test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

what to do at 60

givearandomnamegivearandomname Member Posts: 292 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I understand now why all you see is 60's standing around protectors enclave. its because there ins't anything else to do.

every 4 hours or so can run dungens when the event is active rest of the time its just not worth it hour or more to get to final boss for shot at one piece of loot that 99% of the time isn't for your class or in most cases a class thats not even in the group.

skirimishes are a waste of time foundrys are fun but the rewards are so crappy after the 4 why bother unless its to review new ones.

put in a new raid type event then only make it avaliable every 4 or 5 hours what the hell is the point.

what if i want to do it but can't be on during thos times its a very stupid way to do a raid.

the whole event system is stupid if you ask me.

so in the next update the fey wild is there actualy going to be something to do or should i go ahead and turn back on swtor or lotro to play between dungen delve events. all tho aion just launched 4.0 live two new classes might go try that between dungen delves its f2p as well.
Namin Soulburner
NW-DHNVMMGVJ Dragons horde part one.
http://youtu.be/0KbqTWeJqxc
Post edited by givearandomname on

Comments

• arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got bored of badly made PUG's and elitist pre-mades, so I'm getting my rear handed to me in PvP (DC char), just to get some glory for an end game set. Once I have that, who knows? Wait and see if game balance will arrive before module 1 I guess.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • kelletonkelleton Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I understand now why all you see is 60's standing around protectors enclave. its because there ins't anything else to do.

every 4 hours or so can run dungens when the event is active rest of the time its just not worth it hour or more to get to final boss for shot at one piece of loot that 99% of the time isn't for your class or in most cases a class thats not even in the group.

skirimishes are a waste of time foundrys are fun but the rewards are so crappy after the 4 why bother unless its to review new ones.

put in a new raid type event then only make it avaliable every 4 or 5 hours what the hell is the point.

what if i want to do it but can't be on during thos times its a very stupid way to do a raid.

so in the next update the fey wild is there actualy going to be something to do or should i go ahead and turn back on swtor or lotro to play between dungen delve events. all tho aion just launched 4.0 live two new classes might go try that between dungen delves its f2p as well.

Kids these days - need a constant carrot to play a game...maybe play the game for enjoyment rather than advancement?
  • sh4dowrunn3rsh4dowrunn3r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Feywild is going to add lots of single player quests as I understand it - without raising level cap. New dungeons, new gear tiers (t3,t4,t5 ???(since they say 3 districts each with better gear as you unlock them)) and lots of visual stuff... ie: dwarfs with fake axes :P ... weapon crafting profs and 2 races.
    Nothing I really want.
  • johnfelljohnfell Banned Users Posts: 408 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    kelleton wrote: »
    Kids these days - need a constant carrot to play a game...maybe play the game for enjoyment rather than advancement?

Crazy thought; for alot of people in MMOs advancement is a part of the enjoyment.
    Crazier thought; MMOs are often constructed in a way that they revolve around advancement, of one's character (levels, powers/feats) and gear (pvp or dungeons) and achievements (titles or dungeon/raid clears), to the point that they all support eachother, and even require eachother to some extent (certain gearscore/itemlevel needed to qeue/be able to handle certain dungeons/raids/pvp matches). Not even going into collectables/mounts/companions.

Having said this, of course there are people in MMOs that happily ride around on their latest mount and gather herbs or skin beasties endlessly, just exploring the world and maybe crafting a nice piece of leather armor, but that tends to get old rather quick for alot of us - especially so in Neverwinter, wich has no real open world (districts), no open world pvp, no professions worth grinding up, no real exploration apart from maybe finding scrying orbs, no real pvp competition/ladder, no minipets/collectables... I could go on.

/Not a part of "kids these days"
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

you would be apart of the (minority) in thinking like this. All M.m.o's that wish to be successful understand and use the (Carrot on a Stick) method to keep players working towards a goal versus giving them nothing and watching them leave in droves because of boredom.

This isn't a single player Xbox 360 or Ps3 single player game were talking about, if players have nothing to work towards then there goes any hope of keeping them glued in front of their monitor playing and maybe spending some money in the cash shop.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • givearandomnamegivearandomname Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    you would be apart of the (minority) in thinking like this. All M.m.o's that wish to be successful understand and use the (Carrot on a Stick) method to keep players working towards a goal versus giving them nothing and watching them leave in droves because of boredom.

This isn't a single player Xbox 360 or Ps3 single player game were talking about, if players have nothing to work towards then there goes any hope of keeping them glued in front of their monitor playing and maybe spending some money in the cash shop.

this is excatly what i am saying there isn't anything to play for atm with the stupid event system. loged out and am downloading the new aion update at least there is lots to do in that game will log back in at 8pm for next dungen delve then log out when its over as for spending money why bother when only in the game 60 min every 4 or 5 hours who needs mounts and stuff for that
    Namin Soulburner
    NW-DHNVMMGVJ Dragons horde part one.
    http://youtu.be/0KbqTWeJqxc
  • scott451scott451 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You could head on over to Moonstone Mask and dance up on the stage. That looks like fun. Then mount you fire steed and gallop to the Tower of Alteration. Maybe get an extreme makeover? Plus you can always stroll over to the postal courier. Check your mail?

Nothing to do at 60? I beg to differ.
  • vashwixvashwix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013

This.

Too many players complain about the game is boring, when they won't do anything fun.

No arena's cause glory are useless
    No skirmish cause they are a waste of time
    No foundry too...
    Dungeons only when there are bonus chests and abusing of every bug possible to skip add or bosses and to kill them with easy methods.

You can either "play" only from gateway, farm AD for some months without enter the game, then buy last equip set and stop "playing".
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    this is excatly what i am saying there isn't anything to play for atm with the stupid event system. loged out and am downloading the new aion update at least there is lots to do in that game will log back in at 8pm for next dungen delve then log out when its over as for spending money why bother when only in the game 60 min every 4 or 5 hours who needs mounts and stuff for that

That's because of an Inherent flaw in Cryptic's dungeon design as well as loot system or lack there of. The goal for end game should be to encourage players at level 60 to want to form groups and raid end game dungeon/dungeons. Right now, with the system Cryptic has in place players have no reason to do that.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
    edited June 2013
    scott451 wrote: »
    You could head on over to Moonstone Mask and dance up on the stage. That looks like fun. Then mount you fire steed and gallop to the Tower of Alteration. Maybe get an extreme makeover? Plus you can always stroll over to the postal courier. Check your mail?

Nothing to do at 60? I beg to differ.

And your entitled to your opinion, congratulations on finding stuff to entertain your self with. You obviously do not speak for everyone and clearly you don't share the same thoughts as the O.p. I find the game to be lacking in content as well, Do I expect you to share the same Opinion as me? Of course not, does that make my observations of how I view the game wrong? Of course not.

Their are things too do in this game for everyone, depends on your view of fun. If your the type who likes to go /dance in the Moonstone mask area great, if not oh well. Just like my view of fun is to raid and progress my character by means of gear, does that make my way of playing this game the right way, No it does not. It happens to be the way I enjoy playing this game, of course I also like to kick back in the Moonstone mask and cheer on the /dance crowed as well as /dance with them. ;)
    Death_knight.jpg

~Sholom Aleichem
  • cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »

Even single player games have something to strive for, even if it's just the satisfaction of saying you beat it. There's a reason why non-linear games tend not to do very well aside from games like Skyrim or GTA where you have a massive sandbox to play around with. Neverwinter really has none of that going for it, so there has to be progression somewhere or else you hit that roadblock where you feel like there's nothing left to do and boredom and/or frustration sets in.
  • scott451scott451 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vashwix wrote: »
    This.

Too many players complain about the game is boring, when they won't do anything fun.

No foundry too...
    Dungeons only when there are bonus chests and abusing of every bug possible to skip add or bosses and to kill them with easy methods.

You can either "play" only from gateway, farm AD for some months without enter the game, then buy last equip set and stop "playing".

So true. The game just came out of open beta like....what? 10 days ago? I started playing when it came into open beta. And I feel like I have only scratched to surface of what this game really has to offer.

Played my first Foundry quest last night. And it was awesome. Now I'm thinking about getting into creating Foundry quests myself.
    See if I'm any good at it.

Plus, they've already promised new content is coming on the high end. And soon.

Look. This game is going to be what we, the players, make it. Its brand new. And as far as I can see, has great potential.

Let's just see where it goes.
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vashwix wrote: »
    This.

No foundry too...

People have forgotten how to make their own fun these days. Like everything else, they expect someone else to do it for them. It's kind of an element of the theme park MMO as well.

When they run out of rides they start wanting new ones, and since many have had their entertainment spoon fed to them since their whole lives, they don't know what to do when the spoon isn't constantly coming.

The larger generations have simply largely lost the ability to make their own fun as they never had to develop that ability when young.
  • pr0motepr0mote Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited June 2013
    after farming cn for more than month im taking a break, theres nothing more to do, foundry quests are not even competetive u can solo em with obviously bad rewards for wasting your 15-40min or something, gauntlgrym rewards sucks, pvp is gf/gwf fest :|
  • karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    foundrys are fun but the rewards are so crappy

I'm glad I still find the 'fun' reward enough.

UGC is the best part of the game, just as they were in the time of their predecessors.