test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gold farming locations

forsakenlich1forsakenlich1 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
early runs of t2 dungeons especially with pugs need a lot of kits/potions

i am finding myself broke with no way to recover the gold

what are other 60s doing for gold?
Post edited by forsakenlich1 on

Comments

• groborthirgroborthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    I'm not quite sure how it works at 60, but wouldn't going to a high level zone and just farm mobs help? You get coin drops, you get loot most of the time, and just sell the stuff you get? What about skirmishes?

I myself am a bit worried about getting hold of coin as I imagine you go through a lot of potions and injury kits at 60.
    "Bring me my Bow of burning gold;
    Bring me my Arrows of desire:
    Bring me my Spear: O clouds unfold!
    Bring me my Chariot of fire!"
  • ignis777ignis777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I am a long way from 60, but in most games the best way to get gold is to farm the tier below the current tier. Again, those who are 60 may know specifically where to go for the highest amount of gold per hour, but until someone answers you, then you can just farm content that is easy for you.
  • streethawkestreethawke Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gold... gold is.... well... party more, so you heal less. That is all I can say. I never had a problem with obtaining gold, I just bought kits. No heals though, didn't go through them that fast.
    b_ro.png
    When you want to break the mold

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • deahamletdeahamlet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You didn't win any of the loot rolls?!

Farm Hotenow and the Whispering Caves mobs. Sell all drops for gold. You have to waste scrolls on that though which means AD.

Or do Cloak Tower and Cragmire.
  • ergdoelloosergdoelloos Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'm not a level 60, but what about doing foundry missions with loads of ogres? at my level 30 ish character they drop aroudn 3.3s each kill and have a good chance for greens.
  • xaazxxaazx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Foundry quest gauntlet. 50 ogres. Kill/loot/sell - You will also get plenty of potions.
  • deahamletdeahamlet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    xaazx wrote: »
    Foundry quest gauntlet. 50 ogres. Kill/loot/sell - You will also get plenty of potions.

Discovered that quest yesterday, it's awesome.
    Monsterfest is a fun alternative, but you're fighting a TON of mobs there. The gauntlet is better.
  • xaazxxaazx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, the gauntlet is perfect for potions and cash. It gets a little boring if you are there too long, but it serves it purpose.

You can also do Training with the Summoners 2.4 (I think - I have it subscribed) It's a little shorter with it broken down into 4 waves of 5 Ogres. This one's great for doing the daily since you need to do 4 and the Gauntlet would be pretty long to do 4 times.
  • forsakenlich1forsakenlich1 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i cant find either of these quests
  • chanelcorechanelcore Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i cant find either of these quests

I also can't find these questions on the job board. Any help?
  • pw3ckapw3cka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Good suggestions with the orge quest, I will try myself..

You can also play PVP, buy the PVP potions for Glory and sell them for gold.. It takes some time but you can make a lot of gold this way also.
  • loomyzaloomyza Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I find it easier to generate AD, through buying/selling and playing Auction house in general. I then buy enchanted keys with my ad, and sell them for gold in zone chat.
  • llewelyn89llewelyn89 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Level leadership (and a couple of others to open up those slots) - there are a some tasks with 50-80 silver each run, do them a few times a day in multiple slots & you can well cover T2 pot addiction.
  • chimeran1chimeran1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's weird, I am level 60 and I've only ever spent 5 gold to buy a horse. It seems astral,diamonds are what's needed by me all the time for auction gear... Lol being able to purchase a full set of T2 cleric armor.... Now what to do?
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Grab some lifesteal gear and start whacking lower level mobs that still drop decent loot for your level to sell to npc vendors.

Leadership helps a bit too.
  • seantierseantier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    loomyza wrote: »
    I find it easier to generate AD, through buying/selling and playing Auction house in general. I then buy enchanted keys with my ad, and sell them for gold in zone chat.

How much gold does the keys go for?
  • thesipeliusthesipelius Member Posts: 95
    edited July 2013
    seantier wrote: »
    How much gold does the keys go for?
    Usually I see people selling them for 30g in the chat. I've been wondering if I should give it a try too because I'm desperately running out of gold all the time even if I sell the green items.