test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lair of the T965,095 Mad Dragon

freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok this Dragon is a good fight. It takes a full party who knows what the F they are doing.. But I have ran this in DD and out of DD and gotten a blue item three times! This is harder than T2's!!!! Almost all of them. There is no need for this dungeon to be this hard, absolutely none. I mean so what, leave it hard, but don't jip us on the loot! Blue <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>?

I know I sound salty.. Very salty.. But seriously. Ask any guild, there is a reason no one does this Dungeon. HUGE risk, for almost zero reward.

Please, please please adjust the loot.

Thank you. And yes, I play a GF lol.. *cries about wanting Stalwarts*
Post edited by freshour on

Comments

• Options
    jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    AT least you can sell the overpriced stalwart helm for a ridiculous amount. Try being another class. I wouldn't complain much. It would take me 25 or so runs, always getting a set helm for another class, to make the same amount you do. That's NOT including the bad drop runs. I've gotten a purple belt of undeath or whatever from the last boss, then a blue one of the same from the dd chest. The risk isn't huge at all. It's easy, and one stalwart drop for you pays off in a huge way.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • Options
    teezy604teezy604 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Someone crying about mad dragon being too hard and then goes on to say it's harder than most T2. I don't even know where to start! Even after they nerf it's hp, you're still crying about it! The whole game is easy, it's just filled with bad players like you because it's F2P.

And to conclude my post. The game is easy, the dragon fight is boring like every single other boss fight, you need to throw more money at the monitor because you can't beat a game that only gives you 7 buttons to press.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Lol? Mad dragon has been dumbed down recently. I've 3-manned the boss last time i played it, and none of the players were awesome veterans. Both of them had a new lvl 60 char. But you need a strat, and not just "kill adds then boss" or "zerg the boss ignore adds". This doesn't work anymore, it's not cloak tower. :)

By the way, most T2s are harder.
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, after the dungeon fixing patch... The stalwart helms dropped from 800k to less than 500, the Timeless hero one from 1m to 450k too, as more and more players stopped doing "fast runs" they started doing the SP and MD runs and helms will drop to the same price than other stuff, fact is there is less and less incentive to do dungeons anymore.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I think everyone is missing the much bigger issue.

Karrundax needs to be buffed!
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    why? its not like the red dragon is so easy now that is 3 man-able... lol.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    why? its not like the red dragon is so easy now that is 3 man-able... lol.

Probably 2 mannable at this point, just haven't been that bored yet.
  • Options
    toughguyloltoughguylol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How to 3 man mad dragon

Avoid Red circles
    Tank holds on Magus's and Dragon
    DPS hits boss and adds when adds spawn
    Cleric does whatever clerics do
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I'm well over 12k GS for for my GF. He's fine. Mad Dragon is harder than Karrundax and SP. AKA harder than T2's. I'm sure most of the guys saying I need to learn how to play either exploited the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> outta T2's by skipping everything they can and farming the hell out of the game so they now have millions of AD and blah blah blah. Not everyone has rank 7's, 2 T2 rogue weps, and maxed out armor/wep enchants.. So stop thinking like that.

We all don't cheap shop the developers of maps and abuse game mechanics to skip fights. Why do you think they nerfed all the loot.. Because of guys like you..

Point being, I got blue items off a very hard T1 Dungeon. Hands down harder than SP which I also go a blue item.. It is t2 how in the balls so I get a blue item of the final boss?
  • Options
    mytgroomytgroo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I have been trying to finish the set of Stalwart Bulwark's Helm. The Lair of the Mad Dragon is the way to finish the set. The final Tier 1 Helm. The dungeon is very hard. What happens is that there are two breaking points before reaching the dragon. Then there is the Mad Dragon which for the most part most people do not finish. Most parties don't make it to the dragon. If I can finish it, I can get the four piece set.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    mytgroo wrote: »
    I have been trying to finish the set of Stalwart Bulwark's Helm. The Lair of the Mad Dragon is the way to finish the set. The final Tier 1 Helm. The dungeon is very hard. What happens is that there are two breaking points before reaching the dragon. Then there is the Mad Dragon which for the most part most people do not finish. Most parties don't make it to the dragon. If I can finish it, I can get the four piece set.

If you can finish it, you have an inscrutably tiny chance at completing the 4pc. :(
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    Probably 2 mannable at this point, just haven't been that bored yet.

I have seen a video of a GF and a cleric beating the Mad Dragon , the GF was Wolf no idea who the DC was , let me see if I can find it.

Nvm it was the regular mad dragon - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbi1Wgd1EMI

I'd still love to see the epic version 2 manned..
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    I have seen a video of a GF and a cleric beating the Mad Dragon , the GF was Wolf no idea who the DC was , let me see if I can find it.

Nvm it was the regular mad dragon - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbi1Wgd1EMI

Meh, I three manned the non-Epic version in a PUG, so you would hope that really good players with decent gear could two man it.

EDIT: Actually with the number of adds it could actually be rather challenging.....
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yeah the Epic Version is really doable if you have 1 CW, 1GF, 2 TR, and a cleric. The main rogue dodges AOE and deal the damage, when the adds are killed you get a few seconds to spike the boss with damage from the wiz/cleric/and other rogue. Then you go back. The two hard parts are at 75% and around 25-30 when Erinyes and Legion Devils spawn. The tank just has to keep them in the retardedly nerfed Astral Shield (thanks pvp whiners) and the rogue cuts them down one at a time.

Took a few goes to get it right, but we can do it fairly regularly now. I wouldn't say any group or any random group especially could do it unless they paid 200 bucks for gear/enchants or they exploited the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of the T2 dungeons (most do) for the T2 rogue/cw/cleric gear. I just love hearing the guys who have max end game gear talk trash to up and coming players. At one point, they were the up and coming and probably struggled too. But hey, there are a lot of virtual bad asses on this game. My advice would be to find a good non ****** guild (for ****** guild ask the guys that posted on first page).

But seriously, no way should we be finding blue gear on this boss. It is easily as hard as the T2 bosses I have fought. Minus the spider and CN final boss. I like that there is a bottleneck for the T1 sets, but throw us a bone here, please!
  • Options
    zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    MD boss takes < 5 min to kill now and I have gotten a **** ton of Stalwart helms. MD is the reason I am rich.
  • Options
    possum440possum440 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Where is the happy Administrator that cut and pastes the message on every thread like this "Continue with your feedback!! We are always looking for ways to improve the game experience!!!!!!!!!!!"

Aww, I miss that person.
    There is no worse feeling in the world than the moment during an argument you realize you are wrong.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Please explain your five min tactic lol? I tried a new one with me the GF holding aggro on the main guy, 2 rogues and cw and dc on the adds then they spike the dragon between fights. That was quick but not five minutes lol.. I feel like 5 mins isn't enough time to kill the adds so you'd have two groups of Erinyes and Legions on you by the time you finish, but hey, that is awesome!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    freshour wrote: »
    Please explain your five min tactic lol? I tried a new one with me the GF holding aggro on the main guy, 2 rogues and cw and dc on the adds then they spike the dragon between fights. That was quick but not five minutes lol.. I feel like 5 mins isn't enough time to kill the adds so you'd have two groups of Erinyes and Legions on you by the time you finish, but hey, that is awesome!

As long as the imps die you don't actually have to kill any of the other adds.