test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic, CLERICS do NOT need Life Steal in PvP

tapp3rtapp3r Member Posts: 46
edited July 2013 in The Temple
It's a no-brainer. But why on earth do both the T1 and T2 PvP sets for Clerics have Life Steal on every single set piece? What good will Life Steal do for a HEALER CLASS? This is just further proof how you completely neglect the Cleric class. The Cleric PvP sets are likely just copied from a basic template, they just added it in the game and left it there untouched with useless stats.

Remove the +Life Steal stats, and replace it with +Defense because that's the stat Clerics need in PvP. +Health or +Regenation would also be more useful. We can't do enough damage to profit from SL, thus it's a useless stat that should be replaced.

There's obviously a LOT wrong with the Cleric as it is, but there's plenty of other threads for that. This is just something that is so basic it boggles me they haven't changed it yet. Learn from other MMO's.
Post edited by tapp3r on

Comments

• Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Regen! Give me Regen!
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tapp3r wrote: »
    It's a no-brainer. But why on earth do both the T1 and T2 PvP sets for Clerics have Life Steal on every single set piece? What good will Life Steal do for a HEALER CLASS? This is just further proof how you completely neglect the Cleric class. The Cleric PvP sets are likely just copied from a basic template, they just added it in the game and left it there untouched with useless stats.

Remove the +Life Steal stats, and replace it with +Defense because that's the stat Clerics need in PvP. Even +Health would be better than LS.

There's obviously a LOT wrong with the Cleric as it is, but there's plenty of other threads for that. This is just something that is so stupid and basic it boggles me they haven't changed it yet.

lets not be too hasty here, that 7.5% life steal we can get by fully equipping ourselves with it will fill our life bar for every 13.3 characters we fully kill in PvP provided we neither heal or die first... I personally would like +reflection on the equipment (less damage to the cleric while those hitting us take that damage upon them cause clerics lack the damage other classes have and it would help balance the playing field)
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Clerics need life steal cause all self healing is at -40%, yes clerics are a healer class but they cant heal themselves, Sure deflection or defence may have been better but its not useless...every little bit helps
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Clerics need life steal cause all self healing is at -40%, yes clerics are a healer class but they cant heal themselves, Sure deflection or defence may have been better but its not useless...every little bit helps

lol 13.3 kills from full life to fill up your life bar, sorry but that low percent amount of life steal they allow clerics to have is absolutely horrible and last I heard nowhere near the high percent amount that fighters get despite them having way more damage than we do.... it should be high damage lower life steal percentage and not high damage and higher life steal percentage, as it is now its as if they double mitigated the clerics life steal percentage (we have less damage and we have lower life steal percentage)
  • Options
    edited June 2013

You can't be serious... do realize instead that they need to change it to something more useful (as every other class get a stat they actually need). Don't just settle with what they've given you, help us make the game better instead.
  • Options
    maahkremuirsongmaahkremuirsong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    have you tried life steal with a high burst dmg or how about punishing light, add re-purpose soul to it too.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    have you tried life steal with a high burst dmg or how about punishing light, add re-purpose soul to it too.

the percentage the give to the cleric is just too low... and like I keep saying we need reflection (we don't have that nice 50% dodge that fighters are given and our defense stats on our equipment are lower than what fighters get (this has never been the case in D&D. we don't even get shields) and we aren't getting their kills or doing their damage and reflection isn't like we are doing the damage directly ourselves so it would be very fitting as a cleric)
  • Options
    reeferdtrinireeferdtrini Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thanks for this thread I sat and wonder who was the idiot that keeps designing stuff for dc class. I am certainly not encouraged to do gg to get a piece of dc gear with lifesteal vs my mh set and ancients.

anyone who suggest life steal is good for a dc clearly has little gaming experience or should play read more, for most games where life steal is concerned the person it works best on are those with fast attacks such as high dex or attk bonus not a slow character such as an intel or wis stat character
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    thanks for this thread I sat and wonder who was the idiot that keeps designing stuff for dc class. I am certainly not encouraged to do gg to get a piece of dc gear with lifesteal vs my mh set and ancients.

anyone who suggest life steal is good for a dc clearly has little gaming experience or should play read more, for most games where life steal is concerned the person it works best on are those with fast attacks such as high dex or attk bonus not a slow character such as an intel or wis stat character

life steal wouldn't be bad for a cleric if it was at perhaps 150% or more, otherwise its complete BS and in this game we are given 7.5%
  • Options
    tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I believe the T1 version is that way in order to balance out the 20% divinity gain for PvE. Like you need life steal in PvE - its usefulness in PvP is questionable at best (along the lines of when you're stacking damage mitigation buffs or stacking -%damage debuffs on your enemies then every little but can help... even two/three digit healing, for some reason) but it's a stat that has absolutely no place in PvE, regardless of what cleric spec you are. This weakens the value of the PvP set for PvE, even with the 20% more divinity gain.

Now the stats from T2 cleric PvP set, that one I'm not really sure about. The total life steal you get this time is massive (point-wise, the lifesteal itself isn't). This time you can't help but argue that it would have been a lot more useful if it had been some other stat instead. Also consider that the T2 cleric PvE sets are considerably better, so there was no need to balance the T2 PvP set for PvE. For 40% divinity gain, maaaaayyybe. But for just 5% more healing? (the 5% more divinity is just laughable in the bigger scheme of things).
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • Options
    timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Right... DC has to use all encounters to lifesteal and no encounters to heal the team, while TR just need to auto-attack and lifesteal...
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    terrek41terrek41 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Pretty sure one of the starter level 10 and under, at-wills, astral seal is it. Grants 10% lifesteal. So any attack it takes, returns health. Whats the point of having lifesteal on gear, when it doesn't stack with that at-will? You get the highest bonus, not total of the skill and your gear.

Any devoted cleric, can pop those out relatively quickly on large mobs during dungeon delves, and even in pvp, and for those 10 seconds or close to.. anyone who hits said targets is getting free healing directly based off their own skills. Doesn't matter if they have lifesteal or not. 10% is 10%, and with that in mind. What the hell is the point of having it on any 60 gear? Its not like the clerics actually going to be busy dps'n anything in dungeon delves or in pvp for the most part. Their essential role is mainly as a healer.

Change it from lifesteal to defense. They sorely need it.
  • Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I still don't know why life steal exists. Resilience would be a far more useful stat considering the game mechanics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Go back to farming dungeons , kthx.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I'm glad to see so many people agree. This has to change.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Hey, it's useful for my CW, who wanted a bit more life steal, I can slot a life steal icon on my blue stone :)
  • Options
    faustasdmfaustasdm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    Hey, it's useful for my CW, who wanted a bit more life steal, I can slot a life steal icon on my blue stone :)

How is this reply in any use for the topic?
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    faustasdm wrote: »
    How is this reply in any use for the topic?

I'll leave you to answer that yourself, when your reading comprehension and grasp of information communication improves.
  • Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    I'll leave you to answer that yourself, when your reading comprehension and grasp of information communication improves.

DC =/= CW.

I may be missing something here, but DCs are already able to heal themselves for A LOT more than what they can lifesteal even with the 40% reduction of righteousness. Go back to your books and leave the religious talk to those with a bit more understanding of the way gods speak to the mortals.

kkthxbb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • Options
    m4dhat5m4dhat5 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    More proof that Cryptic is completely clueless when it comes to the DC class.
  • Options
    ctowersctowers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited July 2013
    Two Practical Fixes imo.

One - I would rather have the Devs get more creative on BONUS effects for the POWERS I never use on my DC to give me survival and CC options for PVP. The Self Healing Debuf is what it is, but the Lack of Creativity in Buffing some of our other never used powers (give a few more PvP helpful powers) to compensate would be an obvious and easy starting place.

Two - A Second Area would be to revisit the Stats on the PVP SETS. REMOVE LIFE STEAL and put DEFENSE or REGENERATION or SOMETHING ELSE. Of all the Classes we just don't use LIFE STEAL and its worthless to us. It would be worth it if there was an item upgrade gem or diamond that can give you the option to swap out LIFESTEAL with 1-3 other choices. Would give every DC some options and to fit themselves according to their style. Just put it on the GLORY VENDOR and it would be a worthwhile upgrade for the PVP Sets only.

Those are my 2 practical ideas to "FIX" things and not have to Resort to Nerfing everyone else, which is not fun.
  • Options
    mechatoxinmechatoxin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Clerics need a nerf. THEY ARE TOO OP. My friend has a cleric and i had a rogue. we were the same level but he had more damage than me+he has self regen abilities. So... Too mmuch damage+Too much sustain+Life steal with every god **** ability=Overpowered class. Please nerf him
  • Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You're messing around, right?
  • Options
    tapp3r101tapp3r101 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mechatoxin wrote: »
    Clerics need a nerf. THEY ARE TOO OP. My friend has a cleric and i had a rogue. we were the same level but he had more damage than me+he has self regen abilities. So... Too mmuch damage+Too much sustain+Life steal with every god **** ability=Overpowered class. Please nerf him

Funny guy. Probably level 10.