test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hacked

vahlariel3vahlariel3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I posted some hours ago a thread about me getting hacked a couple of hours after i bought the founters pack.. And i didnt get any help from a gm but they also closed my thread after posting this:

. . . . My apologies, but we cannot offer Forum Support for Account & Billing Issues. You will need to communicate with Support or keep communicating with them.

Originally Posted by zebular
Security Advisory Notice!

. . . . .There are some unscupulous user(s) PMing folks claiming to be the "spam report" feature. We will NEVER send automated PMs to users. PMs will always come from acknowledged Staff and will NEVER ask for your password. Forum violation warnings will always come from either a Community Moderator, Forum Moderator, or Community Manager. In-Game Violations will never be notified to you by Forum PM, they will only be sent to your registered email address, phone number, or home address (the latter two will most likely never be used though).

. . . . .Never enter your password or user id at any other sites other than perfectworld.com (PERFECTWORLD.COM) or gateway.playneverwinter.com (GATEWAY.PLAYNEVERWINTER.COM) - always check the spelling as there is a fraudulent site out there that when written it will look legit yet there is one letter that is not correct in the fraudulent web address. Never click links in suspicious looking emails or PMs!

. . . . .Please report all legal violations immediately. For forum violations, contact a Moderator (PM or use Post Report), for in-Game use the GM Page (H by default or the ? icon on your menu bar) and for all other forms of legal violations, contact customerservice@perfectworld.com

NO ONE AT PWE/CRYPTIC WILL EVER ASK FOR YOUR PASSWORD!
IF PWE NEEDS TO ACCESS YOUR ACCOUNT, THEY DO NOT NEED A PASSWORD!

Account Guard

. . . . . If you haven't done so yet, please go to Cryptic's Games Main Menu at https://secure.crypticstudios.com and enable Account Guard. This will give an added layer of Security to your Account, making you have to verify by email before a new computer, device, browser, or game accesses your Account, Billing Information, or Account Main Menu (the link above).

Account Stolen?

. . . . . Have you lost access to your account? Please see the support articles:
Keeping your account secure and safe

So to begin with you tell me to communicate with your teck support... realy?????? How stupid of me that i didnt come to my mind like 1st!!!! It was the 1st thing i did...

there is someone pming ppl that he is the spam filter and he is still playing the game??? Realy???
Someone you know is scamming your customers and he is not getting instaban?!?!?

Also i realy like to tell my account details at zone chat as you claim.. also i like to /yell my email and its password.. And dont forget my credit card i realy like pming ppl with that... Realy like who would even tell his details to a stranger .. even if a gm of cryptic, a valid one asked me my accounts password i wouldnt give it to him..

And at last.. hmmmm account guard.. I have that on from day 1!! Did it help me not getting hacked? NO!
So instead of creating patches about fixxing a keyboard issue that i realy doubt that someone actualy faced, you could keep our accounts secure for a change and fix some of the million bugs that are killing this game..

And also why did you lock my previous thread!? Is that a nice way to treat your customers?
If my issue gets resolved then close my thread.. i could even close it by my self.. Is my issue solved? Are my items back? N O ! Dont close my thread then..
Post edited by vahlariel3 on

Comments

• Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    you either werent hacked or they also hacked your email account
  • Options
    nexdinenexdine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is not the place to bring it up, either way. These are the user forums. You need to contact the actual bona-fide support for help, the way their message clearly states.

Besides, if your entire computer is hacked and under someone else's control, you may have far bigger issues than issues with the game.

EIther way, none of the other users reading the forum care about your problem. Customer support, however, is paid to care, and you should be talking to them instead of spamming this on the user forums. It's not like the users here can help you get un-hacked.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »
    you either werent hacked or they also hacked your email account

No i am hacked.. all my items are missing.. My computer is scaned and clean from everything and thats the 1st time in my 10 year online gaming happening.. So i dont think that its from my end... I want my items back or my money simple as that
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    nexdine wrote: »
    This is not the place to bring it up, either way. These are the user forums. You need to contact the actual bona-fide support for help, the way their message clearly states.

Besides, if your entire computer is hacked and under someone else's control, you may have far bigger issues than issues with the game.

EIther way, none of the other users reading the forum care about your problem. Customer support, however, is paid to care, and you should be talking to them instead of spamming this on the user forums. It's not like the users here can help you get un-hacked.

Since its the general chat though i can post.. since their ticketing system is as slow as a turtle.. It ll take weeks to help you for a game bug.. I dont wana know how many months it ll take me to get my items by ticketing in game.. Its realy funny how someone stolen everything from me in 30 minutes but the customer support takes its time.. laying back for a couple of weeks in order to help
  • Options
    pregnablepregnable Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    vahlariel3 wrote: »
    I posted some hours ago a thread about me getting hacked a couple of hours after i bought the founters pack.. And i didnt get any help from a gm but they also closed my thread after posting this:

. . . . My apologies, but we cannot offer Forum Support for Account & Billing Issues. You will need to communicate with Support or keep communicating with them.

Originally Posted by zebular
    Security Advisory Notice!

. . . . .There are some unscupulous user(s) PMing folks claiming to be the "spam report" feature. We will NEVER send automated PMs to users. PMs will always come from acknowledged Staff and will NEVER ask for your password. Forum violation warnings will always come from either a Community Moderator, Forum Moderator, or Community Manager. In-Game Violations will never be notified to you by Forum PM, they will only be sent to your registered email address, phone number, or home address (the latter two will most likely never be used though).

. . . . .Never enter your password or user id at any other sites other than perfectworld.com (PERFECTWORLD.COM) or gateway.playneverwinter.com (GATEWAY.PLAYNEVERWINTER.COM) - always check the spelling as there is a fraudulent site out there that when written it will look legit yet there is one letter that is not correct in the fraudulent web address. Never click links in suspicious looking emails or PMs!

. . . . .Please report all legal violations immediately. For forum violations, contact a Moderator (PM or use Post Report), for in-Game use the GM Page (H by default or the ? icon on your menu bar) and for all other forms of legal violations, contact customerservice@perfectworld.com

NO ONE AT PWE/CRYPTIC WILL EVER ASK FOR YOUR PASSWORD!
    IF PWE NEEDS TO ACCESS YOUR ACCOUNT, THEY DO NOT NEED A PASSWORD!

Account Guard

. . . . . If you haven't done so yet, please go to Cryptic's Games Main Menu at https://secure.crypticstudios.com and enable Account Guard. This will give an added layer of Security to your Account, making you have to verify by email before a new computer, device, browser, or game accesses your Account, Billing Information, or Account Main Menu (the link above).

Account Stolen?

. . . . . Have you lost access to your account? Please see the support articles:
    Keeping your account secure and safe

So to begin with you tell me to communicate with your teck support... realy?????? How stupid of me that i didnt come to my mind like 1st!!!! It was the 1st thing i did...

there is someone pming ppl that he is the spam filter and he is still playing the game??? Realy???
    Someone you know is scamming your customers and he is not getting instaban?!?!?

Also i realy like to tell my account details at zone chat as you claim.. also i like to /yell my email and its password.. And dont forget my credit card i realy like pming ppl with that... Realy like who would even tell his details to a stranger .. even if a gm of cryptic, a valid one asked me my accounts password i wouldnt give it to him..

And at last.. hmmmm account guard.. I have that on from day 1!! Did it help me not getting hacked? NO!
    So instead of creating patches about fixxing a keyboard issue that i realy doubt that someone actualy faced, you could keep our accounts secure for a change and fix some of the million bugs that are killing this game..

And also why did you lock my previous thread!? Is that a nice way to treat your customers?
    If my issue gets resolved then close my thread.. i could even close it by my self.. Is my issue solved? Are my items back? N O ! Dont close my thread then..

TL;DR

This game is not pay2win. Learn2play. Working as intended.
  • Options
    srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    So are you blocked from ur main character?
    Also i read ur other post ur CC info hasnt been compromised so whoever stole from you is someone you know.
  • Options
    raath13raath13 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Re-opening a closed thread is a good way to get banned.

So think positive....getting hacked may be the least of your problems soon.
  • Options
    gorrundgorrund Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nexdine wrote: »

I care quite a bit about this. It happened to me too. No one can help us get un-hacked, but perhaps there is a common element to how the hackers got into our accounts? The user forum seems like a great place to talk about it.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    So if an admin closes a thread about the pvp bots and someone else post a same thread he is getting banned?
    Nice buisness plan...

So i ll get banned??? I have 2 characters striped with no AD no gold no pots and all from my bags sold for coppers so someone else who didnt pay could enjoy my game..

About the pay to win comment listen dude.. i didnt stole those dollars i earned them working in the army.. None and i mean it none must be a smarta** and get happy with other peoples misfits..

I am not blocked from my account i can access it since i changed my password but my characters bank ad gold pots epics and items from the pack are gone!

None exept me knows my account details.. period
    I got hacked the momment i bought the founders pack
    And also my pc is clean.. For freaking sure!
    So with that all in mind i can smell a security leak
    It happened to many companies even to Soe

I am not trying to be a crybaby i like this game but.. i wont sit down like nothing happened
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    So if an admin closes a thread about the pvp bots and someone else post a same thread he is getting banned?
    Nice buisness plan...

So i ll get banned??? I have 2 characters striped with no AD no gold no pots and all from my bags sold for coppers so someone else who didnt pay could enjoy my game..

About the pay to win comment listen dude.. i didnt stole those dollars i earned them working in the army.. None and i mean it none must be a smarta** and get happy with other peoples misfits..

I am not blocked from my account i can access it since i changed my password but my characters bank ad gold pots epics and items from the pack are gone!

None exept me knows my account details.. period
    I got hacked the momment i bought the founders pack
    And also my pc is clean.. For freaking sure!
    So with that all in mind i can smell a security leak
    It happened to many companies even to Soe

I am not trying to be a crybaby i like this game but.. i wont sit down like nothing happened

1) It's true for just about every forum I've seen....if someone starts a thread and it gets closed, then that person decides to ignore what the mod says and reopens the thread, then there's a chance they will get banned. Nothing new here.

2) If noone except you knows your account details then you didn't get hacked, plain and simple.

3) If you did get hacked, then there's a chance that they have your email account, too. This was told to you several times. Have you changed your email/ password?
  • Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    if you really think that you got hacked, then you should change your email password, otherwise youll just be hacked again if (and thats a big if) you get anything back
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Then what can i say? If their solution to my problem is banning me.. I am sorry for trying to get whats right and belongs to me
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Then what can i say? If their solution to my problem is banning me.. I am sorry for trying to get whats right and belongs to me

You need some patience bro. You arent a special snowflake who gets preferential treatment over everyone else. You sent in your ticket, now wait to hear back from them.

Claim to be in the military, but doesnt know hurry up and wait.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

If they banned you, it wouldn't be their solution to your problem...it would be a solution to theirs...players that ignore what they say.

Here's the thing: you claim it just happened to you a few hours ago. Instead of being patient and letting things work themselves out (more advice giving to you that you chose to ignore), you're acting like you're the only person this has happened to.

Other people have been hacked too, yet they are being patient. Why is your account more important then theirs?
  • Options
    xaazxxaazx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Do a chargeback and walk away from this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> company. Laughing at these goons on the forums from work is the only interaction I have with this fiasco any more. More enjoyable than this shallow game.
  • Options
    srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Its just that the M.O of your hacking is what raise flags for me, you got hacked 30 mins after purchase but whoever did it didnt bother to change password, you claim to have access to ur alts and that they are striped of items.
    Also if you bought the pack why dont you have the forum sig, you cant delete that. Maybe if you backtrace your steps you gonna find out who did it, like prior to buying the pack did you ask on general chat about if it was worth it, send pms with someone prior to that etc.
    Like i said the fact that you still have access to your alts is flag enough for me to say is someone you know.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I didnt ignore the admin i made this post to ask why i got my previous thread closed.. I didnt knew you can get banned for posting about a problem.. I am not the only person that this happened to but none said that had the same problem and got help.. just people saying that are still waiting for help.. I never said that my account is more important. I just dont want to wait again for a month till a gm send me a ticket saying that we are closing your ticket in order for it not to get lost in a loop of petition tickets .. That was the solution to a previous problem i had .. i got this answer after 3 weeks! I realy like this game and dont want to get banned from it! Get to my shoes and tell me what would you do if you had 1 mill Ad stolen from you 40gold many epics all your gems founder pack items
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    srazy wrote: »
    Its just that the M.O of your hacking is what raise flags for me, you got hacked 30 mins after purchase but whoever did it didnt bother to change password, you claim to have access to ur alts and that they are striped of items.
    Also if you bought the pack why dont you have the forum sig, you cant delete that. Maybe if you backtrace your steps you gonna find out who did it, like prior to buying the pack did you ask on general chat about if it was worth it, send pms with someone prior to that etc.
    Like i said the fact that you still have access to your alts is flag enough for me to say is someone you know.

My pass was changed.. i reclaimed it loged and saw that i didnt have a penny on me.. I dont know how to put the forum signature on
    I bought the pack got into gauntrym played it till the end of the crypts logged out and after 30 mins i tried to relog and my pass was changed
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I didnt ignore the admin i made this post to ask why i got my previous thread closed.. I didnt knew you can get banned for posting about a problem.. I am not the only person that this happened to but none said that had the same problem and got help.. just people saying that are still waiting for help.. I never said that my account is more important. I just dont want to wait again for a month till a gm send me a ticket saying that we are closing your ticket in order for it not to get lost in a loop of petition tickets .. That was the solution to a previous problem i had .. i got this answer after 3 weeks! I realy like this game and dont want to get banned from it! Get to my shoes and tell me what would you do if you had 1 mill Ad stolen from you 40gold many epics all your gems founder pack items

I have never wished anyone to be banned, but you would know the rules of the forums if you...wait for it...READ THE RULES OF THE FORUMS!
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    annndddd....This is why I won't be spending money anytime soon on this game.

Lack of support. Pure and simple.

I would be mad if it was $20. I can imagine the fury at $200.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    It was the middle pack not the most expensive..

What can i say i hope i ll get help soon
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    All you can do is send in tickets to support until your issue has been resolved , there honestly isn't any point making threads here about it because nobody here can help you , honestly , that's just the facts . Also making new threads with the same topic as one that was locked earlier will get you banned from the forum too , I know it sucks and I really do feel for you , I can't imagine how I'd feel if I logged on to find all my work gone but seriously , you aren't doing yourself any favors making threads here about it .

Anyways , I really hope they get back to you and you get the stuff you lost back .
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thanks m8
    I should then ask a big sorry from the Gm i just got mad..
    And hope for the best for everyone with the same issue
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thread created to continue discussion of a locked topic in violation of ROC. Therefore, this thread is also closed.

Please be aware that creating a thread to continue a locked thread is a violation of RoC. Forum moderators and admins cannot assist with account matters and the poster will be referred to CS in every case.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but the issue must be resolved through the proper channels and not brought to the forums.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.