test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Having trouble casting arcane singularity / targetted abilities issue?

kazgar99kazgar99 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
It clicks repeatedly asking for targetting, if i target someone it fires a magic missile off instead, if i press the hotkey a few times then click it sometimes works sometimes doesnt, this has only happened since the last patch, never had a problem with it before, could fire it anywhere on the ground and it would work just fine. Im not sure if its just that ability or any other non targetted abilities? Im aware not everyone is having this problem.
Post edited by kazgar99 on

Comments

• ozball1ozball1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've got the same issues with my Cleric. All my AoE targetted abilities require me to hit the hotkey a second time to use them, you no longer can use the mouse click to fire the spell.

Reproduction:
    Slot any AoE targeted abilities on your bar (Astral Shield, Daunting Light, Chains of Blazing Light, etc)
    Press the hotkey for the power to bring up the targeting circle
    Click in attempt to cast, gives you a error message "Requires Target" and doesn't fire
    Press hotkey a second time and spell fires as normal. (Note this is normal and always been doable, it's the previous step that is the bug)

Also worth noting that if you have the targeting circle up and you mouse over an enemy and click it will use your At Will power that you currently have socketed rather than give you the error message.

In short, targeting circles no longer block the use of LMB At Will powers and the LMB will not fire AoE targeted abilities.
  • kazgar99kazgar99 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    exactly the same situation as me then so its not a power issue its a keyboard / hotkey issue like so many of the other problems post patch and im not changing my whole keyboard setup to US to fix it assuming it will (having the no npc dialogue issue as well and been told thats the fix) shouldnt have to make external changes to deal with an in game bug
  • leirza1leirza1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've used LMB to cast all AoE spells/skills throughout the game, this bug makes it difficult to suddenly re-adjust.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Just FYI, this seemed to go away for me when I set windows to US English keymap- it seems like another victim of the apparently untested changes to localisation code. Both Arcane Singularity and Astral Shield worked in the normal way after I had flipped the keymap.

Yes, it's lamentably poor, but it works.