test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mindflayer, Beholder, Dragon.

lyko84lyko84 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi all,

after spending a few hours in game, I have to admit that it is quite a decent game and it is what I was hoping it would be. It's perfect to play together with my fiance.

My, our, question is:
Is it already possible to recommend a server? Are they all located in the US? We live on the West Coast.
We were about to choose Beholder as our server because we think that Dragon and Mindflayer will be the first choice for the younger players within our rows. I'm just wildly speculating it because "Dragon, Mindflayer" most likely sound cooler for the younger generations. On the other hand it wouldn't be very nice if we'd end up on an empty server.

Thank you,
Post edited by lyko84 on

Comments

• ixothixoth Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Like said servers will be merged.
  • lyko84lyko84 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ixoth wrote: »
    Like said servers will be merged.

Oh. Didn't know that.

Thanks.
  • battlebeard2battlebeard2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Do we know when?? Also, is there any way to change once you pick one? I picked Mindflayer, and have since found out that quite a few people I know are on Dragon.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Do we know when?? Also, is there any way to change once you pick one? I picked Mindflayer, and have since found out that quite a few people I know are on Dragon.
    Nope, either wait until they merge the shards or create an alt on your desired server.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I play on Mindflayer so that's all you need to know. Play on my server or cower on another. :D
  • gulrakdarkgulrakdark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lyko84 wrote: »
    Hi all,

after spending a few hours in game, I have to admit that it is quite a decent game and it is what I was hoping it would be. It's perfect to play together with my fiance.

My, our, question is:
    Is it already possible to recommend a server? Are they all located in the US? We live on the West Coast.
    We were about to choose Beholder as our server because we think that Dragon and Mindflayer will be the first choice for the younger players within our rows. I'm just wildly speculating it because "Dragon, Mindflayer" most likely sound cooler for the younger generations. On the other hand it wouldn't be very nice if we'd end up on an empty server.

Thank you,

Save yourself now, leave this game, uninstall it and never think of it again! Many a victim wondered in seeing the "decent" game that this looked to be, that was until they stumbled upon the nasty bugs! Bugs everywhere, an epic infestation! You are then left wanting to play the game because of the core combat mechanics being fun but everything else is not, you then hope and hope they fix things and fix it right.

On the other hand if you do still want to wander into the game, choose Beholder! It's funny but I had the same thought in regards to the shard names, I was never going to join a shard named Dragon, I could imagine the kind of crowd such a generic name would draw. It also happens to be the most populated shard AFAIK, heh.

Anyway, welcome, I am sure you will likely enjoy the varied PVE zones on the way to lvl 60 along with any ventures you make into some good foundry content.
  • khatzhaskhatzhas Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    All the servers are around the same physical locations, so there is no "West Coast" or European server" for example.
    Mindflayer is the best for roleplaying, if that is a factor. Beholder has the lowest population I believe.

Beyond that, there isn't much to choose from. If you have friends who play, check which server they are on, otherwise, just choose.
  • torridtempertorridtemper Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd say Mindflayer if you want some population, but not all of it. But honestly, you're going to come across rude people and the like anyway. I play Mindflayer and Beholder (definitely smallest population) and I have a hard time getting dungeons/skirmishes put together sometimes, so I'd really recommend Dragon if you want the ease.
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You are basing the age of people on a server by how "cool" they sound? This made me LOL.
  • suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    skalt112 wrote: »
    You are basing the age of people on a server by how "cool" they sound? This made me LOL.

The funny thing is it's mostly true.