test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

More Maps/Game Modes for PvP?

cythrulcythrul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
It's been a few months and we've been stuck with the same two maps for this, 'Capture the Point' game mode.

I'd like to see a few more maps, or possibly game modes for PvP, such as; Deathmatch or Capture the Flag.

Is there anything on the horizon for this? You can only play the same maps for so long without getting ridiculously bored.
Post edited by cythrul on

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Edited - Removed
  • Options
    scizyrscizyr Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No we don't need any new "modes" for pvp, all of them should be removed and pvp should open up in every zone.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    scizyr wrote: »
    No we don't need any new "modes" for pvp, all of them should be removed and pvp should open up in every zone.

In an ideal world, yes... or at least an option for a PvP server. However, it is not going to happen.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Sorry this is D&D and pvp needs to be everywhere, players are part of the environment. Don't spout your segregation nonsense at me, I don't tell carebears to go to their own server, do I?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    What are you talking about? Stop trolling.

I agree - I want open PvP - But I understand that it probably won't happen in this game.

I live in reality
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    It won't happen with that downtrodden attitude, grow a ****ing spine.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I want some urban PVP! Make a map out of Protector's Enclave or the Drow city in Whispering Caverns!
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yes! Because if you believe, you can achieve!

Hooray, you turned a humble suggestion into ******ry.

Cheers, have a good day.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    It won't happen with that downtrodden attitude, grow a ****ing spine.

Question. How many games have been released with only PvP in battlegrounds and were later switched to free-for-all PvP?

Ooh, Ooh, I know this one...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Look at the threads on the first page in this section, all you see is whining about something that can be easily solved by staying true to the original game.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    cythrul wrote: »
    Question. How many games have been released with only PvP in battlegrounds and were later switched to free-for-all PvP?

Ooh, Ooh, I know this one...
    So you are against trying something that has never been done before? Nice to see your true opinions come out, all you like is rehashed clones of WoW, got it.

To all game devs reading this thread, never try anything new, cythrul will tell you it won't work because it hasn't been done before!
  • Options
    darkrahoddarkrahod Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    the only way you can have open pvp is to have factions which can be done in this game with guild factions... such as this guild is at war with that guild which would be controlled by the guild leaders as challenges which would have a set time point score which would allow you the players to get a message saying " We <Insert Guild Name Here> have been challenged by <Insert **** Guild Here>. You are hear by order to dispatch any members of <Insert **** Guild Here> on site. This challenge will last for 7 days in which who ever has the most <Insert token to mark a kill> will receive a reward." the reward could be something like AD Bet between the two or maybe you can Raid the other guilds guild bank <if bank is an option then they would have to have a requirement of a full bank of a Value equal to x amount of gold and it would be locked until after the time frame>. So if you want open PVP this is the only way i can see it happening and no nonguildies can't help you because you are unable to be targeted in combat.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Look at the threads on the first page in this section, all you see is whining about something that can be easily solved by staying true to the original game.

You say the 'original game' like D&D (this video game) was intended to be a PvP sandbox. They are just using the licensing and some of the concepts/classes.

You live in a fantasy world, friend.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    What the **** man use PARAGRAPHS I won't even bother reading your ****, all I saw was "the only way you can have open pvp is to have factions" which is completely off base, factional pvp is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and has no place in D&D.

You know who your enemy is in a D&D campaign? Whoever the **** you want it to be, that's the whole point is to give us, the players, the ability to choose how we play and who we want to fight against.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    You say the 'original game' like D&D (this video game) was intended to be a PvP sandbox. They are just using the licensing and some of the concepts/classes.

You live in a fantasy world, friend.
    I'm holding the dev's to their words, which you apparently missed. They clearly stated "Made by D&D fans for D&D fans." Don't <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> down my back and tell me it's raining.

I play in a fantasy world.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ok think about this open pvp for someone in a zone .... ok i am going along hacking along and oh look someone to gank...wait there are lower level zones...i can gank noobs for hours what am I doing here let me take my level 60 end game gear *** down to to the low level zones and just roll over everyone...that is open world pvp in this game and you will get a flood of QQ's say i can't level or finish a quest because epic gear toons are pounding my head...thats why i said that and if you didn't ready everything I am sorry it makes a point in the end not the start...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    darkrahod wrote: »
    ok think about this open pvp for someone in a zone .... ok i am going along hacking along and oh look someone to gank...wait there are lower level zones...i can gank noobs for hours what am I doing here let me take my level 60 end game gear *** down to to the low level zones and just roll over everyone...that is open world pvp in this game and you will get a flood of QQ's say i can't level or finish a quest because epic gear toons are pounding my head...thats why i said that and if you didn't ready everything I am sorry it makes a point in the end not the start...
    Look at this subforum, all you see is a flood of QQ's so nothing would change. If that's your only argument against open pvp then you are living in a fantasy world.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Look at this subforum, all you see is a flood of QQ's so nothing would change. If that's your only argument against open pvp then you are living in a fantasy world.

ok let me break down to your readying level since you don't ready more than 3-4 words at a time.

my point was let guilds have the ability to turn on and off World pvp between themselves...

which by your own words is what you would like

"You know who your enemy is in a D&D campaign? Whoever the **** you want it to be, that's the whole point is to give us, the players, the ability to choose how we play and who we want to fight against."

this is why people read all the words in a "PARAGRAPH"

as for the QQ's I was talking about would Greatly increase....
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    darkrahod wrote: »
    ok let me break down to your readying level since you don't ready more than 3-4 words at a time.

my point was let guilds have the ability to turn on and off World pvp between themselves...

which by your own words is what you would like

"You know who your enemy is in a D&D campaign? Whoever the **** you want it to be, that's the whole point is to give us, the players, the ability to choose how we play and who we want to fight against."

this is why people read all the words in a "PARAGRAPH"
    What you are describing is not open pvp but guild vs guild so my original point still stands. Let the players decide who to fight and let them police themselves. If there's some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ganking newbs he gets blacklisted and other people come and wreck him. Pretty simple conept and works well in other games.
  • Options
    cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What makes you think every player is of like mind? I personally don't want it and I'm sure many people wouldn't? So at that point you are STILL only satisfying a segment.

EQ did it right. PVP all the time servers and PVP/ accept challenge servers and it worked well. I had accounts on both types of servers, and you know what the griefers he described above existed, but on PVP servers you EXPECTED it. D&D videogames and most of it's spinoffs has been geared towards family play with enough difficulty to satisfy the hardcore players.

It historically has never been a PVP game.

If you don't like the current system there are other games out their you can play you know. Devs aren't here to satisfy subgroups... they are here to satisfy their core audience. Which you obviously are not a part of... so simply find something you like... here are the top 5 http://mmohuts.com/editorials/best-free-pvp-mmorpgs

and more
    http://event.mmosite.com/gameprize/?action=gamelist&id=35
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    EQ did it right. PVP all the time servers and PVP/ accept challenge servers and it worked well. I had accounts on both types of servers, and you know what the griefers he described above existed, but on PVP servers you EXPECTED it.

EQ didn't exactly do it right since there were nerfs to all players based upon what was happening on the PvP servers and probably vice versa. Doing it right would have been classes being balanced differently between the two different types of environments.
  • Options
    cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    EQ didn't exactly do it right since there were nerfs to all players based upon what was happening on the PvP servers and probably vice versa. Doing it right would have been classes being balanced differently between the two different types of environments.

I was talking environments not nerfs... every game nerfs based on real imbalances or whiners. You don't put PVP everywhere you give people a choice.
  • Options
    sxarrsxarr Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i want some 5vs5 round based pvp, if you die.. you must sit out the round
    perhaps add an objective in the mix

inb4 play call of duty
    MaxPower
  • Options
    dank65dank65 Member Posts: 44
    edited July 2013
    It's been a few months and we've been stuck with the same two maps for this, 'Capture the Point' game mode.

I'd like to see a few more maps, or possibly game modes for PvP, such as; Deathmatch or Capture the Flag.

Is there anything on the horizon for this? You can only play the same maps for so long without getting ridiculously bored.

I just had to laugh and I wouldn't hold my breath I come from STO another craptic game and were still playing on the same 3 arena and 1 capture map we had at launch 3+ years ago with no change and we keep getting "Its comming" only to learn later "its been pushed back".

Keep asking though and eventually you will get the "Well PvP makes up such a small percentage of the player base and we only have so many devs to work on things"......:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banshee
    Bloodthristy
    Guild - <Lords of The Dead>
    LvL 60 CW-Dragon Server
  • Options
    rondacherondache Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm holding the dev's to their words, which you apparently missed. They clearly stated "Made by D&D fans for D&D fans."
    What part of this says "open PvP"?

At it's heart, D&D isn't about killing things, and it is certainly not about killing other players. At it's heart, D&D is about story telling.

The logic of 'this game is for D&D players, I am a D&D player, I want an open PvP game, therefore this game will have open PvP' is the most flawed thought process I have come across in a while, yet is the only process you could have used to come to the conclusion that this game would, could or should have open PvP.