test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thoughts on Spawn Assaults in PvP

chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Just curious what general thoughts on this are, I know in recent fixes they're making it so you can't RANGE attack from outside of or inside the spawn area, but what about entering the spawn area to attack? I heard do it enough and you get a temp ban, but what do you guys think about it? Just domination? I mean, the team has to be pushed pretty hard to even have the opportunity to leap into the spawn, and it takes some skill, not exploits by the way, to do it (at least for the classes I know best). What do you guys think? Legit? Permissible? Bannable offense? Something to eliminate later with special invisible walls? Perhaps a special point meter for spawns if you can take them? Just curious what people think about this. Also, if you want, discussions about waiting outside of spawns or below them to be sneaky. Thoughts?
Post edited by chudovishye on

Comments

• honoraryorangehonoraryorange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't do it if the other team is still fighting, but if they give up and AFK there I take that to mean they don't mind if I go there too to kill them.
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't do it if the other team is still fighting, but if they give up and AFK there I take that to mean they don't mind if I go there too to kill them.

But suppose you have the advantage, they're still fighting, but you're pushing further and further. Where else to go but up up up?
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    AFAIK, this patch prevents people from spawn camping in pvp and also prevents people from perching on their spawn camp site too.
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    My thoughts are that you guys are pathetic.

Pvp is never a balanced game. afkers dcers, bots, gearscore imbalances and you camp some poor player who through no fault of their own gets stuck on the losing team.

I dc'd entering a match yesterday and ported back in to find one solo GF left being camped by the other team with a one rogue porting in. Suffice to say he was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and I keep killing him over and over. The poor sole GF was probably just trying to get his AD

My bet is that you are rogues because its always a immature rogue camping. You think you are skilled but your class is known to be unbalanced.

You are pathetic.
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Actually I am a rogue, and I don't spawn camp, and I discourage others on my team from doing so...
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I thought graveyard killing was what pvp is. Doesn't the mean you extra win. ? A ban for that would be stupid.
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I camp the spawn zone and heal on the enemy camp all day. If the Dev's don't want you to spawn camp, they would put up invisible walls to prevent entering.

Spawn camping is a part of PvP and always a good lol.
  • linusgorplinusgorp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 47
    edited June 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    [...]but your class is known to be unbalanced.

I so agree.. We need a buff, since its just too **** easy to dodge our skills..
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    I camp the spawn zone and heal on the enemy camp all day. If the Dev's don't want you to spawn camp, they would put up invisible walls to prevent entering.

Spawn camping is a part of PvP and always a good lol.

So you are happy to take a ban then as its now a banned offense. Nice will enjoy reporting you. Bet you cry tears no I was lying is don't spawn camp meh meh
    edited June 2013
    Actually I am a rogue, and I don't spawn camp, and I discourage others on my team from doing so...

same whenever I was winning I would discourage others from doing it. There would always be some moronic half brain rogue that wouldnt stop. Add to ignore easy.Easy now though just screenie and report.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think it's a good change. Although I still think you can cast AoE's. Had a mage (opposing team) cast AS from her spawn point.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

QFT

this is my motto as well
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm a GWF. I was using Mighty Leap to enter spawns. Now, my fun has been removed from me. Why must I suffer?
  • timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'm a GWF. I was using Mighty Leap to enter spawns. Now, my fun has been removed from me. Why must I suffer?

Can I say I love to see you "suffer" while me and the rest of my team enjoy a legit PVP match? You can always quit a PVP anytime, you know.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
    edited June 2013

Your tears taste sweet.