test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

observations and suggestions

gantoris007gantoris007 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hello there,

Experienced STO player here. I started neverwinter recently, have my first lvl 60 character, trickster rogue. once lvld to max, I had some negative game experiences. Here is my feedback, and some suggestions.

Missions:
1) I can hardly ever get into dungeons, ever, through the public Q's. even during DD events. ( could we please establish a cryptic / community endorsed dungeon chat channel structly for ppl looking for dungeons? This would be similar to the "STF" or "EliteSTF" channels in the star trek online verse"

2) can't get into skirmishes. same problem. (at lvl 60 there is only one skirming. nobody wants to do it, and when we DO get in it really is rather hard for new lvl 60's) --> we could open lower level dungeons up to lvl 60 players, with the enemies SCALED to match player levels. this is also something that has already been done by cryptic in star trek online.

3) foundry is entertaining, but requiring x4 missions is unrealistic. I can *never* get this many done, especially as there are other time-gated events goin on. far better to make mission rewards scale (duration-dependent) (also like star trek online....)

Mechanics:
4) the 'scrolls of identification' mechanic is not scaled properly. because at lvl 60 now you have to use 125AD scrolls of identification, i'm *ALWAYS* AD poor. This is not an effective currency sink to manage the economy. It feels like resources "wasted" rather than resources spent. especially when.....
---> as a result, it's no longer economical to sell your green loot to vendors. (1 silver for unidentified drops, rather than a few gold for an identified one...)
*and*
---> as a result, I can no longer use missions as a way of consistently generating gold.
*and*
--> as a result of this, I can't afford basic things like health potions or injury kits.

***As a result, although I am a max level character, I am now comparatively poorer and weaker than I ever was when levelling up my character. I am often frustrated and unable unable to play content, and when I AM able to play, I feel quite underpowered.***

> please. this is simply solved. make it so that we purchase scrolls of identification with gold instead of astral diamonds.

(also, in star trek online, if all of a sudden we were required to spend dilithium to get health potions or injury kits, the community would riot.... Green vendor trash gear is NOT something that should be gated with convertible currency... -_-)

Gauntelgrym:

5)I checked out gauntelgrym today. 1st phase was fun. 2nd phase was also fun. our team won PVP.
---> but at the end even though i had the share scrolls to get into the dwarf king dungeon, I *couldnt' get into a dungeon team through the public Q.* the time for the event elapsed, and I missed out.
---> This made me feel as if I had wasted my time again. I play trickster rogue WELL man...! but still I'm simply not able to participate.

.....so what this means is,

even though there is content there, at endgame I end up wasting a lot of time, for little or no reward. (AD or gold)
The levelling process is good, and the story is good. but now in comparision i feel like i'm constantly spinning my wheels furiously and not able to everywhere.... while the "gas" bill eats through all my remaining AD and gold pieces.

So....

1) some sort of alterations to the Q system
2) change currency for identification scrolls
3) time-scaled rewards for foundry.

This would cure ALL our ills, and best of all you can reliably know that it works by looking at StarTrekOnline.....

-Tanthius
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dalaighdalaigh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Once we reach max level there is really no purpose to granting experience as a reward. Please consider granting Astral Diamond instead of experience once the level cap is reached. This would help both standard game quests and Foundry missions.
  • Options
    fledmagicianfledmagician Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dalaigh wrote: »
    Once we reach max level there is really no purpose to granting experience as a reward. Please consider granting Astral Diamond instead of experience once the level cap is reached. This would help both standard game quests and Foundry missions.

it would also make it absurdly easy to gather zen. so no.