test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWF Sentinel PVP Spec

ogchadogchad Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right area or not, my apologies if I'm not.

Could someone please post me a link to the basic 10/0/21 sentinel pvp build for GWF, i have been looking all over to try and find this build but have been unable to find it.

I'm fairly new to the game and would greatly appreciate it if someone could take some time out of there day to post me a link to this so i can try it out, much appreciated and thank you very much.
Post edited by ogchad on

Comments

• burninnateburninnate Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2013
    Ive been looking for some Sent guides as well.
  • proqludumproqludum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited July 2013
    It's pretty straightforward, avoid the +threat stuff and invest in survivability.
  • zjesminzzjesminz Member Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    You can build anyhow you like to suit your own play styles. There're no the best builts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Gurdadins are really over powered, thankfully for that. You almost cannot go wrong in whatever you decide to pick
  • modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Don't go for that fotm build tbh, i've tried it with full enchants and everything. Only thing it's good for is taking out clueless pugs. The gear is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> expensive. You can expect to spend a couple milion AD's for it. For what, being unkilleble against pugs that doesn't know to just aviod you. If you want to be more durable in pvp go for 0/10/21 build instead. And aim for crit and armourpen. You will tear both GF's and fotm GWF down. They will hardly mitigrate any of you dmg. Even in unstoppble you hit em for 800-900 withSure Strike. And drop Battlestrike, this abillty is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> easy to dodge, and they need to get a full chain of Takedown and Flurry to even land it. They can easly be CC'd durning this time. Get the Charge instead. This makes it really hard for any melee to land a hit on you and it makes killing Clerics and CW's easy as cake.
  • smertrios1smertrios1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You kinda can just pick whatever spec you like. They all of minor difference sacrificing slightly in one area to gain a slight advantage in the other. It really just depending on play style. There's no "cookie-cutter" build. Anyone who says a certain build is the best, just thinks his is superior cause he's doing well with it.
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No, you don't NEED Takedown AND Flourish to land IBS. If you don't even understand why people use both then please stop giving others advice.
  • smertrios1smertrios1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't even have Flourish on my bar when I pvp and I do just fine.
    edited July 2013
  • asashiroasashiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's pretty simple to -> Takedown, WMS, IBS, Restoring and land all of them before they've finished standing up.
  • szandmanszandman Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Without the Greater Tenebrous can this build function?

I have full Avatar now (full Heroic too if I wanted it) and a Castle sword/knot with GPF on the sword. I am an instigator build - great for PVE but I HATE IT in PVP. I was wanting to respect to a build that could function well in both. I looked up Greater Tenebrous on the AH and they are going for 2 million each. I don't see any way I could fund that. Can this build work without them? Is it required to go vigilant/titan over Avatar?
    edited July 2013
    szandman wrote: »
    Without the Greater Tenebrous can this build function?

I have full Avatar now (full Heroic too if I wanted it) and a Castle sword/knot with GPF on the sword. I am an instigator build - great for PVE but I HATE IT in PVP. I was wanting to respect to a build that could function well in both. I looked up Greater Tenebrous on the AH and they are going for 2 million each. I don't see any way I could fund that. Can this build work without them? Is it required to go vigilant/titan over Avatar?

You can make it without Tenebrous. If you put Radiant enchantments, rank 7 instead, you will have more stable power in every hit. In longer period you will make more damage than Tenebrous. Please try Valiant Duelist's helm and armor + Avatar of War arms and feets. And for stats: Str and Dex. For feats, choose Great Weapon Focus instead of Stunning Flourish as you have high defense, so the fight is gonna be long, you don't need flourish, you can use IBS, Takedown and Restoring Strike for your encounter powers. Don't need to stun-lock the enemy with flourish if you always sprint around. That's the perfect solution. Now, both PVE and PVP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • szandmanszandman Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You are the best! Thank you for the quick reply - I will try it out!
    edited July 2013
    szandman wrote: »
    You are the best! Thank you for the quick reply - I will try it out!

Thank you. I edited my previous comment for both PVE and PVP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]