test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why?

shadowmystryshadowmystry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Why are people so worried about balance, ratings and gs when it comes to level 60 pvp?

1 - The gear is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and worth very little on AH

2 - The pet is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and worth very little on AH

3 - 1 map with 2 skins

4 - With the AD you earned getting to 60 you have enough to buy a set of purples and socket them with enchants you picked up and fused. Insta geared for epic dungeons.

Why do people even bother with it? I would really like to know.
Post edited by shadowmystry on

Comments

• Options
    toughguyloltoughguylol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There are players that live for PVP and find PVE very boring, but I dont know why you would come to this game if you were looking for dedicated PvP
  • Options
    shadowmystryshadowmystry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There are players that live for PVP and find PVE very boring, but I dont know why you would come to this game if you were looking for dedicated PvP

Well that's it... why worry about pvp at 60 in this game? If you are a pvp fan go some where else... ya pve is a bit dry here as well but its new and that's a whole bunch of other "why" questions.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Also, because some people like to PVP while waiting for anything else to happen. Its not very fun get WTFowned. That being said, I hate "balance" patches for PVP because they always **** up the rest of the game.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Gauntlgrym PvP gear is fairly expensive in the AH, and I'm not sure what pet you're referring to. Would you please clarify?
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    The Gauntlgrym PvP gear is fairly expensive in the AH, and I'm not sure what pet you're referring to. Would you please clarify?

This post is mainly aimed at regular pvp... but the pet is jagged dancing blade I think.

GG pvp isn't pvp at all... everyone run in a big circle and whoever is faster wins! LOL
    Loot is ok though.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »

He's talking about the dagger bought with glory. Some people also collect so getting that pet is an attainable goal.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    GG pvp should have had no points or pillars or w/e u call them...

20v20... once u die ur out (sidelined) and team with last person standing wins in a smaller area. That would be pvp!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    This what they need to do to make PvP viable in game.

1 - rank... start at 50, gain 1 for a win and lose 1 for a lose and match within 5 points
    2 - pillars only add points if someone is standing there (everyone tags and runs away and it does nothing)
    3 - lose 25% of all stats except def. when u enter PvP and add those lost stats to def. (wow no more rogue insta kills)
    4 - no queue... must form team and team must stay the same... players may be in multiple teams... If you join a team that has already been running that team gets set back to rating of 50.
    5 - teams may only include 5 ppl... no 6th spot for carries.

New currency for rewards... much slower - can be about 500 for a win and 100 for lose

1 - bags 12 slot - 25,000 and must be rank 50
    2 - pets - epic ones (good ones) 50,000 and must be rank 60
    3 - mounts - epic ones, 100,000 and must be rank 70
    4 - gear = to current top pve tier
    5 - titles for reaching higher ranks

Please game devs... feel free to use this as a base model.
  • Options
    kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

3 - lose 25% of all stats except def. when u enter PvP and add those lost stats to def. (wow no more rogue insta kills)

Why is everyone so concerned with lowering damage in PVP so rogues dont do so much.

Have you ever tried to track down a CW as a melee when they dodge away all the time and lock you in place, then ice knife you to death - why can't we also reduce the dodges for each player?

Have you ever tried to take down a GWF with unstoppable? It's an absolute nightmare when you dmg hardly changes the hp bar, then they knock you down and kill you - why can't we reduce def / hps for each player?

lowering damage in PVP is unfair when you have some classes that absolutely rely on it, and some that don't. I'm all for reducing things to keep the game more playable, but the reduction has to impact everyone in the same way, otherwise its just a hidden nerf.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The reason they should lower dps stats and raise def. in PvP (only) is that no one should be able to one shot or even 2 shot anyone else.

There is no reason why it shouldn't take 30 - 40 seconds to kill someone. I went in today on my cleric.... lol my daily did 75% of their health or just one shot undergeared... it wasn't even fun. I've played as GWF and DC at 60. All they need to do is what I said... reduce dmg and up def.. This means ppl will have to work together as a TEAM to kill ppl in PROPER orders (strat). PvP should take more strat and less here comes my daily and ur dead. Maybe they should just disable dailies in PvP... don't know but it's too easy and a complete waste of time as it is atm.

A lot of games miss this... there is no epic in pvp. Ooh I have my big move so I win... Ooh you have ur big move soo you win. PvP should take very quick reaction times and proper strats... not boosting points till next one shot and running in circles without fighting and capping points. I'll just keep going in and one shotting ppl with friends until more ppl understand and this gets changed... enjoy ur death while I smoke, watch TV and STILL one shot you with a cleric BAHAHAHA.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This post is mainly aimed at regular pvp... but the pet is jagged dancing blade I think.
    xelliz wrote: »
    He's talking about the dagger bought with glory. Some people also collect so getting that pet is an attainable goal.

Ah, thank you both for clarifying. I thought I had missed a new Gauntlgrym pet. Hasn't the jagged dancing blade been broken since Day One?
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Why are people so worried about balance, ratings and gs when it comes to level 60 pvp?

3 - 1 map with 2 skins

4 - With the AD you earned getting to 60 you have enough to buy a set of purples and socket them with enchants you picked up and fused. Insta geared for epic dungeons.

Insta kicked form good parties in epic dungeons ^
  • Options
    kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    But if you take the idea that fights should take longer - that directly impacts classes who do damage.

What if I take 20-30 seconds to actually reach a CW due to his CC abilities and then I only do 25% dmg to what I do now - doesn't that give CW's a huge advantage?

As I said, if you want to increase def (which in effect reduces damage), then you need to reduce the abilities of other classes, such as dodge / heal / crowd control.
  • Options
    kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

3 - 1 map with 2 skins

People bother with PVP for many reasons, hers'a few examples:

1. Unlike PVE, you aren't fighting scripted AI. Your opponents decisions are much less predictable.
    2. There's a much higher skill ceilling in PVP, particularly with the current end game in NW.
    3. PVP has alot of replayability. People still play the same map from starcraft in MOBA's such as LoL and DOTA. What draws people to PVP is to play new opponents and try to beat them. In a sense you will find the same motivation in PVE, although it quickly dissipates since PVE content doesnt' roll out anywhere near as fast as people queue up for PVP.
    4. The active combat system in NW is awesome for pvp.

and so on.

PVPers generally don't play the game to earn the shinies. The shinies are just the tools that allow them to compete and have fun.
  • Options
    pelomixapelomixa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kevinf08 wrote: »
    People bother with PVP for many reasons, hers'a few examples:

1. Unlike PVE, you aren't fighting scripted AI. Your opponents decisions are much less predictable.
    2. There's a much higher skill ceilling in PVP, particularly with the current end game in NW.
    3. PVP has alot of replayability. People still play the same map from starcraft in MOBA's such as LoL and DOTA. What draws people to PVP is to play new opponents and try to beat them. In a sense you will find the same motivation in PVE, although it quickly dissipates since PVE content doesnt' roll out anywhere near as fast as people queue up for PVP.
    4. The active combat system in NW is awesome for pvp.

and so on.

PVPers generally don't play the game to earn the shinies. The shinies are just the tools that allow them to compete and have fun.

You are running under that assumption that this game has REAL PVP. Camping spawn points, is not REAL PVP, and guess what? They allow it. PVP in Neverwinter really sucks - thus far.