test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

People dropping in pug dungeons.... how to replace?

jakepigellojakepigello Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
It seems that 1/2 the time I queue and do dungeons that someone either AFKs or they drop at some point leaving the party short. Why doesn't the dungeon queue system replace those players automatically (like some other MMO does) when someone leaves? It is getting to the point that I don't want to waste 30 minutes in a dungeon to have someone leave and not be able to finish it. Am I just over looking something? I can see where you can invite people you know, but don't they have to run to the instance and enter that way instead of just accepting a queue? This is pretty poor design if that is the way it works.
Post edited by jakepigello on

Comments

• veska2veska2 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with this completely. I've literally not been able to beat the last 4 dungeon bosses at the end because I joined a pug, and someone left, or someone complains we have no healer, and leaves. (Sometimes it can be difficult without a healer, but if you have people who know what they're doing, sometimes you can get away with doing the dungeon.) I vote for an auto-grouper system.
  • dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At least the option to invite someone else and have them manually walk in would be better.
  • veska2veska2 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dtrain69 wrote: »
    At least the option to invite someone else and have them manually walk in would be better.
    I vote for that too; I noticed you can't change the type of team you have in a PUG; its automatically 'Closed Team'. You cant change to open, or invite anyone.
  • kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure why you are asking to add the option to invite someone and let them walk in cos pretty sure that is already there.

Have you tried having the new addition relog? There may be a button then at the top of the screen for them to join instance. Have had to do that a couple of times when for some reason the game has not ported me into a dungeon or skirmish as it should.

Would be great to have a way to re-add the group to the lfg queue for the occasions when a group loses a player though.
  • screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Oh man, I was actually going to make a thread on this very thing. Just had a miserable evening of dungeon delving on Grey Wolf. First game I left party to go to town and find a replacement, but party leader couldn't invite me back in and I couldn't find my way to the dungeon entrance (was trying to copy what a party did on Mad Dragon that actually worked). The instance was #27 and was not listed for me to switch to. Then I joined up with one of the members from the first game in queue and we kept failing to load into the instance over and over (and then couldn't even leave party- leader had to kick us) until he switched zones to Protector's Enclave (for some reason). Then more drops, and finally I gave up and called it a night lol.
  • morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know you can manually add players via the My Team window on social. Having group leaders try to add the group back to the queue inside the dungeon doesn't work and the Looking for Team panel is even more buggy and pathetic then existing Cryptic games or other MMOs in general.
  • dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kiralia wrote: »
    Not sure why you are asking to add the option to invite someone and let them walk in cos pretty sure that is already there.

Have you tried having the new addition relog? There may be a button then at the top of the screen for them to join instance. Have had to do that a couple of times when for some reason the game has not ported me into a dungeon or skirmish as it should.

Would be great to have a way to re-add the group to the lfg queue for the occasions when a group loses a player though.

Dunno, I'll check it out.
  • floredonfloredon Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    go out and ask in zone chat. that seems to be working for some at this time.
  • screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    floredon wrote: »
    go out and ask in zone chat. that seems to be working for some at this time.

I tried doing that, but then the party leader couldn't re-invite me. Then I couldn't find the entrance to the dungeon (Grey Wolf). :/

System needs some serious work imo.
  • floredonfloredon Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I tried doing that, but then the party leader couldn't re-invite me. Then I couldn't find the entrance to the dungeon (Grey Wolf). :/

System needs some serious work imo.
    yeah i agree, it's totally inconvenient.
  • lordhordelordhorde Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    Last night I did the epic spider dungeon with a group and it took forever to get to get to the end boss. Well , right when we pulled the last boss myself and another member got disconnected because the game crashed. We were not gone 90 seconds and by the time we got back the remaining party members say the cleric left because we disconnected! We were like WTF! we have been down here over an hour and he just bails like that at the end? We tried inviting replacements and nothing would work so we forfeited the dungeon. What else are you supposed to do in a situation like that?
  • synfoolasynfoola Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This needs to be addressed. It's stupid that we have such a hard time getting willing replacements into these dungeons. Especially with buggy queues like Wolf Den that gives us no healer and 3 rogues.
  • jochrsjochrs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah. Love the game but this is a serious issue and at times can completely make the experience negative. As a fan of this game you really need to fix this because mmorphs currently have a high standard - simple things like group/dungeoun replacements is a direct reflection on the current support of the game. If you can't resolve this fairly quickly then there is no need for anyone to invest time or money into this game going forward. Please Fix.
  • nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Have to agree.
    Not a big group player in many MMOs due to style and content but in this one I like the grouping.
    Pugs do not seem to be as hard to gather and have a fun succesful run better players betttter content not sure but it is more fun here.
    A disconect or someo AFKing needs to have away to bring in a replacement.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    that's one of the most requested feature. Unfortunately it's not available yet.
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Inviting feature has a problem... as it is now, nothing stops party leader to kick everybody before the boss fight and invite friends/guildies to easy loot...

But yup, is a great issue that haunts all of us who pug often...and is way worse in T2s than in T1s... people in t1 seem to be nicer or more patient.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    Lower dungeon tier players are usually the more casual ones... higher tier dungeon runners tend to be power gamers which tend to be more impatient (since they probably already run the dungeon a few hundred times).
  • crystal7jcrystal7j Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dtrain69 wrote: »

Agree but no manual walk in - teleport them to the party's local.

And before anyone comes up with this idea - no party kicking and no party leader kicking. I quit the last game that bully kicked me even tho I was doing my job. I was participating and did nothing wrong. They kicked me right before the boss so they could get the reward for themselves and just to be little shytes (another game not this one).

Kicking is very bad. People get kicked for being a different ethnic or all kinds of terrible things. NO KICKING.
  • boboldbobold Member Posts: 30
    edited June 2013
    I really wish this one would get addressed. I've had too many groups fall apart at the end because someone dropped and there was no good way to get a substitute in... that's a lot of wasted time. Also there is the odd case when the person who has to drop is me - I'm a father to a young child and if she wakes up from her nap or needs my attention for anything I'm gone. I hate feeling guilty about abandoning a group but when real life calls you have to go. I wouldn't feel bad about this if I knew that as I left, the queue system would automatically replace me. If we're worried about party leaders kicking people for the wrong reasons, lets just implement a vote-to-kick system.
  • hann1bal13hann1bal13 Member Posts: 50
    edited June 2013
    It's been a rough day for me. Lots of drops or just people who were not good enough. Had guildies log on during the dungeon that could've helped us complete it after trying for hours, but we were unable to do so.
  • runeknight95runeknight95 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Fix this sht please, another reason youll be getting no $$ for me.
    There are too many trolls that leave to not be able to invite friends or guildies to a dungeon
  • dayicedayice Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So stupid, I was just about to spend money on this game until I realised that if someone leaves PVP or Dungeon its pretty much impossible to find a replacement. What a joke.