test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So wonder I'm not doing well in PvP at the moment as a cleric

wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Temple
I use sunburst and chains of blazing light in PvP. Chains of blazing light I've discovered doesn't always stay upon the ground even for a second sometimes when I cast it, I just casted it in divine power, watched my divine power drop, and it didn't even appear upon the floor. I also used it twice in my last match to watch various opponent classes just walk and run right over it as if it didn't even exist, no stun, no damage, nothing (I left immediately, what is this another nerf against the cleric).
Post edited by wholyhandgrenade on

Comments

• gelatin1gelatin1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's possible that they were using an ability that prevented them from being rooted. For example, from the GWF:

Useable at 50% or more Determination
    With grim resolve you break free from control effects, and steel yourself for the challenge ahead.
    While active, you are immune to control effects, your At-Will attacks are much faster but slightly weaker,you gain 10-20% of your max hit points as temporary hit points based on how much Determination you had, and you resist 25-50% of incoming damage based on how much Determination you had.
    Determination is built by taking damage or killing foes.

Quit complaining that something is broken or was nerfed, nothing changed.
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gelatin1 wrote: »
    It's possible that they were using an ability that prevented them from being rooted. For example, from the GWF:

With grim resolve you break free from control effects, and steel yourself for the challenge ahead.
    While active, you are immune to control effects, your At-Will attacks are much faster but slightly weaker,you gain 10-20% of your max hit points as temporary hit points based on how much Determination you had, and you resist 25-50% of incoming damage based on how much Determination you had.

no, it was impossible, for one thing the cast where I placed it upon the ground without it sticking there was when I wasn't around anyone at all... and secondly they were of various different classes all of which completely ignored it both times cast against them
  • truegrit777truegrit777 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gelatin1 wrote: »

STOP telling people to quit complaining. Alot of people have posts and threads on these forums that do not like the changes to the DC class.

Also plenty of information that players are upset about the classes abilities anyway.
    If you dont agree with there opinions then good for you. On the other side of that coin, you should keep your suckhole shut about the opinion if someone should post something or not.

DC class is BROKE and didnt need a nerf. It NEEDS a buff instead. So theres my opinions and if you dont like it then tough sheets. GET OVER IT AND stfu
  • tapp3rtapp3r Member Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    STOP telling people to quit complaining. Alot of people have posts and threads on these forums that do not like the changes to the DC class.

Also plenty of information that players are upset about the classes abilities anyway.
    If you dont agree with there opinions then good for you. On the other side of that coin, you should keep your suckhole shut about the opinion if someone should post something or not.

DC class is BROKE and didnt need a nerf. It NEEDS a buff instead. So theres my opinions and if you dont like it then tough sheets. GET OVER IT AND stfu

This guys knows what he's talking about. And keep "complaining" guys, protesting is the only way to change things.
  • whyismyplantdyinwhyismyplantdyin Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Uhm...I don't think your problem is with the game mechanics. This is a bug. I have been using chains everywhere just fine, including pvp. I'm not sure if my opponents were just that horrible, but if you place it I don't think they can see it as a red circle because they usually just run straight into it.

Actually, there was a change (or I activated an option without noticing) to flamestrike. It now shows a circle before casting similar to chains. You can see the exact area of effect of the lift so it's much easier to target now for the big damage. It also fixes the issue I had with the flamestrike hitting in a completely different location then where I targetted.
    edited June 2013
    Uhm...I don't think your problem is with the game mechanics. This is a bug. I have been using chains everywhere just fine, including pvp. I'm not sure if my opponents were just that horrible, but if you place it I don't think they can see it as a red circle because they usually just run straight into it.

Actually, there was a change (or I activated an option without noticing) to flamestrike. It now shows a circle before casting similar to chains. You can see the exact area of effect of the lift so it's much easier to target now for the big damage. It also fixes the issue I had with the flamestrike hitting in a completely different location then where I targetted.

they can see them unless they changed it, I do wish they would extend the amount of time it stays around after you cast it if no one steps into it as its a trap and should have ample duration
  • gelatin1gelatin1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    no, it was impossible, for one thing the cast where I placed it upon the ground without it sticking there was when I wasn't around anyone at all... and secondly they were of various different classes all of which completely ignored it both times cast against them

AFAIK every class has a means of ignoring control effects if you spec for it. You might have just had a bad run of going against people with a brain who spec for it. I'm not sure what happened with it not sticking when nobody was around though, that might be a valid bug. Can you reproduce it? I've never had that happen even once on my cleric, and I run chains regularly.

lol that's HILARIOUS! I needed the laugh, thanks. You tell me to stop telling people to quit complaining, then you tell me to stop complaining. Awesome. You're a precious gem.

As to the original point, it stands valid. This isn't something new, and nothing changed. I'll quote the OP for you: "what is this another nerf against the cleric" Nothing changed. No nerf, just other classes using their class abilities. So yeah, I'll keep telling people to not complain about nerfs that didn't happen. In the meantime you go right on and keep raging about nonexistent occurrences and defending others who do the same. Perhaps you could get worked up over mistreatment of unicorns by goblin jockeys next.
  • no2uno2u Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you cast chains in divine more it doesn't stick on the ground because it activates immediately. You said no one was around and therefore no one triggered it so it goes away. Its more like a targeted stun in divine more. Normal mode it sticks on the ground for like 7 seconds unless someone triggered it or the timer runs out.

As far as I can tell its the same spell its always been.
    edited June 2013
    no2u wrote: »
    If you cast chains in divine more it doesn't stick on the ground because it activates immediately. You said no one was around and therefore no one triggered it so it goes away. Its more like a targeted stun in divine more. Normal mode it sticks on the ground for like 7 seconds unless someone triggered it or the timer runs out.

As far as I can tell its the same spell its always been.

why would it only be a targeted stun in divine mode, it should be the same spell with stuff added to it in divine mode not taken away... and I'll be okay with other classes being able to build themselves immune to its effects right as soon as clerics are able to become immune to theirs
  • no2uno2u Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The added effect is it activates immediately. The normal mode has a 1-2 second activation time meaning someone could run through it if you don't place it perfectly, or avoid it altogether.

Either way I think there are much better encounters to use instead of chains. I only used it to level and farm foundrys until I got divine glow which is much better for the DMG potential. And I never use it in pvp/dungeons.
  • g0ld3n4c3g0ld3n4c3 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    we need immunity skill to protect ourselves, why hammer of fate got nerfed?
    edited June 2013
    no2u wrote: »
    The added effect is it activates immediately. The normal mode has a 1-2 second activation time meaning someone could run through it if you don't place it perfectly, or avoid it altogether.

Either way I think there are much better encounters to use instead of chains. I only used it to level and farm foundrys until I got divine glow which is much better for the DMG potential. And I never use it in pvp/dungeons.

its a freaking trap to be laid upon the ground to snare over a period of time, what the hell is the purpose of a trap that can just be ran over or that doesn't stay where you put it at all if cast in divinity mode .... they really screwed this one up, but then again don't they screw everything up concerning the cleric
  • mandingozmandingoz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think there is a bug with chains. I've noticed that if I lay my chains down with the tower touching my circle it never sticks and just disappears yet still goes on cool down. So I never lay it down where the tower is touching my chains. Also as stated it takes about 1-2 seconds for the activation to take so if you don't throw it down with the right timing they either run through or around.