test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unimportant Suggestions

laviumlavium Member Posts: 31
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Having played Neverwinter for a month now I've made a list of small changes that would increase usability and convenience without, hopefully, a lot of work or balance problems. Nothing major, no bugs, no new content, etc. Those would all be great, but this is a list of easy things I'd like to see. Apologies if some of these are already available in-game and I've missed them.

Crafting/Gateway
  • 'Collect All' button for crafting
  • 'Collect (All) & Requeue' button (help stop Carpal Tunnel)
  • Make crafting inventory viewable on gateway
  • Show the next events with timers on gateway
  • Give us a way to see a week or month of events so we can plan ahead
  • (EDIT) Add profession vendor to gateway
  • (EDIT) Show us the xp to next crafting level like in-game

Gameplay
  • Allow us to enter Epic Dungeons through the door or with "current team only" using the queue system. Or give us another way to 3/4 man epics
  • Return people to the zone they came from after they leave a dungeon
  • Heal injuries faster in town
  • Make low level seals account bound, or drastically reduce low-level seal item costs
  • Increase stack size in inventory for seal token things (eg blackdagger insignias)
  • Have 2 event rotations: One for Gauntlgrym, one for the rest - Casuals have a hard time finding a DD or GG they can actually play. I have kids so I have a very specific window of time to play
  • Let the party leader invite people in random dungeons if group members leave
  • If a group of 3 or more joins, make the party leader in the dungeon the leader of that group

PVP
  • Give mountless people a temporary 50% mount horse when they join a pvp map. Lower level pvp when half the other team has 110% mounts and yours has no mount is an automatic loss on maps designed for mounted people. You can let them keep their 110% vs 50% advantage, but 110% vs 0% is ridiculous on the larger map.
  • Add a vote-kick for botters
  • Don't penalize the whole team for afk/botters, check for damage/healing done or something useful.
  • (EDIT) Add easy bot reporting option during pvp. I don't want to /who someone and then type their handle.

Trade/Money
  • Let us mail gold
  • Let us mail non-epic seals
  • When we're outbid, return the money directly to our inventory
  • Trade confirmation box to prevent scams
  • Increase mail attachment limit
  • (EDIT: KVET) Add donation mechanism for guild bank slots

Random
  • Show classes in friends list
  • Add /who command to right-click menu on a player
  • Show GG Faction, if available
  • (EDIT) Make item links always display in client's language
  • (EDIT) Make boss names, etc, always display in client's language
  • (EDIT) If you have a window open where you can drag and drop an item, no longer prompt to discard the item if you miss the box slightly.
  • (EDIT)Allow purchases of up to 100 of any item.
  • (EDIT)Show companion's XP to next level, even if they can be trained.
  • (EDIT: two30)Auto-pickup should work with any common items of which I already have a partial stack in my inventory. Already have 3 potions of minor healing? Auto-pickup any new ones until I have a full stack.
  • (EDIT: two30)Companion's stat tooltips should show the percentage benefit. If I give my cleric 40 deflection, what's that as a percentage?
  • (EDIT: two30)Invocation should heal injuries, which would make more sense than AD and XP, although I don't mind the AD.
  • (EDIT: two30)A button that inputs @myaccountname in the To: field for quick mailing stuff to alts. I always worry I'm going to mistype and mail to a stranger.
  • (EDIT: two30)Mail from the Auction House has the "Reply" button greyed out. The "Report Spam" button should probably be greyed out as well. (Incredibly unimportant)
  • (EDIT: cinj216) Take All and Delete (All messages or just one) buttons for mailbox.

That's it for now. Thanks for reading.
Post edited by lavium on

Comments

• kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow, loads of great suggestions here. Low level seals are nearly useless, since by the time you collect enough to use them for anything, you've outgrown the items they can buy. Account bound would help a bit provided you can mail them (there's no account bank in NW, not yet anyway), but honestly, I think blue seals should be unbound and tradable.

On the PvP mount thing -- how about no mounts on normal PvP instances? the GG pvp instance is large and lvl 60 only, and if you're lvl 60 with no mount at all, well, that's sort of your own fault. But the others, just make them "indoor" and disable mounts completely. It will slow things down a little, but not incredibly so. Besides, pre-lvl 20 pvp matches have no mounts, and they work out just fine.

One big one missed in the OP's list (IMO): Guild bank repositories. We need a way to gather contributions toward buying the repositories. That means, A) Be like other cryptic games and use the currency you can deposit, or B) provide a way for all members to contribute toward the repositories maybe a deposit only box for ADs where not even the Guildmaster can get the ADs out once put in. There's probably other solutions, but the point is, repositories are very expensive to have to buy in a single lump sum for most players (if that's not you, dear reader, that's wonderful for you to be so rich in ADs. Wanna join my guild and buy a repo or two for us?)
  • laviumlavium Member Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    I think no mounts on that smaller map is fine, the larger one has a really long walk and would make back-capping virtually impossible. Honestly the mount thing is really only a problem when you pvp < 40 or so. Mountless non-bots are rare after that.

I 100% agree with your guild bank suggestions. You should be able to chip in and unlock repositories when the required donations have been deposited. Or, say, donate 1k to unlock one inventory slot.
  • tattooedangelstattooedangels Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like the idea of showing your friends class in the friends list. Sure you can add a note to put what class they are but I hate shifting through notes when inviting someone to a group
  • jiglesjigles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    +1! All the things i never had the patient to write. Hope someone hear you :)

Gratz
    Collision - LVL 60 TR ○○○ ENYO - LVL 60 CW
    edited June 2013
    An option to show the GG faction might be nice as well.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Great suggestions and thank you for taking the time to write them out!
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

edited June 2013
    Thanks for reading. Hopefully they have some free interns who can implement some of these. :)
  • pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Actually you forgot one important one: Give an option in the interface to turn on or off the sliding event tab on the mini map, that's very annoying.
    lavium wrote: »
    Having played Neverwinter for a month now I've made a list of small changes that would increase usability and convenience without, hopefully, a lot of work or balance problems. Nothing major, no bugs, no new content, etc. Those would all be great, but this is a list of easy things I'd like to see. Apologies if some of these are already available in-game and I've missed them.

Crafting/Gateway
    • 'Collect All' button for crafting
    • 'Collect (All) & Requeue' button (help stop Carpal Tunnel)
    • Make crafting inventory viewable on gateway
    • Show the next events with timers on gateway
    • Give us a way to see a week or month of events so we can plan ahead

Gameplay
    • Allow us to enter Epic Dungeons through the door or with "current team only" using the queue system. Or give us another way to 3/4 man epics
    • Return people to the zone they came from after they leave a dungeon
    • Heal injuries faster in town
    • Make low level seals account bound, or drastically reduce low-level seal item costs
    • Increase stack size in inventory for seal token things (eg blackdagger insignias)
    • Have 2 event rotations: One for Gauntlgrym, one for the rest - Casuals have a hard time finding a DD or GG they can actually play. I have kids so I have a very specific window of time to play
    • Let the party leader invite people in random dungeons if group members leave
    • If a group of 3 or more joins, make the party leader in the dungeon the leader of that group

PVP
    • Give mountless people a temporary 50% mount horse when they join a pvp map. Lower level pvp when half the other team has 110% mounts and yours has no mount is an automatic loss on maps designed for mounted people. You can let them keep their 110% vs 50% advantage, but 110% vs 0% is ridiculous on the larger map.
    • Add a vote-kick for botters
    • Don't penalize the whole team for afk/botters, check for damage/healing done or something useful.

Trade/Money
    • Let us mail gold
    • Let us mail non-epic seals
    • When we're outbid, return the money directly to our inventory
    • Trade confirmation box to prevent scams
    • Increase mail attachment limit
    • (EDIT: KVET) Add donation mechanism for guild bank slots

Random
    • Show classes in friends list
    • Add /who command to right-click menu on a player
    • Show GG Faction, if available

That's it for now. Thanks for reading.
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
    edited June 2013
    I don't know that I've even noticed the sliding event tab. I added a couple more that I remembered, though.
    edited June 2013
    Added a few more. :)
  • anzentantouanzentantou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    played for a month and half of the gameplay issues have been fixed by all recent patches. out of your list only 1/4 remains to be fixed. i'd rather them fix the auction house bidding mechanism. since apparently we can't bid till the last second. they can fix all the gameplay issues but cant fix auction house? least let us outbid till we have no seconds left. why give someone an safezones? bids are supposedly be intense and furiously s******* to be an auction house. developers need to fix the auction house period.
    edited June 2013
    Not sure what you mean by 1/4 remains to be fixed. I do find the last minute of the AH to be really, really buggy.
    edited June 2013
    Added: If you have a window open where you can drag and drop an item, no longer prompt to discard the item if you miss the box slightly.
  • jayfunkedjayfunked Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When vendoring junk have a checkbox 'Do not show warning again' in the confirmation pop-up you get when trying to sell enchanted gear or unidentified gear.
    edited June 2013
    Nice one, jayfunked. Maybe a threshold so you can be reminded for blue/purple items but not green.
    edited June 2013
    Added:

Allow purchases of up to 100 of any item.
    Show companion's XP to next level, even if they can be trained.
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    good idea, good for players, bad for business .... lets just see how it goes :D
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Get rid of PvP entirely.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
    edited June 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Get rid of PvP entirely.

Not real useful.
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lots of good ideas, Lavium. Here's a few of my own.
    • Auto-pickup should work with any common items of which I already have a partial stack in my inventory. Already have 3 potions of minor healing? Auto-pickup any new ones until I have a full stack.
    • Companion's stat tooltips should show the percentage benefit. If I give my cleric 40 deflection, what's that as a percentage?
    • Invocation should heal injuries, which would make more sense than AD and XP, although I don't mind the AD.
    • A button that inputs @myaccountname in the To: field for quick mailing stuff to alts. I always worry I'm going to mistype and mail to a stranger.
    • Mail from the Auction House has the "Reply" button greyed out. The "Report Spam" button should probably be greyed out as well. (Incredibly unimportant)
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    An option to take all items then delete all mail in the mailbox would be a godsend.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    This is a great list of Quality of Life Suggestions!
    edited June 2013
    More excellent suggestions, I'll add them to the list!

A "take and delete" option would be nice, or auto-delete mail without text/subject or from the AH when the attachment is taken.
  • izoeizoe Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like this list! Dude you should seriously post this agian in there development tab or try and get this to one of the Dev's. I'm brand new to the game, *like I haven't got a chance to play it yet* but judgeing from the displeasure of all the players here on the forums I can't even imagine the state in which the game is in. Dude you got a great list going here, this needs to get into the hands of the Devs.
    edited June 2013
    Forums are typically cranky, cranky places. Don't let it get to you. There are real problems to be addressed, but the game is also quite fun.
  • m1nuendm1nuend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A button that inputs @myaccountname in the To: field for quick mailing stuff to alts. I always worry I'm going to mistype and mail to a stranger.

A different way to do it, is to click "reply" to your own mails in inbox.

For some reason, I can't write
    39275e2ac4.jpg
    edited June 2013
    m1nuend wrote: »
    A different way to do it, is to click "reply" to your own mails in inbox.

For some reason, I can't write

Maybe a better way to do it would be to make the "default" your @handle instead of the "character@handle", and have it disappear if you click on the To: field. If you don't put anything, it just sends the mail to your account.
    edited July 2013
    Added a few more. :)