test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWF PVP Counter

perfectindigoperfectindigo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Militia Barracks
What's the strategy for these guys?

It seems like they get beat up, cc'd a bit, nearly dead, then decide they're not into that, get some temporary hit points, become immune to cc, and recover half their health bar while knocking someone else on their face.

I'm still trying to figure out how to counter them, but here's what I have so far:
1) Prioritize killing GWFs lower than everyone else.
2) When they get temporary hit points, do not attack them. Do not waste CDs trying to kill them, no matter how low their health is.
3) If they run away, let them go.
4) If they are guarding a point solo, send 1 person to keep them busy (preferably one of your own tanks) or try to get them off it. Do not let a GWF tie up more than 1 person.
5) If one of your allies is fighting a GWF, do not help your ally. However, you can swap in if you are a tank and they are dps/healer. Your ally should leave after you swap in for them.

I think GWFs are strongest when being attacked by multiple people and weakest when they are mostly ignored. Am I understanding how they work?

I'm not sure how well this strategy works, as in practice I haven't seen other people disengage GWFs. It seems that the longer a GWF fights in an area, the more people pile on. The GWF seems to like it, so I don't think it's the right strategy.
Post edited by perfectindigo on

Comments

• adhal81adhal81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You pretty much got it right, focus the weaker targets first. I have some rouge I run with and believe me when I run in and grab all the attention, my rogues are having a field day tearing them up.

Also get a feel for what type of gwf you are facing. Not all gwfs are sentinels, and not all sentinels are the same. If you can light them up easy then do it. Really only 1 outta 5 are the type that will give you fits, and thats probably being generous (on mindflayer at least).

Whatever you do, if your not a GF or a GWF do not try to go toe to toe with a sentinel, hit and run with slows if you have too, run if they are in unstoppable
  • genericjgenericj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013

It seems like they get beat up, cc'd a bit, nearly dead, then decide they're not into that, get some temporary hit points, become immune to cc, and recover half their health bar while knocking someone else on their face.

I'm still trying to figure out how to counter them, but here's what I have so far:
    1) Prioritize killing GWFs lower than everyone else.
    2) When they get temporary hit points, do not attack them. Do not waste CDs trying to kill them, no matter how low their health is.
    3) If they run away, let them go.
    4) If they are guarding a point solo, send 1 person to keep them busy (preferably one of your own tanks) or try to get them off it. Do not let a GWF tie up more than 1 person.
    5) If one of your allies is fighting a GWF, do not help your ally. However, you can swap in if you are a tank and they are dps/healer. Your ally should leave after you swap in for them.

I think GWFs are strongest when being attacked by multiple people and weakest when they are mostly ignored. Am I understanding how they work?

I'm not sure how well this strategy works, as in practice I haven't seen other people disengage GWFs. It seems that the longer a GWF fights in an area, the more people pile on. The GWF seems to like it, so I don't think it's the right strategy.

Their counter is a GF since they can lock them out from popping unstoppible via prone and knock ups. Any other type of CC can be ignored.

Also ignoring a geared GWF is a double edged sword. If you ignore them then you're eating full hp tenny procs, however if you focus them then you're basically doing exactly what the opposing team wants you to do. They are currently in this perfect incognito spot where it might actually be the only class that you want to "hurt" then switch to something else because you are not going to kill them anyways but you dont want them killing everyone with tenny burst.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    genericj wrote: »
    Also ignoring a geared GWF is a double edged sword.
    Particularly if they are in 'Seek and Destroy' mode. By this I mean, not just being complacent guarding a point, which I believe is a waste of a GWF (Sentinel spec particularly). My point being is that GWFs absolutely destroy CWs, and can rock TRs world also, thus we should be hunting them out at every chance. Acquire target, lock on, and kill.

Sitting at a single point robs us of our most valuable asset... Mobility. We, GWFs, are the most mobile/fastest class in the game. Sentinel builds slot Bravery, giving us 115% run speed and we have Sprint. Obviously Unstoppable is what makes us the most 'Mobile' as we will find you and we will run you down. This is not flawless, and sometimes camping a point is the correct play. I would advise against using that as your main strategy though...

This is my strategy, and it works out specatacularly well since the patch that worked out Sentinel/Unstoppable Temporary HPs: The Tao of Diengaging
    va8Ru.gif
  • perfectindigoperfectindigo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks; I think I understand them a bit better now.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Gear up and play as a team. We fought a nasty, nasty PVP team yesterday. They cut through my GWF (GS 10.4k) like hot butter. I even think their rogue 1-shotted me.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

they get beat up, cc'd dead

Their strategy? They erase their gwf and start another class

get some temporary hit points, become immune to cc, and recover half their health bar while knocking someone else on their face.

They wish. Once CC-ed they cannot escape, unlike any other class theshift key won't help. Tab won't work either.

You're wtiting a post about how to kill a snail with a bazooka.
    English is not my first language.
  • danteichigo3danteichigo3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13
    edited July 2013
    nab then afsefsdwd