test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Blocking Flamespikers (Karundax) - should I even try

loonbeloonbe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Militia Barracks
This isn't really an issue (it's trash) but rather an annoyance. This is about the flamespikers "spike" ability where in a line in front of them they knock everything up (multiple small sized circles to be precise). I've found it nigh impossible to block it. As with all circle sized aoe you need to have your shield in between yourself and the center of the circle. But it feels like the center is almost as big as the circle itself. It's just smarter to walk out of it.

What annoys me even more though is that Villain's menace doesn't work against it at all.
Post edited by loonbe on

Comments

• Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    loonbe wrote: »
    This isn't really an issue (it's trash) but rather an annoyance. This is about the flamespikers "spike" ability where in a line in front of them they knock everything up (multiple small sized circles to be precise). I've found it nigh impossible to block it. As with all circle sized aoe you need to have your shield in between yourself and the center of the circle. But it feels like the center is almost as big as the circle itself. It's just smarter to walk out of it.

What annoys me even more though is that Villain's menace doesn't work against it at all.

I don't even bother trying to block those anymore. Run a circle around the trash pull and just get out of the aoe :/
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    kreicuskreicus Member Posts: 76
    edited July 2013
    The issue with this attack is that the line of circles overlap, so when you're blocking the center of one circle, the next circle will knock you up. Or, if you're within the first circle completely (hard to do) it will still knock you back (back, not down with with shield up) into the next red circle and then knock you down. Best thing to do is to move out of it, or face sideways so that the center of the red circle is in front of you and your back is facing safe ground.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Never stop moving when tanking trash with dangerous aoes
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    kreicuskreicus Member Posts: 76
    edited July 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    Never stop moving when tanking trash with dangerous aoes
    And you have no more guard meter, if you do, guard that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, fill that AP!