test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Enough already ! Ban the botters in pvp!

dchappycatdchappycat Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
all weekend long, every match has at least 2 botters. I have reported no less than 20 people doing it on Dragon server.
Post edited by dchappycat on

Comments

• Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    pvp is a joke anyways who cares lol
  • Options
    kadaji3kadaji3 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    there are also many bugabusing losers...but like it was already mentioned many times...pvp in neverwinter is a big joke...and like always too many wannabes there, who need to insult others when they manage to kill a single enemy with their healers on their back...pvp community here is also one of the worst, biggest losers here, and always have to act as if theyre worth something in the game, while no one gives them any attention in their life...its one fraktion how stupid can ppl be to be always insulting, especially, when you beat them up? its almost like wow...well, obviously this is not a pvp game, so what to expect...

and then talking about 1on1, the most of the "hard pvpers" would suck anyway...
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    kadaji3 wrote: »
    there are also many bugabusing losers...but like it was already mentioned many times...pvp in neverwinter is a big joke...and like always too many wannabes there, who need to insult others when they manage to kill a single enemy with their healers on their back...pvp community here is also one of the worst, biggest losers here, and always have to act as if theyre worth something in the game, while no one gives them any attention in their life...its one fraktion how stupid can ppl be to be always insulting, especially, when you beat them up? its almost like wow...well, obviously this is not a pvp game, so what to expect...

and then talking about 1on1, the most of the "hard pvpers" would suck anyway...

Welcome to the internet.

However, i find it kind of weird that you give a **** about them. Since you already judged them by saying that they dont' get attention in their real life anyways.
  • Options
    olcsonnolcsonn Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have no idea what any of the other replies have to do with banning bots...
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    You can't ban them.They will keep coming over and over again.
  • Options
    olcsonnolcsonn Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It is one of the problems with F2P games... They do need something to at least punish them though.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    kadaji3kadaji3 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    Welcome to the internet.

However, i find it kind of weird that you give a **** about them. Since you already judged them by saying that they dont' get attention in their real life anyways.

Because i meet these ppl pretty often in this game. And it kills the fun to play, thats why i care here.

I know its nothing new, its the same problem in almost every f2p mmos, but because it is like that i dont want to accept that like i dont have any choice, im just not gonna play it anymore, if the idiots are too stupid to punish them. And it isnt that hard, like they make it sound like, besides there are so many ways to punish them, it isnt hard to do any kind of punishment, even if there are too many.

But i quit the game, also because of the pathetic wow-like pvp community, who are instantly raging around when you only ask something in the pvp zone, just like few days ago a guy named Absinthe(namecalling yes, but such ppl should be called here, since they wont punish anything anyway...and i quit the game anyway), who got really insulting and started calling names for no reason whatsoever, made fun of ppl with downsyndrome, which is really a sad thing to do...well thanks to such ppl, many mmos are just destroyed, especially pvp, which is just meant to have fun together, even as enemies, even when you lose sometimes. But the newer "mmo-generation" only cares to win fast, get their gear fast, being serious like a loser and just not enjoying the game, that goes for pvp and pve...there are too many of these ppl, thats why im still looking for another mmo, where there are more "normal" ppl...until now the best one with the best community(ive experienced so far) is secret world, but im not quite satisfied with the game itself...well, i hope one day something good will come out...

cya somewhere else!
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dchappycat wrote: »
    all weekend long, every match has at least 2 botters. I have reported no less than 20 people doing it on Dragon server.

I bet half of the players you think were botters were legit players.
  • Options
    erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I support the OP. Seems like reporting them doesn't do anything. Just a heads-up btw: It sounds like there's a huge wave of PvP bots coming in since they're all in the ~lvl 40's right now, according to some people that I spoke to who are that level. This is going to be a very big problem when they hit level 60 and nothing is done about bots by that time still.
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As they have in other cryptic games (STO for instance) they need to implement private queues. Even better would be implementing something other than capture and hold, but rather something that throws in something random. PvPers love to talk about how much better they are than the PvE carebears, right? Make finishing a PvP match HARD and make winning it even harder. Make PvPers cry home to mommy every time because random crazy things happen. You stand within 50 feet of the same spot for more than 10 seconds? You get teleported randomly to another part of the map, or maybe paralyzed for 5 seconds, or maybe hit by a giant purple cow from the sky. You don't damage another player for 25 seconds? Suddenly, you start running straight at the closest enemy and you can't stop until he hits you. Pits of spikes or fire randomly open up. Fire and brimstone from the sky, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria! Make PvP matches crazy and hard and, most importantly RANDOM - really random, not just sorta random, or a bit random here and there, but really, have random stuff happen that will make bots very hard to use. You'll never stop it, but you can make them less useful.

Then, take your lessons learned in PvP random craziness and port it into the PvE side. Add unpredictable stuff to the game all over the place so every grind (pvp and pve) becomes an adventure.
  • Options
    dank65dank65 Member Posts: 44
    edited July 2013
    krumple01 wrote: »
    I bet half of the players you think were botters were legit players.

I bet 99% of the players I say are bots are in fact bots it's not that hard to spot except between 20 and 30 after that there like big neon signs they have <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gear usually of the lvl 10 to 15 variety and they never mount and if you want to see how many bots are on at any given time just go to protectors enclave up to where you spawn after you release after death about 80% of them are just standing there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banshee
    Bloodthristy
    Guild - <Lords of The Dead>
    LvL 60 CW-Dragon Server
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    erdokan wrote: »
    I support the OP. Seems like reporting them doesn't do anything. Just a heads-up btw: It sounds like there's a huge wave of PvP bots coming in since they're all in the ~lvl 40's right now, according to some people that I spoke to who are that level. This is going to be a very big problem when they hit level 60 and nothing is done about bots by that time still.

You appear to be worrying about lv 60 pvp being filled with bots; don't. Most of the point for people botting is afk-levelling. There are far more profitable things to do with a lv 60 character than bot PvP :)
  • Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There are no bots in the dungeons and PvP is not worth the time investment / rewards .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • Options
    farcursefarcurse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited July 2013
    There are no bots in the dungeons and PvP is not worth the time investment / rewards .

o.O u seen that exploit that makes tr imune to everything ? perma imposible to catch ? 1 bot can run a dungeon solo with that thing and i am prety sure there must be pt of bot chars runing dungeons
  • Options
    joangruberjoangruber Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Every single match I've played today had _atleast_ one bot. I've reported them, but still those same bots keep on doing what they're doing. Nothing sucks a life out of a PvP match more than bots, not even all the class imbalance bothers me as much. I think it's time to put this game on a shelf for a while and wish that this problem is getting fixed somehow. Don't ask me how, put a freakin' captcha in the beginning of every match, idk.
  • Options
    kiadannahkiadannah Member Posts: 97
    edited July 2013
    things too know:

1. It has already been too long that they have allowed botting, they no longer can stop it. Here is the reason, in the background you have a lot of people that have invested into this game. They have to be given reports on income (which they get their share from etc), games growth and development and more.
    This game has not seen an increase in players over say, the last 15 days.. but it hasn't seen much a decrease either, for the sakes of all the bots. I know well over 100 people on dragon server that have left, between my friends and guilds, and in the guild I am in, and it does not matter, because people using bots have filled the void.
    So what if they suddenly get rid of the bots? they would instantly lose probably over half their entire population on the game. THAT would show horribly to their investors, and something they would need to hide.
    It has gotten so far out of control there is nothing you can do. Eitehr leave the matches, or create a party for pvp pre-made with no bots in it

The solution I had presented would have been a good fix.
    First, in order to do pvp, you had to be in a guild. (yes I know there are guilds that exist that are bot guilds, like on dragon server zion rebels, and divinium).
    Secondly.. players know who are bots and who are not, because they cannot react in an action based pvp environment as a normal person. They also cant respond (except to specific questions, bots cannot get that smart). Players have the ability to speak to their guild leader/s on the individual, and the leaders responsibility (their guild as guild leader) can watch their pvp fight, and see just what they are doing, speak to them, confirm whether or not they are a bot, or just so terrible they need help.

If bot is confirmed they are kicked from guild, and can no longer pvp. At this time, staff (gms, who are still not existant) are the ones to get involved to monitor this person and ban them.

This leaves the power to the people, ability to freely get rid of bots, and never should a bot ever, get past level 15 from botting in pvp, and all accounts doing so should get banned. It also reduces the workload of the bot-gm system that doesn't have real gms' yet to actually do anything, and the developers that cant fix a single bug without breaking it entirely, from breaking something new.

This does not fix the pve botters though, they number more than the leveling pvp botters x.x
    but it is a fix to the pvp botting system.