test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

celestial coins being reset

shinkyroscityshinkyroscity Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
so i logged in just now and for the second time i noticed the game saying your celestial coins have been set to 0. can anyone give me a reason why? i didn't spend them or anything.
Post edited by shinkyroscity on

Comments

• Options
    sanmercisanmerci Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you've gone more than 24 hours without praying, your celestial coins get reset. I think there's actually a specific time window, something like 20-28 hours from the beginning of the last cycle, but I don't know precisely what it is.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sanmerci wrote: »
    If you've gone more than 24 hours without praying, your celestial coins get reset. I think there's actually a specific time window, something like 20-28 hours from the beginning of the last cycle, but I don't know precisely what it is.

It's 30 hours. (Shows up as 1d 5h when you invoke because it's 1d 5h 59m 59s and it rounds down)
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    wow is that new?
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    wow is that new?

Nope. It has been there.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    owell thx all.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There are 2 categories of celestial coins. One resets if you don't invoke for the specified period of time, the other doesn't.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Sort of. The celestial coin resets after 30 hours with no praying, the ardent coin does not.
  • Options
    varwevarwe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ardent coins do not reset. You can go 6 months without playing and then come back on and all your Ardent coins will still be there. There is also no limit to how many of those you can aquire. Most of the things that you buy with Ardent coins take lots of them (some items well over 100).

Celestial coins DO reset back to zero if you do not invoke for a 30 hour period. You are limited to having no more than 7 Celestial coins at once (which means you can never "lose" more than 7), and the most "expensive" thing you can buy with Celestial coins only costs 7 coins.

Think of Ardent coins as a longer-term investment sort of thing, and Celestial coins as a special "perk" or reward for those who log in and play every single day.
  • Options
    mindohirmindohir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, something has definitely been off - because earlier this week I lost my celecstial coins on all but one character.
    And I had been online and done invocation more than once a day and I know for a fact that the day where they were gone I had done my invocation late afternoon the day before, but it was before noon on the day that my celestial coins were lost.
    And again today I have lost my celestial coins - though only on one character.
    Something is definitely off in the way that they measure the time between invocations!
    (Yesterday I did my invocation at around 10 am CET, and today I was just online and did it at 08:30 AM CET) That is LESS than 24 hours!
  • Options
    mrspumamrspuma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Actually, I logged in today and I thought I had lost some Celestial Coins on some characters too. A lot of them had 0/7, and I was pretty sure most of them weren't at 0 when I went to bed last night. It's never happened to me personally before, tho, so I figured it was some minor glitch from the patching last night.

I didn't really mind much, since the perks of C. coins aren't much to me. if I had lost the Ardent coins, tho ... that would peeve me a bit. I'm saving them all for that purple healer companion. ;)