test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guardian fighter end game gear question

hwdnchwdnc Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Militia Barracks
So people are saying the timeless set and the stalwart set are the gf's 2 best options for end game gear
but gear like icefall gauntlets and armor of insanity gives such good stats
Is going those 2 pieces + 2 timeless shoes and helmet viable (or possibly even better?)

Also a note on the stalwart set, even though it seems to add approximately 7.5k power from the special effect, you lose so much raw stats (power, armor penetration and recovery) from the individual pieces, does that mean timeless outranks it by far?
Post edited by hwdnc on

Comments

• Options
    freehugs9freehugs9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    hwdnc wrote: »
    Also a note on the stalwart set, even though it seems to add approximately 7.5k power from the special effect, you lose so much raw stats (power, armor penetration and recovery) from the individual pieces, does that mean timeless outranks it by far?

I'm not expert on GF gear, but it seems to me that 7.5k power is more stats that the whole Timeless set combined, and if you're Conq spec and get a 100% bonus on top of that power? Think I'll be using the Stalwart set when I get to 60.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    but if you went with my alternative suggestion, you will gain approx 600 power,recovery, 500armor penetration, and a whole lot of deflection/defence stats not to mention 7.5k power required you to get hit 5 times, I'm not geared to the teeth but I can't stand around fighting back at adds without dieing so I can't see that 7.5k power helping a great deal... are there any gf's out there that can stand their ground and fight the adds at the final boss of frozen heart?

(p.s yes i've gone with conquerer paragon)
  • Options
    zxornzxorn Member Posts: 160 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    You can do decent for stats mixing different pieces that aren't sets at all, I personally wouldn't bother with 2 piece timeless, deflection is a sub par stat just like defense. 2pc Knight's captain will do more for you in most cases.

PvE Stalwart is hands down the best set.

PvP I believe it's entirely situational and so both sets would be somewhat equal.

Timeless does best when you get the first CC chain or if they just aren't paying attention to you. Stalwart is generally easy to get stacks but sometimes you have to go out of your way for them, esp if no one is attacking you. Its not hard to stand in aoe or get someone's attention for stacks but it does usually have a short build up time and in many cases of PvP its a 2-3 shot game. Stalwart is a bit more durable allowing you to take more dmg while timeless is squishy but has a 100% up time regardless of being attacked or not.

If its a 1v1 I'd always bet on stalwart but if you want to quickly jump someone in the back lines or from behind timeless does it better.
  • Options
    butteredtoasttbutteredtoastt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    2 piece knight's captain, 2 piece high general : ) Get's you 850 ARP, then slot Darks based on your Dex roll and azures for those crits !!!
  • Options
    vidfinnxvidfinnx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 98
    edited July 2013
    what if you achieved the same defensive stats wearing timeless though? like with ancient grand knights set you can get
    pretty **** close to the same defenses then the only difference is the set bonus
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    freehugs9 wrote: »
    if you're Conq spec and get a 100% bonus on top of that power? Think I'll be using the Stalwart set when I get to 60.

It does not take Stalwart set into account, when doubling your power. It's only the power from items.

Knight Captain set isn't bad, either. It's pretty much only good for PVE, but it's very good for it. 60% power for your TR is nothing to sneeze at.
  • Options
    teezy604teezy604 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    2 piece knight's captain, 2 piece high general : ) Get's you 850 ARP, then slot Darks based on your Dex roll and azures for those crits !!!

This guy knows what's up. I don't even use timeless anymore since tenebrous got nerf to uselessness unless you have greater in all 6 slots, which I'm not rich enough to get, so that set is now useless. Thanks to the those "pro" guides on how to build a GF tho. All those baddies buying Stalwart helm for insane high prices made me super rich. The more people who think it's the best set, the more AD I make.
  • Options
    kreicuskreicus Member Posts: 76
    edited July 2013
    Power doesn't seem to scale well, so the extra ~7.5k power from stalwart doesnt give you 'godly' damage, it does help though. Once you have your stalwart armor though, your defense, deflection, and power are all set. So get jewelry and enchants to up your armor pen, crit, recovery, whatever.
    I'm not geared to the teeth but I can't stand around fighting back at adds without dieing so I can't see that 7.5k power helping a great deal... are there any gf's out there that can stand their ground and fight the adds at the final boss of frozen heart?

I'm not sure if anyone can tank all those adds for any length of time. Thats how the game is intended however. I did notice, especially since the taunt patch, that getting those 5 stacks of stalwart is pretty easy to do, whether you're fighting a boss or all the adds.
    teezy604 wrote: »
    This guy knows what's up. I don't even use timeless anymore since tenebrous got nerf to uselessness unless you have greater in all 6 slots, which I'm not rich enough to get, so that set is now useless. Thanks to the those "pro" guides on how to build a GF tho. All those baddies buying Stalwart helm for insane high prices made me super rich. The more people who think it's the best set, the more AD I make.

Baddies buying stalwart helm?? Its still great armor, and let people buy what they want,...I happened to find mine (myself and guildy each got one in 1 run). I think with the right jewelry and enchantments most of these armors will come out to be pretty darn close to each other. I am tempted to try a dual 2/2 set sometime though, to see what i can get,...since the ~10k power doesnt seem much different from ~3k.
  • Options
    fimcontefimconte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    teezy604 wrote: »
    Stalwart is probably the top PVP set now, depending on your Dex.
    Alternatively could go 2/2 HG/KC as well for higher ArP, if you're low Dex.
    Valiant is also decent since the 4pc debuff = ~10% damage. + the set has the highest power of T1.
    The proc chance nerf to 25% makes it a bit inferior though.

For PvE, KC beats Stalwart if the group has good gear since that 60% Power is quite potent.
    Fans Glory to the Gladiators,
    Gods Glory to the Heroes.

TR:Anirul Corrino@Fimconte
    GF:Irulan Corrino@Fimconte
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Following on armor penetration, everyone says 2k ArP is a good number to stop stacking at but how does ArP mechanic function with Tide of Iron?
  • Options
    fimcontefimconte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Following on armor penetration, everyone says 2k ArP is a good number to stop stacking at but how does ArP mechanic function with Tide of Iron?

ArP reduces Damage Resistance (24% for Bosses).
    ArP cannot reduce targets into negative resist.

Debuffs can.

So with 24% ArP and Tide of Iron = +20% damage.
    Fans Glory to the Gladiators,
    Gods Glory to the Heroes.

TR:Anirul Corrino@Fimconte
    GF:Irulan Corrino@Fimconte
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    rightio thanks for that
  • Options
    trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited July 2013
    stalwart = high def (2425+400) deflect and bonus gives lots of powers (8k+ if max stack)
    timeless = low def (1911) high power and recov bonus gives crit

if you use timeless you will crit more but they will hit you hard bec of low def
    stalwart higher damage + high survivability you can focus on getting arpen

stalwart have both survivability and damage
    timeless = high chance of doing crit but lower defense