test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

AC feat worth it

vidfinnxvidfinnx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 98
edited June 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Is the AC feat worth it? 2.5% damage reduction?
Mindflayer Server
Worst GF NA
Post edited by vidfinnx on

Comments

• Options
    belladanbelladan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I like AC with the WMS feat from the Sent tree.
  • Options
    templarknight91templarknight91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Worth it if you're running all Sent if not...then no
  • Options
    kreicuskreicus Member Posts: 76
    edited June 2013
    If it's a choice between that feat, and the Fight On feat (+10% cooldown reduction) then I'd go with fight on. As a GF a lot of equipment has defense on it, so you'll be hitting the cap earlier. Recovery, at least for me, takes more effort to get, and...where I am, getting a 10% increase is about 1000 points in recovery.
  • Options
    belladanbelladan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    As you need 16pts. into Sentinel to get the AC feat via having WMS slotted, might as well make it 21, as you aren't gonna get a capstone any other way.
  • Options
    vidfinnxvidfinnx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 98
    edited June 2013
    this is for a GF btw
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The answer is no.
  • Options
    c45hcr0pc45hcr0p Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited June 2013
    kreicus wrote: »
    If it's a choice between that feat, and the Fight On feat (+10% cooldown reduction) then I'd go with fight on. As a GF a lot of equipment has defense on it, so you'll be hitting the cap earlier. Recovery, at least for me, takes more effort to get, and...where I am, getting a 10% increase is about 1000 points in recovery.

% damage reduction from AC and Defense are additive with each other. So, hitting the soft cap for Defense has nothing to do with the value of 5 AC.

The main question is, how much value does the OP place on mitigation in relation to his playstyle?

If he's hitting the softcap for Defense, an extra 2.5% flat mitigation is huge when talking about going from 43.5% to 46%. The more mitigation a tank has, the more value is placed on each subsequent % of mitigation.

It all comes down to playstyle. People who subscribe to the Envy or Rokuthy GF builds will always say more mitigation is not needed. This isn't necessarily untrue.

However, people who get their rocks off by being as tanky as possible will always want more mitigation.
    cylisbrex wrote: »
    ...I love the rectal based combat...

Reticle not rectal. :)
  • Options
    kreicuskreicus Member Posts: 76
    edited June 2013
    c45hcr0p wrote: »
    % damage reduction from AC and Defense are additive with each other. So, hitting the soft cap for Defense has nothing to do with the value of 5 AC.

The main question is, how much value does the OP place on mitigation in relation to his playstyle?

If he's hitting the softcap for Defense, an extra 2.5% flat mitigation is huge when talking about going from 43.5% to 46%. The more mitigation a tank has, the more value is placed on each subsequent % of mitigation.

It all comes down to playstyle. People who subscribe to the Envy or Rokuthy GF builds will always say more mitigation is not needed. This isn't necessarily untrue.

However, people who get their rocks off by being as tanky as possible will always want more mitigation.

Ya, sorry, I never meant that the cap effected this feat, just that most equipment, before jewelry or enchants, gives you the 'capped' max for your defense, so its hard to not be high on defense. I just find the +10% cooldown more valuable, since recovery is a harder stat for me to fulfill.
  • Options
    c45hcr0pc45hcr0p Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited June 2013
    kreicus wrote: »
    Ya, sorry, I never meant that the cap effected this feat, just that most equipment, before jewelry or enchants, gives you the 'capped' max for your defense, so its hard to now be high on defense. I just find the +10% cooldown more valuable, since recovery is a harder stat for me to fulfill.

Agreed, +10% cooldown feat is definitely the better choice for DPS GFs.

• Options
    neverfreezerneverfreezer Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is it fixed? Someone once said it doesn't increase or at the least doesn't show on your character info that AC was increased.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Is it fixed? Someone once said it doesn't increase or at the least doesn't show on your character info that AC was increased.

It was fixed in the big class update patch just before the game went live.