test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What companion for Tank/Buff spec GF?

magilliomagillio Member Posts: 35
edited June 2013 in The Militia Barracks
I'm tank/buff spec GF and i'm wondering what companion is best for me?

These are my stats
Defence - 4545
Deflect - 2157
Recovery - 1557
Power - 2602
Regen - 781
Post edited by magillio on

Comments

• deitytealdeityteal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Unanimously, I'd think people would recommend the Ioun Stone of Allure or the cat. They basically give you free stats. I'd look into giving them regen/power/recov equips.
  • mhblis1mhblis1 Member Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Currently as buff spec I'm looking at the stone rather than the cat because of the stats it gives. A word of warning there is a bug about which seems that some people are not getting power from their pets. The recommendation is that you stack power on yourself and then ARP/Crit/Recovery on the pet you choose as appropriate.
  • magilliomagillio Member Posts: 35
    edited June 2013
    Does the cat and stone give the same stats?
  • magilliomagillio Member Posts: 35
    edited June 2013
    deityteal wrote: »
    Unanimously, I'd think people would recommend the Ioun Stone of Allure or the cat. They basically give you free stats. I'd look into giving them regen/power/recov equips.

Thanks for the tip! :-)
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In the TR's room there's this thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?373231-companion-choice

Basically get the one that suits your playstyle. Stat enhancing pets are best when grouping, the cleric saves you some money on pots.

Currently I'm leveling up a 30ish GF with a phoera for it's AoE damage. Pets are 'just' mob distractions though, with some nice gimmicks, and will give you combat advantage against mobs, which really adds to your damage potential.
  • trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited June 2013
    cat 225 crit/recovery
    stone 150 power crit recovery

cat = belt slot
    stone = icon slot