test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New class speculation!

citizynkingcitizynking Member Posts: 31 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So this thread is for speculation as to what the heck that "Coming Soon" class is gonna be. We already know that the new race is going to be the Drow. They're also likely to add Dragonborn, since it was a base class in the 4e system.

My question is about that class. I like to think that we've all noticed that there are no nature-kit classes, so its more than likely going to be something along the lines of a Druid or a Ranger. Heck, one might even speculate that it'd be a Barbarian, though there are already two melee damage dealers and a melee tank, and we have yet to get a single ranged DPS.

What are your thoughts? Speculations? Facts?
Post edited by citizynking on

Comments

• Options
    blakeryannwblakeryannw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There is nothing to 'speculate'. Drow is already in the game, that spot opens up to people with the $200 Founders/NW Pack. It will be unlocked for other players in the future, originally thought to be at least 60 days from live release. The Fury of the Feywild will release Moon & Sun Elves. The two future classes are Archer Ranger and Scourge Warlock, but it is not confirmed which is going to actually be released first or if that's every happening in Fury.

Seriously, there are 20-50 new threads on this a day. Do people even try to search anymore?
    Taecyeon - Beholder - Guild Leader of CatAssTrophy
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Speculate about what? Next 2 classes are scourge warlock and archer ranger.
  • Options
    brustlebrustle Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    too bad... game needs more healers. druid would be a better pick imo (assuming they can heal and aren't just Furries like wow)
  • Options
    mok33mok33 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    He said speculate... I loled.
  • Options
    geargogglesgeargoggles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There is nothing to 'speculate'...but it is not confirmed

Oh the irony.
  • Options
    zellexzellex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    brustle wrote: »
    too bad... game needs more healers. druid would be a better pick imo (assuming they can heal and aren't just Furries like wow)

Actually, I think I would have to agree with this statement....would be an excellent implementation tbh.

Edit - LOL furries
  • Options
    aaronjfaaronjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The next class WILL be ranger I bet. Followed by warlock.. Ranger just makes sense since their nodes already exist.. Like others have stated, it is between those two classes though. Haven't read/heard anything from pw about druid or barbarian class yet.
  • Options
    geargogglesgeargoggles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zellex wrote: »
    Actually, I think I would have to agree with this statement....would be an excellent implementation tbh.

Edit - LOL furries

Actually if they would just add a traditional melee path for Clerics, mace and shield, I would think more people would play it. I for one was REALLY disappointed to see basically a Mage Cleric. Having variety for healers though is nice and if it was a healing class, any healing class it would certainly be welcome for sure.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    brustle wrote: »

In 4th edition, druids are controllers, and not healers. Your best bet for more healing classes are battle clerics, bards, or warlords.
  • Options
    zellexzellex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    In 4th edition, druids are controllers, and not healers. Your best bet for more healing classes are battle clerics, bards, or warlords.

Bards would be even better. hehe

Edit- Oh, and shields for all classes =)