test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone have points in the stun skill for Flame Strike

wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Temple
I'd love to know how long its animation is and how well it works in PvP, the stun time per point sounds ridiculous but if it has a nice animation I might think about using my respect token I still have to get it.
Post edited by wholyhandgrenade on

Comments

• Options
    skaan1974skaan1974 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    it is ridiculous
    I've decided to put 1 point there just in case.
    From that moment i've used FS like 200 times. never stunned anyone for the amazing time of 0.1 seconds...
    Seriously fix that feat and give him a rel effect at least like:
    0.3 - 0.5 - 1 - 1.5 - 2 seconds
  • Options
    healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Flame strike is a good way to stun.....yourself.
    Animation takes a while yet doesn't has any damage mitigation buff like hammer of justice does.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • Options
    sh4dowrunn3rsh4dowrunn3r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I find it fast and easy to use. About added stun - if it's added to the throw in the air thingy/slam down then it's totally useless. It should be so that anyone that is still in full aoe area when slam down part happens is stunned for 0.5s-2.5s. This would make it easily dodgeable by skilled players and make it worth it when it does hit - and in PVE it gets even more amazing. Feat is then actually worth taking like all feats should be.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    skaan1974 wrote: »
    it is ridiculous
    I've decided to put 1 point there just in case.
    From that moment i've used FS like 200 times. never stunned anyone for the amazing time of 0.1 seconds...
    Seriously fix that feat and give him a rel effect at least like:
    0.3 - 0.5 - 1 - 1.5 - 2 seconds

every other class gets 4 second stuns, clerics, well they get 0.5 seconds if all points are placed in and that is with a 2 second delay
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I find it fast and easy to use. About added stun - if it's added to the throw in the air thingy/slam down then it's totally useless. It should be so that anyone that is still in full aoe area when slam down part happens is stunned for 0.5s-2.5s. This would make it easily dodgeable by skilled players and make it worth it when it does hit - and in PVE it gets even more amazing. Feat is then actually worth taking like all feats should be.

why should it be easily dodgeable (the other classes stuns aren't)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    healhamsta wrote: »
    Flame strike is a good way to stun.....yourself.
    Animation takes a while yet doesn't has any damage mitigation buff like hammer of justice does.

hammer of justice is a real stun to the cleric casting it, you have to hold in place while using it until it makes 4 hits or it stops attacking and quite often if you hold in place you have 1 or 2 characters in PvP hacking you down
  • Options
    sh4dowrunn3rsh4dowrunn3r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    why should it be easily dodgeable (the other classes stuns aren't)
    I just prefer skill based combat instead of 100 % stuns... like TR's single target stun when he jumps into air and you can dodge. It still lands often. Tho I guess other classes (persistent) immunity to control effects already puts dc in great disadvantage.
  • Options
    g0ld3n4c3g0ld3n4c3 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hammer of fate used to give us stun buff after casting it, now it is freaking nerfed to only while casting it...before patch my cleric did slightly good in pvp, but now I am getting perma CC by GWF, GF, CW, TR. yea all those classes I cant face or even have a fight. With my full healer build they still perma CC my DC, because there is no skill to make DC immune for CC effect.

My only idea is to remake the last passive, make it a passive skill that reduce stun time on DC, this is ridiculous that 90% of the fight I am stunned to death.