test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

T2 Dungeoning with GF: How do you hold aggro and not die?

corgiatcorgiat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Militia Barracks
T2 Dungeoning with GF: How do you hold aggro and not die? Been trying to do PUGs and failing hard. Any advice would be nice.
Post edited by corgiat on

Comments

• Options
    megerkomegerko Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    MOVE.
    and use daily-heal if y healer cant heal.
  • Options
    mhblis1mhblis1 Member Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You don't stand and tank everything. You do pick up a couple of elite and normal mobs while the group burns down the minion swarm. Move, Move, Move never ever do you stand still and try take it to the face. and yes you are pretty much on your own when it comes to healing.

The mistake I find is most people use the words "Tank" and "Control Aggro" interchangeably which if you are from games like WOW it is. In NW they are two very separate concepts.

You might tank a single red wyrmling by standing still facing it's back to group. Or you can control the aggro of the Ice Golems in Frozen Heart by putting mark on all of them as you drag them away from the group thus controlling their aggro.

For the most part there is no actual tanking as a WOW concept in this game which I love.
  • Options
    toughguyloltoughguylol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    put on villains menace and fighters recovery, you should have a daily every 5-10 seconds from blocking + frontline surge

tank that **** like a boss

if you dont have astral shield under u use recovery

if u do use villain's
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm starting to believe i'm playing a different game than other people in the forums... since the patch holding agro is so easy that good DCs are getting bored, i only have some problems of survival when the battle wight comanders feel happy and come in groups of 4, and when people feel like agroing the 4 giants in karrundax at the same time... other than that, you can hold almost anything im HORDES even without AS, heck, i am always looking for the CWs because they get a lot of agro now, and if theyre having a problem, i get a couple of threatening rushes/taunts and get even more mobs for me...

Obvioulsy moving seems a good tip, when i play on pugs with my alts i see GFs that are uhmm subpar (im being generous here) i have all my utility slots on rank 7 darks for movement, because a big deal of the work of a GF in NW needs moving a little faster than a rock, but other than not overpulling, not waste your guardmeter on lava attacks/battle wight commanders sucking and get out of the way to regroup those <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, and having enough reg/autoheal (lifedrinkers enchants is awesome, also generates a ton of threat) to survive when things get rough... the GFs right now are awesome to play... seriously its like easy mode.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Time your encounters and daily powers right , you'll never die even if you're dps specced .
  • Options
    wurstboiwurstboi Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Moving sounds nice, but isn't your block down, when you move? Otherwise i would call it "crawl". And with a mob on you, each time your block is down - you eat some considerable dmg. Especially if trash mobs go for your back, which they always do. The only way i stay alive is by being immune to control powers/regenerating guard with at-wills and getting some breathing space with knock downs.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    On trash? Move in a circle and avoid the red circles. Block is unnecessary for most attacks.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.