test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why can't crafted dyes change primary, secondary or highlights?

zellexzellex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I don't get this why is it that crafted dyes can dye the entire piece only and don't have the ability to dye all three areas? I mean really? Yeah... we all know why. C'mon though the colors are basically all ruddy colors anyway not very vibrant so people will still buy Zen shop dyes to get bright and vibrant colors.... PW really afraid making the crafted dyes able to dye all 3 spots will cut into their profit that much? geeze.

Edit- I craft them and I won't even use them... I just sell em.. gotta do it fast before people realize this though... I bet in a month they will go for about 200AD each.
Post edited by zellex on

Comments

• Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Actually, that's the way all "Dye Packs" work - the crafted ones, the Ardent coin one, the Zen ones, and the Trade Bar ones. Dye Packs are a specific set of three colors, applied to the 3 locations the same way every time. Dye Bottles are single colors that can be put wherever you want.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    So... your point is somehow this makes the crafted ones better than I described them? I guess my point is that they are well... <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

If you don't think so... great guess i will keep selling them to you. Have a nice day! :)
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It would be nice if they added some dye bottles to the higher levels of alchemy. Maybe different colors than what are already offered in the zen store.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I like the cleric one on my CW , makes the armor whiteish , the others all just seem to be various versions of grey/dark grey though , not very colorful...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    It would be nice if they added some dye bottles to the higher levels of alchemy. Maybe different colors than what are already offered in the zen store.

Yeah no doubt... this would be nice even if it were at lvl 20... would make me much happier....even if they were some drab colors like the ones we have now.... would be better than the way it stands now.
  • Options
    grokcgrokc Member Posts: 41
    edited July 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    what would be nice is if they would actually fix the alchemy leveling bug so I can actually make these...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    I like the cleric one on my CW , makes the armor whiteish , the others all just seem to be various versions of grey/dark grey though , not very colorful...

Yeah was going to say I think it has some gold in it...the only one that isn't really completely awful imo
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    grokc wrote: »
    what would be nice is if they would actually fix the alchemy leveling bug so I can actually make these...

+1 Broken profession is broken.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »

I like the CW ones on my GF.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    zellex wrote: »
    So... your point is somehow this makes the crafted ones better than I described them?

No, my point is that this is how dye packs have worked since the beginning, so it's not some new thing/big change/conspiracy to make Alchemy suck. /shrug

And I'm not buying them, I have my own Alchemist who made a bunch of (lousy) class-color dye packs. :/
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    No, my point is that this is how dye packs have worked since the beginning, so it's not some new thing/big change/conspiracy to make Alchemy suck. /shrug

And I'm not buying them, I have my own Alchemist who made a bunch of (lousy) class-color dye packs. :/

So you're just saying that Alchemy sucks period... it's not a conspiracy? hehe Well at least can say I've made a few AD off it anyway....it's only redeeming value imo.
  • Options
    nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would imagine as time goes on, they'll be adding other dyes / dye packs into Alchemy.
    As well as adding to each of the professions.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    nullwolf1 wrote: »
    I would imagine as time goes on, they'll be adding other dyes / dye packs into Alchemy.
    As well as adding to each of the professions.

I would imagine so... omg
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is what bugs me... you create a new character and get a welcome pack. That welcome pack contains, IIRC, 3-4 bottles of dye. For someone who hasn't had any experience w/ the dye packs from the Z-Store or elsewhere, that's how you'd expect dye to behave. To have the color of all 3 parts of a piece forced on you kinda sucks...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So getting that Winterwolf Dye Pack would be pointless since I can't put the White Dyes anywhere I want? Well that freaking sucks >.<
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    This is what bugs me... you create a new character and get a welcome pack. That welcome pack contains, IIRC, 3-4 bottles of dye. For someone who hasn't had any experience w/ the dye packs from the Z-Store or elsewhere, that's how you'd expect dye to behave. To have the color of all 3 parts of a piece forced on you kinda sucks...

Yeah, I was quite disappointed when I spent my first 15 ardent coins on that one dye pack - as you say, I expected it to be three bottles of dye.