test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Endgame is mostly PvP, so focus on PvP Cryptic

lwetlwet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
Just another thread begging for more PvP modes and maps; more classes and balancing.

The PvE community has a thing for random drops (e.g. Diablo 3, Path of Exile), which Neverwinter isn't going to have.

So focus on PvP Cryptic! The combat mechanics appeal to PvPers, so why focus on Bosses and Dungeon grind that will never take full advantage of the combat system? The quick leveling to level 60 and readily available competitive gear helps PvP so much, take advantage of this Cryptic.

Neverwinter PvP is mostly skill based, not grind/money based, which also appeals to PvPers.

Don't release any more questing areas, don't release any more grind.
Instead:
- 5v5 Queue/Matchmaking
- Ranking system based on win/loss percentage
- Tweak existing PvP maps so they have more cover/obstacles and less bee-lining.
- Gauntlgrym PvP map playable at any time without having to grind PvE first.
- More maps, more classes
- Balancing
Post edited by lwet on

Comments

• moerevolvermoerevolver Member Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    End game is Greater Tenebrous.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Eww. Just...ewwwwwwww.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • sh4dowrunn3rsh4dowrunn3r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes that module 1 thingy will be beaten by people in 1 day and then everyone will cry again about no end game content - while pvp is persistent content lasts forever. But first they should balance what we already have.
  • osadamaskosadamask Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yuppers, and that is why Im having trouble logging in. Just not seeing the point atm :P
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lwet wrote: »
    Endgame is mostly PvP
    Neverwinter PvP is mostly skill based
    There are only two letters I have for you, but one of them twice.
    Would you like to buy a vowel?
  • hadokendohadokendo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't even..
  • alecstormalecstorm Member Posts: 142 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I doubt, i almost always dominate pvp even with low gear, but still have to do something new in pve. But pvp is poor anyway.
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    osadamask wrote: »
    Yuppers, and that is why Im having trouble logging in. Just not seeing the point atm :P

a PvP rating system would help if players were teamed up with and against only those who were ranked in a bracket close to their own...it would mean for the most part no more bots most of the time as bots would likely rank low and those who aren't decked out would stop being paired against ready made decked out players/teams (players purposely ranking down would happen though)
  • merinfelmerinfel Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    More balance its a hell of a thing when u can get shut down cant do anything and get killed without any hope of inputting a single command, pvp disables should not last as long as they do on players not even close.
  • uriziemuriziem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited June 2013
    agree for more balanced and - pay to win mecchanics
    Uriziel TR lev 60 Gear Rating 12400
    Uriziel GF Gear Rating 14800
    David Grave CW 10500 Gear Rating 6000 recovery(kripparian build)
    Uriziem Monk Completionist 28 past life , DDO player since March 2006 (2006-2009 on Devourer server, 2009-2012 on Cannith server)
    ex officer and founder of Ordo Draconis, DDO Italian Elite Guild, now on NEVERWINTER
    large.png
    picture sharing
  • lwetlwet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I forgot to mention:
    - 5v5 Queue/Matchmaking
    - Ranking system based on win/loss percentage
  • serneralssernerals Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The PvP in this game is awful, no.
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Don't mention the nub word. Tene's please. You are bad if you use them. Period
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I think all death matches should be 10v10. This will fix a lot of problems. This is the only pug PvP you can do. There are no ranking and it is a battle ground for all to come.

There should then be separate actual arena mode. 2v2 - 3v3- 5v5 these are bracketed only and based on ranking. you can't pug these and have to come up with your own team. A name for your team. Team captain etc. Then give out rewards for arena, Titles, Season champions special gear. The list can go on you get the picture.

This pretty much fixes PvP
  • altreloaltrelo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is the first time I've ever heard of endgame being PvP. Although it might be because PvE and PvP players seldom interact. Looking at Zone chat I wouldn't say that PvP is not endgame and in previous games the PvP community is usually much smaller than the PvE community.
  • sh4dowrunn3rsh4dowrunn3r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    altrelo wrote: »
    This is the first time I've ever heard of endgame being PvP. Although it might be because PvE and PvP players seldom interact. Looking at Zone chat I wouldn't say that PvP is not endgame and in previous games the PvP community is usually much smaller than the PvE community.
    So what exactly do you do after you get all the gear you want... run dungeons all day out of pure enjoyment. Or make new char and start over (which isn't end game lol). There is no endgame pve content to do after you have maxed your char....
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So what exactly do you do after you get all the gear you want... run dungeons all day out of pure enjoyment. Or make new char and start over (which isn't end game lol). There is no endgame pve content to do after you have maxed your char....

Well, I reckon your endgame would be getting pre-mades queue for pvp and beat the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of everything all day long.