test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can I have a Privacy? Inspect Option

xermellxermell Member Posts: 56
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hello, one thing i would like to suggest is that we should have an option to allow other players to inspect us or not. Its just a thing to hide your current build, stats, and items and to prevent everyone from copying and having all the same build.
There's three ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way and the way that I do it.
Post edited by xermell on

Comments

• jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Why privacy? It's pride if someone look at your gear, mean that you are a great player
  • xermellxermell Member Posts: 56
    edited July 2013
    jacksoon wrote: »
    Why privacy? It's pride if someone look at your gear, mean that you are a great player

Well it could be, but would it be good if people just wondered what your build is after you owned them?

And they may not be able to copy one's own build especially in this game that our build is dependent on our gears. Just an idea because this is just my first game that let people see other people stuffs directly. Just an option to enable and disable inspect.
    There's three ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way and the way that I do it.
  • nasafurenasafure Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No Matter what you do you can not hid what gear you have on. There are many websites that tell you what gear a player is wearing.
    Parting is all we know of heaven, And all we need of hell.
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    xermell wrote: »
    Hello, one thing i would like to suggest is that we should have an option to allow other players to inspect us or not. Its just a thing to hide your current build, stats, and items and to prevent everyone from copying and having all the same build.

While i fully understand and in the very same boat as you. As I hate it when people try to copy my character's build and such.

There just would'nt be any way of that happening really. I've learned to accept that long long ago.
  • damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    xermell wrote: »
    Well it could be, but would it be good if people just wondered what your build is after you owned them?

And they may not be able to copy one's own build especially in this game that our build is dependent on our gears. Just an idea because this is just my first game that let people see other people stuffs directly. Just an option to enable and disable inspect.

They can copy your gear but your feats are still hidden. It's the feats that makes your build.