test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Add a concede vote to party in PVP

krahctkrahct Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I never thought I'd say this, ever in my life of playing MMOs, but Cryptic please add a 'concede the match' button so the losing team can vote to end the match.

Domination has become so bad that it's not even enjoyeable to play a match. It's a crapshoot if you'll get a team that even has a healer and so often in dominations I've been in alot of the player give up and stop dropping down from the fire to engage in fight.

If the other team has any combination of the following and your team does not it's a loss more times than not:

1) 2 + TRs and a DC
2) CW and DC
3) 3 + CW

Once again, I'm asking that you simply add a vote button that can be initiated once the score become so lopsided the match isn't recoverable. Most matches once they get to that point are merely just a ego fullfilling and point farming endeavor for the dominate team.

Heck add a bonus to the winning team for a match that is conceded by the other team.

Think of it like knocking your king over in chess saying, I know this is a loss, I concede the win to you.

/end
"I never make mistakes, I once thought I did but I was wrong"
Post edited by krahct on

Comments

• zxenoszxenos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The problem with this is that people will start instantly surrendering once they get behind, even in a winnable match, and ruin it for the few who want to play things out.

The nature of Domination is that if a team is winning by an overwhelming margin, the match speeds up anyway.

Not to mention that we'll get premade AFK teams slamming the surrender button at the speed of light to get their 3 Glory rewards.
  • krahctkrahct Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You could resolve the premature concedes by setting a differentiation limit in score within code.

For example in some sporting events once a game is so lopsided, and there is no way to recover games are often times called

Mathematically, you could use some sort of algorithm to determine the difference in scores between the teams, factor in the time remaining in the match and determine an impossibility to win...at that point you would enable the vote to concede
  • krahctkrahct Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Shameless Bump
  • sh4dowrunn3rsh4dowrunn3r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    krahct wrote: »
    You could resolve the premature concedes by setting a differentiation limit in score within code.

For example in some sporting events once a game is so lopsided, and there is no way to recover games are often times called

Mathematically, you could use some sort of algorithm to determine the difference in scores between the teams, factor in the time remaining in the match and determine an impossibility to win...at that point you would enable the vote to concede

I'ts never to late to win tho - one team can have 999 and the other 0 and the one with 0 can still win.

A reasonable conditions can be set:
    - match lasted for at least X minutes
    - score difference is at least X points
    Then it allows you to start a surrender vote which is voted it if 3/5 players agree to it.

Problem is rewards at end of surrendered match also - if there is none for losing team they will just leave instead of surrendering. It will also lead to arguments in pugs some people will want to surrender other will be mad etc.

Also if surrender is implemented then matches that are fought to the end and not surrendered could have end rewards boosted for losing team's persistence.
  • bolcien1bolcien1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I agree with a concede button, but no game is ever mathmaticly impossible to win, you can suddenly turn the game around and cap and keep all 3 points and win even if they have 999 points and you have 0.
    edited July 2013
    bolcien1 wrote: »
    I agree with a concede button, but no game is ever mathmaticly impossible to win, you can suddenly turn the game around and cap and keep all 3 points and win even if they have 999 points and you have 0.

That is not the case in this game, there is a point where the team has amassed such a point difference you could not catch up unless the team leading suddenly all disconnected, even then you'd have to cap all the nodes to pull out the win.

EDIT:

I reread your post, I see the point your making. I still feel that a concede at a certain point differential would make sense, let the players that are losing make the call that this is hopeless, we can't recover it's a concede, they are already doing it by not engaging or participating, they've assumed the loss and AFKing at the fire cause they're tired of loss.
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Team composition matters a lot less than average intelligence. I'm not a veteran pvp at all, but I can usually tell if the team has a chance of winning the second the gates come down and the team moves out.

Bots just keep standing while waiting, or already do some programmed moves, no bot ever uses a mount. 1 Bot in a team is somewhat manageable, as it's likely the other team has one too. If there are 2 it's game over, straight to jail, do not pass 'go' and if you stay get ready for some serious gangbang time.

Zerg rushing anything that moves. Occasionally domination is like kiddie's soccer, the whole team rushes to the nearest spot and waits there until it's capped before meeting the opponents somewhere halfway, getting wiped, and then rinse and repeat.

And of course, pre-mades who actually do communicate just obliterate any pug.

I'd like my friends list to be included in the queue, so when people I've friended are queueing too, we end up together. And the blacklisted ones stay nicely on the opponents team ;)
  • moerevolvermoerevolver Member Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Change the domination win score from 1000, to 400. 3~4 min games are easier to sit through, make the correct time adjustments to node capturing. Should be all good.
  • skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Just a side note...I was in a pug group the other day down 300 to 900 and still managed to pull out a win so it's never impossible as long as no one gives up. Nobody on *either* team gave up BTW, and as far as I could tell neither team had bots.
  • cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    krahct wrote: »
    I never thought I'd say this, ever in my life of playing MMOs, but Cryptic please add a 'concede the match' button so the losing team can vote to end the match.

Domination has become so bad that it's not even enjoyeable to play a match. It's a crapshoot if you'll get a team that even has a healer and so often in dominations I've been in alot of the player give up and stop dropping down from the fire to engage in fight.

If the other team has any combination of the following and your team does not it's a loss more times than not:

1) 2 + TRs and a DC
    2) CW and DC
    3) 3 + CW

Once again, I'm asking that you simply add a vote button that can be initiated once the score become so lopsided the match isn't recoverable. Most matches once they get to that point are merely just a ego fullfilling and point farming endeavor for the dominate team.

Heck add a bonus to the winning team for a match that is conceded by the other team.

Think of it like knocking your king over in chess saying, I know this is a loss, I concede the win to you.

/end

90% of the matches i win do not have a healer.... so it has nothing to do with a healer
  • rishzothrishzoth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This...

In many a match have the tides turned in the last 5 mins. I've been behind by 200-300 points and still end up winning after a rally of my team. Yes, a system like this is ripe for abuse, but perhaps a "6-run rule" is needed in some form.

• erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    3+ CW? Lolwat? CW's are terrible zone contesters - all they can do is farcast and abuse their amount of dodges when someone comes for them. If you got 3+ CW in your team, you will -ALWAYS- lose to a semi competent team. Why? because they die quickly when they stand inside a zone. And it just so happens that your team's bar moves forward based on the amount of uncontested zones that your team has dominated. Hint hint '_'

2 CW means someone else in the group will have to carry them aswell lol. Whenever I'm in a PUG group and I see 2+ CW's on my team I go 'oh lordy...' XD. Usually one of those CW's is a bot aswell. Hurr durr.

Lastly, 5 sentinel GWF's or a team of 2 good geared GWF/2 GF/1 DC are the real teams to fear. Unfortunately this is the sad truth because good geared tanky classes can soak up more DPS than a top tier gear DPSer can dish out. Not to mention that they can do a truckload of damage aswell cause of tenebs and have additional OP skills like prone/knockdown.
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;
  • argonacargonac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think a more reasonable suggestion would be to accelerate the point gain if a team holds all points. And I mean significantly.