the odds have been rather... crappy.
  • dezreth1dezreth1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ragnarz2 wrote: »

As far as I've seen in both threads, issue 1 is always associated with issue 2. Turning in the advancement quest from the gateway results in this bug every time while it never happens in-game. Anyone have different experience?

And yes, while the response from the system designer here shows at least someone reads this forum, it also shows a profound lack of progress in addressing this issue. Even the most basic of testing should reproduce this issue. And if that's not the case, reporting that would even be welcome. Very disappointing.
    edited July 2013

Graalx, if you are still following this thread, please refer to this other thread and look at this screenshot.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?365422-Gateway-Alchemy-Bug&p=4893181&viewfull=1#post4893181

This is the issue we are mostly discussing here and in other threads and it has nothing to do with the visual bug for scroll rewards in the gateway. It's also been affecting many players for about a week or more now with essentially no useful response from Cryptic.
  • whelbenwhelben Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Sorry Sir,

but IF you would have just scrolled a bit down, you might have seen, that there are quite some more threads with quite some answers all complaining about a full xperience bar and no further Progress...

Bug reports inGame would have statet the same issue, but I assume no one read them, otherwise we would have had some reaction from Gamemasters, or even customer Support (except for the blabla Responses, sorry), that. i.e. just adjust the Level or set it back to one Level down, or even would have just talked to _one_ paying Customer (yes, paying, because most of us have already bought at least _some_ zen).

I am really disappointed about this posting....

Best Regards

\o
    edited July 2013
    If you scroll up, you will see that I was the first one to reply angrily to graalz3's response, so I'm clearly not trying to be holier-than-thou by saying this, but after my nerd-rage died down a couple of points became clear.
    First of all, there are certainly some people who simply misunderstand the way this profession advances, so it is certainly possible that graalz3 was correct and the OP was just missing some required materials. That's not to say that there isn't a legitimate problem: THERE IS! But not everyone has is.
    The second point is that graalz3 was just trying to help. Which needs to be encouraged, because even if we aren't happy with the response, he is one of the few who even have TRIED to help. I apologize for my earlier angry comment, at least, because I don't want to scare off the little response that this issue HAS received.
    I hope that graalz3 is still following this thread, and I hope he understands our frustration, and for the love of %$^# I hope he is either trying to fix this or is talking to the people who are...

I know that I'm just as guilty as anyone here but I'm going to say it anyway:
    Just like a crappy Customer Service response turns the Community off from playing the game, a crappy Community response doesn't provide a lot of incentive for the Customer Service to want to help.
  • whelbenwhelben Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    And still no solution for it....

and still no comment on that....
  • fabaelfabael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited July 2013

Yes we are sure it is not a lack of brimstone, Having run 50 or so experiments and not receiving a single scroll, if you run it within the game it highlights missing ingredients so yeah not brimstone.

Seriously it is a pretty simple bug for whatever reason something in the code is not rolling us over to the next level when we collect via gateway although everything else (pre-reqs) must have rolled over hence we can't get any more scrolls. So we are stuck with 300/300xp or whatever level you are stuck on with no way of levelling.
  • ooormooorm Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This happened to me tonight.

I had two characters, both working on level 2 Alchemy together.

Character 1:
    Using Gateway web app.
    Did several "Rank 2 Experimentation" tasks to get 3 "Basic Alchemical Knowledge".
    Logged in to get Brimstone.
    Started "Alchemical Research", logged out.
    When done, went up to 300 xp and got promoted to Rank 3 in Gateway.

Character 2:
    Using Gateway web app.
    Did several "Rank 2 Experimentation" tasks to get 2 "Basic Alchemical Knowledge".
    Logged in to get Brimstone, before getting 3rd "Basic Alchemical Knowledge".
    Logged out, got 3rd "Basic Alchemical Knowledge" in Gateway.
    Started "Alchemical Research", from Gateway.
    When done, went up to 300 xp and but did NOT get pomoted to Rank 3.
    Seems stuck now...

Seems like the major two differences were:
    1) One character had three Knowledge, logged in, started Research ingame = success.
    2) Other character started Research from Gateway = perma-bugged (stuck at Rank 2, with 300xp).
  • inaahinaah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Actually a valid answer to the OPs question. OP was referring to the experiments not research... If the OP had included saying something to the effect of noticing that the alchemy exp bar was full @ level 2 and wasnt getting any BOKs from experiments though then we have every right to be sarcastic and go off on ^^ that guy =p..... But if you read the other peoples posts who are stuck in various professions its the same story...

make so many of X but still nothing to show for it be it BOKs for alchemy or just the advancement in level for any other profession.

Ive only been stuck for about a week now, gave up submitting tickets and bug reports. I dont see a point in it. There was some guy who said he was stuck then just became unstuck... so thats where my hope lies. Feel for any of of you who have been stuck since day 1.

Could we get another response mr Systems Designer? atleast acknowledge the bug? From your response to the OP in this post, it makes it sound like you guys have never even heard of getting stuck and unable to level a profession.. Do you guys need more screen shots of full experience bars with us stuck?

How can WE... help YOU... help US! =p
    edited July 2013
    Bumping this.

Any dev who is reading this, please realize that many of us have been stuck for over 2 weeks now and have gotten no useful response either in-game or in-forum. This is a terribly frustrating customer experience. All we're asking for (or me at least) is a clear acknowledgment that you understand the issue (it's NOT about lack of materials) and that it either is or is not being actively looked at.

Thanks.

-Dez
  • gronknardgronknard Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dezreth1 wrote: »
    Graalx, if you are still following this thread, (snip)..

I don't think any devs are tracking this.
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bump 10char
  • gronknardgronknard Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bumpity bump