test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWF Armor

rbauterrbauter Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Militia Barracks
which is better for a GWF. the beserker armor or the bladestorm armor. my current build is the destoyer line. any input would be appreciated. I just recently turned 60
Post edited by rbauter on

Comments

• loverboyusaloverboyusa Member Posts: 61
    edited July 2013
    so your doing tanky GWF with destroyer feats?
    happy days!
  • rbauterrbauter Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I guess. I'm just looking at the stats and the 2 piece bonus of these two sets. Is there a different set I should be looking at?
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rbauter wrote: »
    I guess. I'm just looking at the stats and the 2 piece bonus of these two sets. Is there a different set I should be looking at?
    Well it depends on what ya want to do... Do you want to maximize your offensive potential, or do you want to add defense while sacrificing some offense? Honestly, to me, Destroyer screams for pure offense.
    va8Ru.gif
  • rbauterrbauter Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I just want to put out as much dps and damage as possible. and I know my build might be a bit off but I don't have the ad to spend to redo my feats correclty.
  • loverboyusaloverboyusa Member Posts: 61
    edited July 2013
    Vigilant Warrior and Avatar of War has the best 2/2 piece stats
    happy days!
  • veleriawhitewolfveleriawhitewolf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited July 2013
    Much like with t2 armor I would take both of the t1 sets you mentioned and go 2/2 for both partial bonuses. Small difference but use the BP of the stats crit or recovery that you want more as the bp has the highest overall stat boots. doesnt make a huge difference tho.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Vigilant Warrior and Avatar of War has the best 2/2 piece stats
    I second this motion. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • templarknight91templarknight91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Berserker/Avatar of War and Vigilant/wichever T1 set has a +400 Recovery 2 set bonus. Also some non set pieces are good like Berserk Champion. You want +Crit + Recovery. 4 sets on GWF gear just isn't worth it, maybe 4 piece of Avatar of War but.. I just don't know.
  • therouterninjatherouterninja Member Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    The PvP 4x bonus gives 10% hp over 10 seconds when in unstoppable. Am I crazy for thinking this might be worth more than the stat bonuses from the other T2 sets?

Looking at this from a purely PvP standpoint obviously.
    Beholder MOPP4

60 GF(14.5GS) Cersei
    60 CW(12.4GS) Shadis
    60 TR(12.2GS) Dijkstra
    60 GWF(12.2GS) Winnowill
    45 DC(WIP) Daenerys
  • templarknight91templarknight91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The PvP 4x bonus gives 10% hp over 10 seconds when in unstoppable. Am I crazy for thinking this might be worth more than the stat bonuses from the other T2 sets?

Looking at this from a purely PvP standpoint obviously.

10% of what you're 25k HP? 2.5k Heal... not worth stat loss and the +1 AC, use Restoring Strike
  • therouterninjatherouterninja Member Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    10% of what you're 25k HP? 2.5k Heal... not worth stat loss and the +1 AC, use Restoring Strike

Comparing (vigilant warlord helm, avatar of war scale, avatar of war bracers, vigilant warlord greeves) to get 2x set bonuses to PvP gear.

Set bonus gear: +1337 recovery(11%), +329 deflection(2%), +1 AC.
    PvP gear: +492(3%) armor pen, +10% hp unstoppable.

All other stats are about the same. The difference is really that you get arP with PvP gear, and recovery/deflection with the 2x sets. % in brackets are the rough percentages you gain assuming you have zero of that stat. Not perfect I know, but it helps give a rough idea. I think the arP and deflection/ac bonuses kind of cancel each other out, so it's down to recovery(+11% recharge) vs the unstoppable bonuses.

I still think it's hard to say which is better in PvP. Assuming a a mirror match up for example, you'll be kiting until your abilities are up anyways, so this could easily negate any advantage you'd get with +11% recharge. In PvE it's clear that 2x set bonuses are far superior, but in a PvP match where you're using unstoppable in 2-3 times per encounter with an enemy, I think it will come down to your playstyle.
    Beholder MOPP4

60 GF(14.5GS) Cersei
    60 CW(12.4GS) Shadis
    60 TR(12.2GS) Dijkstra
    60 GWF(12.2GS) Winnowill
    45 DC(WIP) Daenerys
  • fimcontefimconte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    2x Valiant Duelist, 2x Avatar of War imho.
    Fans Glory to the Gladiators,
    Gods Glory to the Heroes.

TR:Anirul Corrino@Fimconte
    GF:Irulan Corrino@Fimconte
    edited July 2013
    Comparing (vigilant warlord helm, avatar of war scale, avatar of war bracers, vigilant warlord greeves) to get 2x set bonuses to PvP gear.

Set bonus gear: +1337 recovery(11%), +329 deflection(2%), +1 AC.
    PvP gear: +492(3%) armor pen, +10% hp unstoppable.

All other stats are about the same. The difference is really that you get arP with PvP gear, and recovery/deflection with the 2x sets. % in brackets are the rough percentages you gain assuming you have zero of that stat. Not perfect I know, but it helps give a rough idea. I think the arP and deflection/ac bonuses kind of cancel each other out, so it's down to recovery(+11% recharge) vs the unstoppable bonuses.

I still think it's hard to say which is better in PvP. Assuming a a mirror match up for example, you'll be kiting until your abilities are up anyways, so this could easily negate any advantage you'd get with +11% recharge. In PvE it's clear that 2x set bonuses are far superior, but in a PvP match where you're using unstoppable in 2-3 times per encounter with an enemy, I think it will come down to your playstyle.

When you put it like that yea it COULD be useful, but then again what if it has a CD proc? the tool tips are never 100% accurate
    and I've never bothered trying this. I can crit a Restoring Strike for around 5-11k+ it's a BIG heal with only 9s CD.