test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

5 Minute Spider Queen

hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
This is the 2nd try, 1st try someone was afk so we decided to just clear out spiderlings first til they got back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aijA2tQusxo
Post edited by hurk97 on

Comments

• teezy604teezy604 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    3 TR and it still took you 5 mins. That's pretty bad.
  • hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    teezy604 wrote: »
    3 TR and it still took you 5 mins. That's pretty bad.

TR's don't quite stack like they used to guy, link me some vids you posted and I will take you seriously.
  • everwindgaleeverwindgale Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited June 2013
    2 Questions

What daily was the CW using? I don't think I saw a Arcane Singularity. Was that the daze daily that everyone says sucks? Also I never saw him using repel which I thought was kinda standard for this dungeon.

Am I correct in assuming that the reasons that the blademasters were not a big problem was that since the TRs were doing so much damage that the boss was eating them?
  • ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Looks like the CW is using the daze from Oppressive Force (I think that's what it's called).
  • faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    2 Questions

What daily was the CW using? I don't think I saw a Arcane Singularity. Was that the daze daily that everyone says sucks? Also I never saw him using repel which I thought was kinda standard for this dungeon.

Am I correct in assuming that the reasons that the blademasters were not a big problem was that since the TRs were doing so much damage that the boss was eating them?

You can't knock adds off in this final boss fight anymore so it's not worth putting it in. It's better to mass daze since you have to fight the adds. Also that daze is actually good, for when you need to fight the adds.

On my CW I would use singularity up until the last boss then switch in oppressive force. I also I use my shield to pop stuff off and not repel most of the time (except for spell plague where I use both)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • everwindgaleeverwindgale Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited June 2013
    So I saw Time Steal, Shield, EF, and Oppressive Force what was 4th power and what was tab slotted? Just curious because last time I tried this dungeon it was a wipe fest. The Blademasters were just whittling everyone down (seemed like 1 shots) and I couldn't get a Steal Time off to save my life.

PS : Watched again, saw it was ROE. Not sure what was on mastery, but amazing job with all the TRs. I am not sure a balanced party could do this in this amount of time.
  • kanojakanoja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    [Alteyr]

Magnus, the CW, almost always has Entangling Force in Spell Mastery for its AP generation and Arcane Mastery stacks. He brings Shield for the passive effect, but I am not sure if he does burst it when she begins healing or not. Steal Time is saved for when the Astral Shield is down. The daze is indeed coming from Oppressive Force. The reasons the blademasters were not a big deal was a combination of rogues spamming Smoke Bombs, Time Steal saved for shield downtime, Oppressive Force used instead of Arcane Singularity + Shield burst combination, and the whole group knowing not to dodge unless absolutely necessary as their lunges hurt much more than their melee swings.

One of the rogues brought Impact Shot to peel off and kill the small spider adds, so it was more like 2 1/2 rogues as far as dps on the boss.
    edited June 2013
    PS : Watched again, saw it was ROE. Not sure what was on mastery, but amazing job with all the TRs. I am not sure a balanced party could do this in this amount of time.

Thanks Everwindgale. I hope Alteyr was able to answer questions you had, CW is a class I have yet to play.
  • spineshatterspineshatter Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Magnus (the CW) here. Brought Entangling force on spell mastery, shield, steal time, ray of enfeeblement.

Fight is pretty simple. Keep RoE on the boss, and save steal times and oppressive force for when the astral shield is not up. Use shield burst only to knock adds out of red circles - using it to try to get a temporary respite from the blademasters is a mistake since when they are all knocked out of melee range at once they will simultaneously charge back (typically all to the CW), which results in someone getting killed. Don't underestimate the CC of entangling force as well. taking an add out of the fight every 10 seconds adds up, as well as fills a good portion of your AP. Ideally, the adds will never be hitting anyone who is not in an astral shield.

EDIT: Opressive force doesn't suck at all, BTW. Its not for every situation, and it cannot crit so its dps is pretty bad, but it locks adds down for a fair bit of time without worry of them charging out of it or charging back to the group as with AS + Shield burst (or even AS alone). It's a niche skill, but one that every wizard should have.
    edited June 2013
    Magnus (the CW) here. Brought Entangling force on spell mastery, shield, steal time, ray of enfeeblement.

Fight is pretty simple. Keep RoE on the boss, and save steal times and oppressive force for when the astral shield is not up. Use shield burst only to knock adds out of red circles - using it to try to get a temporary respite from the blademasters is a mistake since when they are all knocked out of melee range at once they will simultaneously charge back (typically all to the CW), which results in someone getting killed. Don't underestimate the CC of entangling force as well. taking an add out of the fight every 10 seconds adds up, as well as fills a good portion of your AP. Ideally, the adds will never be hitting anyone who is not in an astral shield.

EDIT: Oppressive force doesn't suck at all, BTW. Its not for every situation, and it cannot crit so its dps is pretty bad, but it locks adds down for a fair bit of time without worry of them charging out of it or charging back to the group as with AS + Shield burst (or even AS alone). It's a niche skill, but one that every wizard should have.

Very good info and explains why I (and team was failing). Yea I like entangling force on mastery but you never really know on boss fights which is better ROE on mastery or EF. The AP it generates is great. I haven't played with OP Force since early beta weekends and was underwhelmed by it, so I never took it. On my respec, I was going for a lightning themed CW and after getting pounded so hard in Spider I thought Maelstrom of Chaos would be good. (I have also gotten the lightning enchantments) and as soon as I can make a normal version of the the Thunderhead I will slot those as well. The temporary immunity and ability to stun/place and prone I thought would be valuable. According to to tool tip it does some serious damage. Haven't played with it enough to say one way or another.

I think the big reason we failed and what I saw your group do is that you forced the boss to consume her spiders and blade-masters for healing because your damage was so great. You also need the shield to absorb those shots from the blade-masters. I watched a balanced group do the same boss but it took them a long tiome and the healer in that group was very good. Clearly your groups exploits will get the dev's attention as that is not a "pug-able" dungeon IMHO.

Thanks for answering the questions! Everwind
    edited June 2013
    Clearly your groups exploits will get the dev's attention as that is not a "pug-able" dungeon IMHO.

Thanks for answering the questions! Everwind

I hope more players post videos such as this and spark debate on boss fight strategies which in turn should improve the PUG/Guild success rates. I do like a challenging boss fight but I also hope it is challenging because the Devs plan it out carefully.

Glad we could help.
  • kanojakanoja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yea I like entangling force on mastery but you never really know on boss fights which is better ROE on mastery or EF.

Skills which have encounter charges (so RoE when in the spell mastery slot) do not get affected by recovery, which is also the CW main stat. This makes slotting RoE on tab somewhat of a waste unless you can coordinate it with the rogues' Lurker's Assaults or something, whereas slotting EF would get you the rapid dailies for more Oppressive Forces keeping you and the DC alive more frequently.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No idea what happened since the recent patch, but this boss just got hard. We barely put a dent in her.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • s3z3s3z3 Member Posts: 216 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    2 tr 1 cw 1 dc 1 conqueror\tactician gf.... all 11k+ gs, she dies in under 2 mins on good run and 4 mins on bad run with a lot teleports.
    Carnage TR Dragon shard - retired? hell yea it's retired along with Nevewinter

Seze - Rogue - Necropolis - <3 RIFT
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    The devs took out the pitch to middle yet left the spawning of mobs alone......HELLOOO????

Balance needs to be maintained.

After trying the fight 3 times and seeing the adds wipe a party within 60 seconds...I won't waste my time until they balance the fight with OUT the spawn of "ridiculous amount of mobs that will one shot anyone" without the ability to toss the adds out.
  • faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    s3z3 wrote: »
    2 tr 1 cw 1 dc 1 conqueror\tactician gf.... all 11k+ gs, she dies in under 2 mins on good run and 4 mins on bad run with a lot teleports.

The GS requirement for this dungeon is 8.3k GS, so it should be completable at that GS requirement, if it's not then something is wrong. The adds are way more threatening then the boss herself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, this dungeon is cake until the last boss. Then it just gets stupid. Even not dodging, those blademasters pounce on my CW (because now CWs generate more threat). 2-3 shots and I'm out. I have full Shadow Weaver, play in a great guild, and an 11k GS. I like some of the tactics presented though. May have to try Oppressive Force. That daze lasts a long time.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!