test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Daily spending limit exceeded"

brostenbrosten Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Ohoy,

after a lenghty (and utterly fruitless) conversation with Support, I'm faced with the conclusion that I'm unable to use any creditcard based payments (regular CC, moneybrokers etc).

And Support is utterly unable to tell my why, since disclosing such information might open for exploitation.

So, my question is this ... anybody else out there that has been "gifted" with this sort of limitation?
Post edited by brosten on

Comments

• Options
    nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1564/session/L3RpbWUvMTM3Mjg3MDI2OS9zaWQvaFlrd25pdWw%3D
    The default spending limit for all accounts is $100 per payment solution in a 24 hour period. This is based on the time of purchase and not the world clock. So even though it is the next calendar day, you may not have exceeded the 24 hours since the last time you reached your limit.

All payments that are rejected due to being over the spending limit will be refunded by our staff on the next business day and the funds will return to the funding source within the next 2-5 business days.

To raise an account spending limit, you'll need to send in a ticket to the billing department to request for an increase.
  • Options
    wergildwergild Member Posts: 33
    edited July 2013
    It is also necessary that you are playing the game from your country of residence (where your payment source is from). For example, if you are from the US and just happen to be in a hotel in Dubai during your R&R time between going back to Afghanistan to be shot at, you won't be able to make any purchases, and your friends back home won't be able to purchase for you either, since the country you are playing from is different from the country you are trying to buy from (even when you are in the US, but playing from outside of the US).
  • Options
    brostenbrosten Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thank nullwolf, and I did.

I've spent a week in communication with Support, and their answer is that the limitation to my account cannot be lifted (aka nomatter what I do, I wont ever be able to use the creditcard payment options). Plus, Support are unable to provide me with a reason, since that means revealing internal security procedures ...
  • Options
    nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    brosten wrote: »
    their answer is that the limitation to my account cannot be lifted

That sucks. Time to start ordering / buying Perfect World cards?
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Go to the store and get cards if you want to spend money that badly. It has the awesome side effect of keeping your information out of PWE's hands forever.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Wergild,

aye, I thought of that too. However, I'm playing from Denmark, having accessed my account from any other PC than my stationary, and I have a handfull of RL friends who all play from Denmark too, and can blow their hard earned cash at will ;-)

Thanks for the reply, I'm just slightly frustrated that for the first time in my 41 years I'm unable to throw cash at a game I think deserves it.
    (And yep, I know I can "just" go buy those silly prepaid cards .. somewhere) :-)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Wergild,

aye, I thought of that too. However, I'm playing from Denmark, having accessed my account from any other PC than my stationary, and I have a handfull of RL friends who all play from Denmark too, and can blow their hard earned cash at will ;-)

Thanks for the reply, I'm just slightly frustrated that for the first time in my 41 years I'm unable to throw cash at a game I think deserves it.
    (And yep, I know I can "just" go buy those silly prepaid cards .. somewhere) :-)

You don't know anyone you can trust in another country to go buy one for you and text you a picture of the code?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    etherealj,

oh I could imagine there are shops here that carry some of those prepaids.
    I'm just puzzled that in my 20+ years of online gaming a company flat out denies me the use of a creditcard :-)

Thanks for taking the time to throw suggestions my way, its appreciated :-)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    etherealj,

oh I could imagine there are shops here that carry some of those prepaids.
    I'm just puzzled that in my 20+ years of online gaming a company flat out denies me the use of a creditcard :-)

Thanks for taking the time to throw suggestions my way, its appreciated :-)

Np, your problem is alien to me anyway :P. I go out of my way to avoid giving companies, especially ones that demonstrate laughably bad web interfaces, my information.