test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

getting to level 5 in alchemy

warfluxwarflux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Is there somewhere to buy all the potions you need? Like the minor potion of force? I'd rather not craft 50 potions just to craft the experiment.
Post edited by warflux on

Comments

• Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As far as I know, those potions need to be crafted, or can drop from Invoking.... of course, to get the minor potions, you need to be invoking on a very low level character, and it's random drop.... :/

(I ended up having to craft the minor and most of the lesser potions. But I've been saving all the regular/greater/major potions my alts have been getting. At least I'll have those for the higher level experiments.)
  • Options
    mcleod71mcleod71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    buy them off ah
  • Options
    riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Or farm them in Tower District and Blackdagger Ruins.
  • Options
    jaelithejaelithe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    Alchemy works best if you have done some other things first. Get your level to 30 (not too many hours if you concentrate on it) and another craft to 10 (also fairly quick) and you have 4 slots. That lets you farm materials, convert them to something usable and create potions in very little time.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Make an alt and get them as drops , I got all the potions I needed from my collection of various alts xD
  • Options
    desjardiniidesjardinii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You can buy them off of the AH. but they are little high atm. Prior to alchemy you could buy the pots off the AH dirt cheap. Then just before it went live, alot of them were bought out. Made it easy to sell lesser potions and a huge markup. People were buying them for 1K AD each.
  • Options
    seldoniapseldoniap Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    The potions aren't the issue as far as I can see. I'm more concerned about the Basic Knowledge Scrolls. *shrug*
  • Options
    armenuaarmenua Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    seldoniap wrote: »
    The potions aren't the issue as far as I can see. I'm more concerned about the Basic Knowledge Scrolls. *shrug*
    In order to do the alchemical research, after the first couple levels, requires the potions. I created an alt to get the lesser potions, but they basically didn't drop at all. But the guy up there is probably right. Should go to Blackdagger Ruins and farm them.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Those things stopped dropping for me after getting to rank 3. Haven't had a single one drop for about 20+ goes. I've given up on alchemy now. Back to crafting pants.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    johnfelljohnfell Banned Users Posts: 408 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Those things stopped dropping for me after getting to rank 3. Haven't had a single one drop for about 20+ goes. I've given up on alchemy now. Back to crafting pants.

Hehe, sorry, but that single post described so much of how incredibly wrong Crafting here is designed... :P
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013

The point is that you need the potions to get the scrolls. (i.e, some of the Experimentation projects - which drop the scrolls - have the potions as their ingredients.)