test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Enough Fluffy Bunny items already!

zentucknorzentucknor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Why is it we can get all sorts of fluffy bunny style items. We can get boars and tigers to ride. No matter they disrupt lore and immersion. We get wedding gowns and all sorts of clothing. We are getting all sorts of little fluffy bunny style items.

How about actually adding something to the game that is part of the realms and not about Barbie and my little pony style players. How about a new class!
Ever ask a halfling to watch over your stuff while you visit the privy? Was it there when you returned?
Friar Kalien of Torm
10.jpg
Post edited by zentucknor on

Comments

• Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Boars and Tigers and Wedding dresses arent apart of the realms? Since when?!
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Boars and Tigers and Wedding dresses... OH MY!
  • Options
    rsheartsrshearts Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 51
    edited July 2013
    And never, ever, underestimate a fluffy bunny.
  • Options
    chikarchikar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Unfortunately, you people are now playing a PWE game. PWE has been one of the Kings of the Cash Shop gaming industry for YEARS! Even before Zynga.

If you didn't know this, educate yourselves now so you can make an educated decision on your length of stay.

I, myself, already knew this before DL'ing NW in Beta. But I'm still here, and I'm not whining and crying about every tiny little thing either.

Maybe you're complaining, because you're too Fluffy Bunny to deal with it. Man up, Move on.. or find a new game to play is the only other option.
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    chikar wrote: »
    Unfortunately, you people are now playing a PWE game. PWE has been one of the Kings of the Cash Shop gaming industry for YEARS! Even before Zynga.

If you didn't know this, educate yourselves now so you can make an educated decision on your length of stay.

I, myself, already knew this before DL'ing NW in Beta. But I'm still here, and I'm not whining and crying about every tiny little thing either.

Maybe you're complaining, because you're too Fluffy Bunny to deal with it. Man up, Move on.. or find a new game to play is the only other option.

Zynga founded in 2007, PWE founded in 2008. Uhh...wut?
  • Options
    geargogglesgeargoggles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Weird title but I mostly agree. Tiger, ehhh, Boar, ehh maybe, now if they had a War Elephant, now your talking.
    Keep the wedding outfits and maybe put out some of the clothes the NPC's wear in the towns.
  • Options
    thejadeemperorthejadeemperor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Zynga founded in 2007, PWE founded in 2008. Uhh...wut?

PWE is only the NA branch of Perfect World, Beijing, which was found many years before Zynga.

They sold all kinds of virtual items, including these cutie "fluff" animals and dresses just like other big f2p games like MapeStory.
  • Options
    riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    More fluffy bunny items... !!
    Pretty please??
    I love fluff!
    We could use way more options for non-combat clothing.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    PWE is only the NA branch of Perfect World, Beijing, which was found many years before Zynga.

They sold all kinds of virtual items, including these cutie "fluff" animals and dresses just like other big f2p games like MapeStory.

Beijing Perfect World was founded in 2004 so I will agree that they have been around longer cashing in on people wanting to pay for fluff items.

I would rather it be fluff items instead of paying for +4 tomes like in DDO though.
  • Options
    healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    We can NEVER has ENOUGH fluffy bunny items!
    D:<
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • Options
    horrifyingclownhorrifyingclown Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, aside from your irrational fear of bunnies, and your silly hatred of awesome ponies, you need to realize the fact that the cash shop is the only way for this game to make money. They can either make you pay for "fluffy bunny" items and similiar cosmetics, or they can make you pay for the game itself. So, what? Would you rather be forced to pay a monthly subscription than be forced to pay a few dollars if you want to look like some awesome furry creature? At least this way, us awesome bunny-lovers are the only people who have to pay for this game.

To be honest, I think this entire post is just about jealousy. You're jealous of our fluffyness.
  • Options
    tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    im wiling to pay 200.00USD for the WINNER title.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    healhamsta wrote: »

^This is true.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    zellexzellex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    @Horrifyingclown I've been saying long before release I would rather pay a monthly sub. There used to be great debates on the matter and people insisted cash shops were the way to go... moderators told us that devs insisted that they would not be selling items that gave people an unfair advantage...etc. etc... Well we can see how this went. Yes I would have rather paid a monthly sub... and heck even have a shop with just cosmetic items would be fine with me.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    im wiling to pay 200.00USD for the WINNER title.

Why not 200.00 USD for the FABULOUS title?
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • Options
    tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Why not 200.00 USD for the FABULOUS title?
    ooo Id pay 300.00 USD for that one..definitely!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Selling titles don't net you anything in the long run because when there are thousands of "winners" running around you are no longer a winner.

It is all fair for all f2p games to sell any non-basic game feature and content. Fluffy stuff or so-called pay-to-win items are all fair and equally fair as long as they are not required for the general public to enjoy the basic games they have in their mind.

Fair f2p MMORPG developers and publishers should never restrict players to pay to equip basic gear, loot corpses, use automated trading services and advance their characters the normal way. If you need to pay to equip rare and epic gear, loot bosses, use the AH and advance pass level xx then it is only at best a free trail, or freemium game as you prefer to call it this way.
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    vortican wrote: »
    Boars and Tigers and Wedding dresses... OH MY!

I'll get you my pretty and your little boar too!!
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Yeah, really - complaining about "all the clothes", when all they've given us is three outfits. (That said, I wouldn't mind a pile of lore-appropriate outfits. Of course, given all the things that have been done in Forgotten Realms-book cover artwork? There's an awful wide variety of what would be "lore appropriate".... :p)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Yeah, really - complaining about "all the clothes", when all they've given us is three outfits. (That said, I wouldn't mind a pile of lore-appropriate outfits. Of course, given all the things that have been done in Forgotten Realms-book cover artwork? There's an awful wide variety of what would be "lore appropriate".... :p)

We can has chainmail bikini?
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zentucknor wrote: »
    How about actually adding something to the game that is part of the realms and not about Barbie and my little pony style players. How about a new class!

A new class (or two?) is "Coming Soon". And luckily for you, unlike 'fluffy Bunny items' it wont cost a cent. However in the meantime they still need to pay employees and, yes, make a profit. This isn't a charity you know. I too would like some more classes but I also want them to be done right. Or at least as right as can be expected before thousands of people get their hands on them and start to do things the devs/testers never though of doing. They will be released when they are ready. I'd rather have that than have them be rushed out broken.
  • Options
    horrifyingclownhorrifyingclown Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zellex wrote: »
    @Horrifyingclown I've been saying long before release I would rather pay a monthly sub. There used to be great debates on the matter and people insisted cash shops were the way to go... moderators told us that devs insisted that they would not be selling items that gave people an unfair advantage...etc. etc... Well we can see how this went. Yes I would have rather paid a monthly sub... and heck even have a shop with just cosmetic items would be fine with me.

Doesn't work like that. If they used subs, they'd get like 1/10th of the players they currently have. So unless they decide to charge you like $60 per month, they'd never make enough money. The MMO market is overflowing, and a sub-based game can't survive unless they're WoW. Hell, even BioWare's thing went F2P. Same with Secret World. What makes you think this game would do differently?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Doesn't work like that. If they used subs, they'd get like 1/10th of the players they currently have. So unless they decide to charge you like $60 per month, they'd never make enough money. The MMO market is overflowing, and a sub-based game can't survive EVEN IF they're WoW. Hell, even BioWare's thing went F2P. Same with Secret World. What makes you think this game would do differently?

Now, that's fixed. Watch WoW to go down in a couple of years before Blizzard warehouse it for 10 years like what they did with D2. You know Titan is a vaporware, right?

For those who keep crying for sub games you should try selling your idea to McDonald's and Walmart and see how fast they throw you out of the window.