test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Zen Store Mounts, Character Bound or Account?

bookwyrmmbookwyrmm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 94
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
They got me with the tiger mount - a long term fantasy staple of mine. But while I can barely justify a $35 purchase, I can only do it if the mount is account wide.

I know the Founders' Pack mount and companion are account wide, but can anyone confirm that the zen mounts are as well?
"Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien
Post edited by bookwyrmm on

Comments

• Options
    zellexzellex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It says underneath which are account bound.... I still can't justify $35 though.. not sure where you claim them command line or at some vendor...but I'm 99.9% positive anything green or above in the store is for all characters.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    While I have not bought a tiger mount I have bought the howler and medium worg from the Zen shop. Both were for the whole account. (You just claim a free one from the shop with each character) No reason to think the tigers would be any different.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zellex wrote: »
    It says underneath which are account bound.... I still can't justify $35 though.. not sure where you claim them command line or at some vendor...but I'm 99.9% positive anything green or above in the store is for all characters.

Sadly that is not the case. Companions for example are per character.

I do think the mounts are all per account. Its not exactly "account bound" though. There is no way to trade account bound items in game. (Mail doesn't work) So they let you claim one with each character from the shop.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    lejdglejdg Member Posts: 79
    edited July 2013
    howler def is for all toons on the account. but the zen store states that when you check out the mounts
  • Options
    mcleod71mcleod71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    white tiger is for all chars
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    You're actually going to pay $35 for some idiotic mount? No, I have to walk away before I say something I regret!
  • Options
    carletto75carletto75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    You're actually going to pay $35 for some idiotic mount? No, I have to walk away before I say something I regret!

Thanks to these ppls, game like Neverwinter can remain free to play...
  • Options
    alienslofalienslof Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Some people spend their money on beer and smokes. Some of us spend it on games instead. No different really, except that gaming is better for your health.

I'm making good use of this summer event to ramp up my astral diamonds for zen - I nearly have enough for the tiger of my dreams! :)
    A dream to some, a NIGHTMARE to others!

Lolth be praised!
  • Options
    fablernfablern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    carletto75 wrote: »
    Thanks to these ppls, game like Neverwinter can remain free to play...

This! you should never bite the hand that feeds you!
  • Options
    rhymfaxerhymfaxe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    You don't need too use actual $ to get zen. Basically if you have a t2 capable char, getting 3500 Zen is quite easy.

Anyway, if you get a mount from the Zen store, it is "purchasable" for 0 Zen in the store from then on on that account. For any and all past and future characters.
  • Options
    lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    alienslof wrote: »
    No different really, except that gaming is better for your health.

And just like with Beer and Smokes, moderation is best. Don't go on a 3 day gaming marathon in your room with very little water and food. I've seen some players in the news who went out like that...

Yep. Your character in the game may not need to eat or drink, but YOU do.

As for the mounts, I think I see that $35 is reasonable if you're also planning on buying lots of character slots as that one mount is available to all of them. The different varieties are probably there to entice what I call "mount collectors". You don't need them all, but some people would want them all anyway. Even though we don't get to own stables to showcase our collection...
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*