test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

i really like this game

jackalofdeathjackalofdeath Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
i just downloaded this today, and ive played pretty much every mmo under the sun. i steered clear of getting hyped for this game because of being burned by cryptic before. but what there is right now is the base for a very good mmo to be built.

i find the combat really enjoyable , I am unsure how they are going to proceed with what they have made so far.

Will we see new classes and races that offer way different experiences? How will the questlines and story play out?
I'd love to see cryptic actually support this mmo post-launch for a change.
Post edited by jackalofdeath on

Comments

• zellexzellex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Come back to this post in a couple weeks and give us an update on how ya feel =) hehe
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zellex wrote: »
    Come back to this post in a couple weeks and give us an update on how ya feel =) hehe

A couple of weeks? I give him a week at most before he responds with "I'm quitting the game." If he responds at all.
  • cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Indeed there is a base for a very good MMO to be built, as you say, but sadly Cryptic proves time and time again they aren't competent enough to do it. This game really needs a more capable developer, but I'm sure all PWE cares about is whoever will do the work the cheapest...you get what you pay for.
  • pregnablepregnable Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    TL;DR

Come back every half hour for the next 400 days and let us know how you are you are feeling. Include enough detail so that we could totally recreate the scene with watercolors in mariopaint.
  • tahera1tahera1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    what there is right now is the base for a very good mmo to be built.

I can +1 that.
  • mrz1mmersmrz1mmers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    krumple01 wrote: »
    A couple of weeks? I give him a week at most before he responds with "I'm quitting the game." If he responds at all.

Yeah right, I've played 4 characters to 60 and enjoyed every minute of it, and am still enjoying it....though finding myself a little bored and really hoping the new classes are coming soon lately, but in any event, the game's far from perfect, it's got it's share of bugs, annoyances, and things I don't agree with, not a single one of them are a deal breaker for me...... but then I didn't go in with the expectation that the game would be perfect, it's an MMO, I KNEW there would be issues, some of them might NEVER be solved, but as long as the content and classes keep rolling..... I'll still keep playing!
    edited June 2013
    mrz1mmers wrote: »
    Yeah right, I've played 4 characters to 60 and enjoyed every minute of it, and am still enjoying it....though finding myself a little bored and really hoping the new classes are coming soon lately, but in any event, the game's far from perfect, it's got it's share of bugs, annoyances, and things I don't agree with, not a single one of them are a deal breaker for me...... but then I didn't go in with the expectation that the game would be perfect, it's an MMO, I KNEW there would be issues, some of them might NEVER be solved, but as long as the content and classes keep rolling..... I'll still keep playing!

You are quite a bit more optimistic than I am. Let me share a nice little experience I had today.

A guild run in Karrandax. So there is no blame for a pug. We get to the boss fight and I disconnect. I never disconnect or very rarely if I do. But instead of putting me back in the boss fight, it puts me at the camp outside. So the rest of the party has to fight 4 man. It's not that hard but they wiped at 50%. No problem. We regroup, wait for res sickness to go away and go back in. Everything is good but at 15% health on Karrandax the cleric disconnects and we try to maintain but can't keep up, managed to get him to about 10% before we were overwhelmed. No problem, things happen right? The cleric returns, but guess where he ends up? At the entrance of the dungeon. We cleared the dungeon completely so he shouldn't have a problem getting back to the boss right? Almost the entire dungeon respawned except for bosses and the occasional spawn group. We had to go back to the entrance fighting through mobs to help the cleric back to the boss. Alright and then we take down the boss as it should have gone the first time to end up with no one getting any t2 loot and it was DD. Not a single person got any t2 items. This is taking no short cuts, not pushing any mobs off cliffs (not that there are a whole lot of spots to push in Karrandax run anyway) to have random crashes and bugs along with it. To re fight a dungeon we had already cleared for nothing good at all. Complete waste of time, effort and nothing to show for it. Except missing injury kits.
  • pinkleetpinkleet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You didn't bring the "loot enhancing scrolls" with yah and thats why you got zilch. What's the point of doing any dungeons without the scrolls man? Silly rabbit.. :)
  • gaatorgaator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104
    edited June 2013
    krumple01 wrote: »
    You are quite a bit more optimistic than I am. Let me share a nice little experience I had today.

A guild run in Karrandax. So there is no blame for a pug. We get to the boss fight and I disconnect. I never disconnect or very rarely if I do. But instead of putting me back in the boss fight, it puts me at the camp outside. So the rest of the party has to fight 4 man. It's not that hard but they wiped at 50%. No problem. We regroup, wait for res sickness to go away and go back in. Everything is good but at 15% health on Karrandax the cleric disconnects and we try to maintain but can't keep up, managed to get him to about 10% before we were overwhelmed. No problem, things happen right? The cleric returns, but guess where he ends up? At the entrance of the dungeon. We cleared the dungeon completely so he shouldn't have a problem getting back to the boss right? Almost the entire dungeon respawned except for bosses and the occasional spawn group. We had to go back to the entrance fighting through mobs to help the cleric back to the boss. Alright and then we take down the boss as it should have gone the first time to end up with no one getting any t2 loot and it was DD. Not a single person got any t2 items. This is taking no short cuts, not pushing any mobs off cliffs (not that there are a whole lot of spots to push in Karrandax run anyway) to have random crashes and bugs along with it. To re fight a dungeon we had already cleared for nothing good at all. Complete waste of time, effort and nothing to show for it. Except missing injury kits.

Theres an easy solution, if the teams checkpoint is at the last campsite leaving through the door and re-entering will place you at the correct checkpoint in zone. ***.

edit - lol **** is censored... what a joke.

all im saying is ****, that is not vulgar like ****. i am not a 9 year old and neither is this community. **this cage, PWE.
  • rodostorodosto Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    See if you will say that title again after a month or so lol.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    gaator wrote: »
    all im saying is n o o b, that is not vulgar like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. i am not a 9 year old and neither is this community. F this cage, PWE.

"D a m n" is also censored, I am getting a sort of mid-50s blue rinse American bible belt vibe from that :)
    edited June 2013
    Theres an easy solution, if the teams checkpoint is at the last campsite leaving through the door and re-entering will place you at the correct checkpoint in zone. nub.

edit - lol nube is censored... what a joke.

lol. Um no you can no longer do this. If you try to leave out the entrance it says waiting for your party. So why not check stuff before you actually say it like someone isn't aware?
  • lpsxlpsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    i am starting 2enjoy reading the post & threads more & more......
    it seems i am playing less & less & reading more & more.............

:)
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i just downloaded this today, and ive played pretty much every mmo under the sun. i steered clear of getting hyped for this game because of being burned by cryptic before. but what there is right now is the base for a very good mmo to be built.

i find the combat really enjoyable , I am unsure how they are going to proceed with what they have made so far.

Will we see new classes and races that offer way different experiences? How will the questlines and story play out?
    I'd love to see cryptic actually support this mmo post-launch for a change.

New races and classes are coming. Hopefully these will come with race and class quests like the current ones do to add a bit of difference as you play through the game on various characters. We'll have to wait to see how the storyline plays out. I expect the support of the game to be in line with the income generated from the game.
  • pilfropilfro Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its a really good game, some people think its their job to whine about how crappy the game they play is no matter what. They are same people who call sports radio shows to complain about their team even though they are having a good season.
  • khatzhaskhatzhas Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Theres an easy solution, if the teams checkpoint is at the last campsite leaving through the door and re-entering will place you at the correct checkpoint in zone.
    Are you sure that is still valid?
    i am not a 9 year old and neither is this community. F this cage, PWE.
    You might want to edit that post. The filter is set up to enforce some of the forum rules, for when the posters are unable to stick to their own promise.

Its generally the kids who thing that spouting obscenities in general conversation or insulting random strangers is 'cool'. Generally the more mature posters don't feel the need.