test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please make entire "town square" auto-dismount like around Rhix

nexdinenexdine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Mounts should auto-dismount as soon as you get near the central mail and auction house area, in my view.

Normally I wouldn't care either way, but the never sufficiently accursed "heavy howlers" are unbelievably aggravating for those of us who like to play with sound on. Constant indigestion noises are unbelievably annoying after a while, it's like water torture. Please make it stop. Anybody... make it stooopppp!
Post edited by nexdine on

Comments

• Options
    jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That and make non stone or cat pets get put away automatically. You can take them back out, but if you enter enclave, they go away. Tired of seeing all the birds, pets, mounts, lag, fun stuff.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I agree, automatically unsummon all companions and mounts in PE. I think it would cut down on the lag tremendously. As it is, I hate having to go to PE, it's the only place where my game constantly crashes.
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I totally disagree, after all the only point of all the lovely mounts and companions is to show them off in Protectors Enclave! :D

Now making the select area, for all PE items/vendors, larger and forcing people to stay at this max range, so that you can see the item you want to interact with, I think is needed.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Please add giant mammoth mounts in the game :D
  • Options
    okaminosukeokaminosuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I agree. Disable mounts, companions in whole Protectors Enclave area so new players don't have to be jealous about all this shiny stuff. Also, disable all gear visuals so there is less textures and better performance for many people with weak PCs. Lower level players won't have to watch all these fancy armors and weapons they can't get yet. Make everyone in PE have no mount, no companion and naked.
  • Options
    nexdinenexdine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's not about not getting bragging rights. I have quite a bit I can flash around if I feel so inclined. Mostly I just find some of the mounts annoying, and it looks preposterous when you have 15 giant mounts in a huge wad around the vendor.

But yeah, to whoever did the sound design for the torturous noisy howlers, may I say... no I'd better not.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Banning them from PE is a bit much but when you are near a vendor, mailbox or NPC you should auto dismount. As far as dismissing your companions I say give us more customization to our companions instead, let us decide how they look and what they wear like in STO.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    b0r7b0r7 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A better option, request the ability to turn off mounts/companions on your video card instead of complaining and requesting the other person has to be put at fault. You do not need to completely disable everything, just because your system isn't up to par....no point to have Player A who has no problem with their computer have their pet/mount disabled if Player B is the one having the issue.
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    b0r7 wrote: »
    Snip

On my perfectly acceptable mid range pc i too agree that people should be forced to at least dismount, in retort to said 'wally' above its nothing to do with the laggy nature of my pc but more due to the morons who park right on top of the NPC in protectors enclave making it look like feeding time at the zoo..
  • Options
    kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Whats the mount that sounds like it has a giant furball its hackin up? Annoying as heck and I don't want one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think giving vendors and the mailbox 10ft auras that dismount anyone near them would be sufficient.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    I think giving vendors and the mailbox 10ft auras that dismount anyone near them would be sufficient.

Agreed wholeheartedly.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Auto dismount around the worst places is a good idea. These being:
    • Postal Courier
    • Potions Vendor
    • Wonderous Bazaar
    • Tarmalune Auction House
    • Bank Clerks
    • Professions Vendor
    • Sgt Knox
    • Campfire at the top

The other vendors don't seem to get enough traffic to warrant disabling mounts.

All encounter powers should be greyed out and inaccessible though. Getting a little fed up of (mostly CWs) deciding to test out their AOE spells next to Rhix...

EDIT: Also give us an option to disable mount sounds globally. Neighing competitions are slightly irritating.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014