test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Booted from Dungeon

tattooedangelstattooedangels Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
They should implement a system that lets you not be able to kick someone from party after a certain time in a Dungeon as me and 3 other people got booted at the end of 1, so 1 guy could get the loot for himself.
Post edited by tattooedangels on

Comments

• Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    There used to be a way to prevent people from booting you out at the end.

...but it got patched out...
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    What would be the purpose of a feature that allows one person in a 5-man dungeon run to kick the four other people with no restrictions or consequence, no group vote being cast? If one person has randomly been designated the party leader, that person can just kick every one else in the group once the final boss dies?

Are the people programming this tragedy of a game the stupidest people on earth?

This action is not the first time some of us have heard of or dealt with it. How is this misuse of an idiotic system allowed to continue? Blizzard implemented a party kick system that requires a majority vote several years ago. How can the programmers at PWE not be capable of the same? Why is Neverwinter, a game of such potential, with an amazing Foundry system and combat system, such a half-assed, half-finished, frustrating piece of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> as a whole?

PWE values ninjas and gold-farmers far more than legitimate players, as PWE has proven in their action and inactions time and time and time and time again.
  • Options
    natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wolfrat14 wrote: »
    What would be the purpose of a feature that allows one person in a 5-man dungeon run to kick the four other people with no restrictions or consequence, no group vote being cast? If one person has randomly been designated the party leader, that person can just kick every one else in the group once the final boss dies?

Are the people programming this tragedy of a game the stupidest people on earth?

This action is not the first time some of us have heard of or dealt with it. How is this misuse of an idiotic system allowed to continue? Blizzard implemented a party kick system that requires a majority vote several years ago. How can the programmers at PWE not be capable of the same? Why is Neverwinter, a game of such potential, with an amazing Foundry system and combat system, such a half-assed, half-finished, frustrating piece of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> as a whole?

PWE values ninjas and gold-farmers far more than legitimate players, as PWE has proven in their action and inactions time and time and time and time again.

100% agree
    ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3 mobo, Intel i7 2600k, 32gb DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws, 500gb SSD, 2TB HDD, Geforce GTX 690 x2 Sli, 1200 watt Thermaltake modular PS, Thermaltake gaming tower.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wolfrat14 wrote: »

It occurred to me that maybe Cryptic is actually trying to kill this game, without making it (totally) obvious to PWE or Hasbro. I can't think why but it would explain things...
  • Options
    nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don’t think the developers are stupid. I think they are distracted and paying very little attention to the game or its players. I can’t say what they are doing but it is clearly not anything related to this game.

Not only does the current system protect the loot farmers but you are prohibited from sharing their names. If you try to do so on the forums, you run afoul of the mods. Try to do so in the game and the ever-reliable populace will chat ban you for saying something non-meme related.

So there is currently no way to protect yourself from malicious group leaders and no way to protect others from them either. There is no repercussion for this behavior and nothing but reward for the culprit once it is done.

Indeed, the only way that we could have possibly saved ourselves was just a relic from development code and removed as a matter of course.

I understand that bad people require the ban on naming in the forums, but does that not make it seem like they are running the show entirely? The farmer holds the forums hostage because they will misuse it if naming were allowed. They hold the players hostage because they hold sole ability to kick other players. They hold the market hostage because they get group loot all to themselves and the devs have made them even more powerful in their fitful slumber.

So is there anything that can be done? Is there anyone who can exert some control here besides the bad guys? Can the devs be awoken for long enough to institute a system akin to the same system that handles this problem in every other mmo that has come before now?
  • Options
    dexymandexyman Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    It occurred to me that maybe Cryptic is actually trying to kill this game, without making it (totally) obvious to PWE or Hasbro. I can't think why but it would explain things...

yeah of course that must be it^^
  • Options
    zolimoszolimos Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They should implement a system that lets you not be able to kick someone from party after a certain time in a Dungeon as me and 3 other people got booted at the end of 1, so 1 guy could get the loot for himself.

This is so unfortunate. My daughter finally reached a decent gear score and we ran her 1st Epic in a PUG. Cleared the final boss and ready to celebrate, then.... POOF. Back in PE. I can't tell you how disappointing this is on so many levels. I'm amazed that there are people this evil. (yes, I said evil) There is very little to gain from this act, just the perverted enjoyment they must take in preventing you from getting your chest rewards. Then there is the incredibly ridiculous mechanism that allows this behavior. Why would any randomly selected person have any control over the other four. There is absolutely no reason for this mechanism to exist. Please remove it post-haste.

A dedicated player and father
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »

I chalk it up to ignorance instead of intentional harm. After all PWE owns them. Yes, Cryptic is the developer, but PWE could waltz in and fire anyone from executives to programming monkeys if they so desired.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    zolimos wrote: »
    This is so unfortunate. My daughter finally reached a decent gear score and we ran her 1st Epic in a PUG. Cleared the final boss and ready to celebrate, then.... POOF. Back in PE. I can't tell you how disappointing this is on so many levels. I'm amazed that there are people this evil. (yes, I said evil) There is very little to gain from this act, just the perverted enjoyment they must take in preventing you from getting your chest rewards. Then there is the incredibly ridiculous mechanism that allows this behavior. Why would any randomly selected person have any control over the other four. There is absolutely no reason for this mechanism to exist. Please remove it post-haste.

As a father of a 2-year-old boy, with whom I hope to have much AD&D and videogaming fun in the future, I apologize on behalf of your fellow gamers for this experience.

Do not expect PWE to do anything to fix this situation. PWE is comprised of greedy, money-grubbing, unresponsive swindlers. I implore you not to spend any real-life money on this travesty of a half-finished game, which, for some unknown reason, is clearly designed to benefit ninjas and gold-farmers and to cheat legitimate gamers.

Honestly, I played WoW for almost 8 years, and I would have no qualms introducing my son to that game. There are lots of family-friendly guilds and there are functioning measures in place for preventing people from doing such blatant acts of virtual-item thievery as you describe above.

You also may look into some future titles, such as Wildstar and Elder Scrolls Online, for which many of us long-time MMORPG players are holding out hope.
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zolimos wrote: »
    Why would any randomly selected person have any control over the other four. There is absolutely no reason for this mechanism to exist. Please remove it post-haste.

Agreed.

Neverwinter makes PUGing a gamble in the dark. Our gaming community that has a guild in Neverwinter does our own runs instead.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD