test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Okay, Alchemy Level 20... is this a joke?

taenetaene Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So, I suppose I should have guessed by the common L20 tasks in alchemy that there may not be much reason to level up alc past L7 (where the dye's are) - but I had hoped that maybe a good rare task was simply not visible...

Nope, there are no dye's past L7 and no real reason to invest in alchemy past 14 I suppose. There are a couple of interesting potions (25% AP fill, 50% endurance + 6k hp) but as those are PVE only and not PVP, there is no way someone would pay the material costs for those - much less allow for any margin of profit to justify the expense to lvl the craft.

So, am I missing something for this craft, or is Alchemy the joke craft relative to every other? (I have all crafts at L20 for the record).

PW, please add some nice dye's at the top end, perhaps based on rare drops from monsters or something. Colors that would really draw buyers in. OR PvE potions could be another rare craft in alchemy... something.

Anyway, advice to all - just level to L7 and then relax and gather mats or something that can earn you some income past L7 - leveling the craft isn't worth it currently.

-T
Post edited by taene on

Comments

• Options
    platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm nowhere near L20 with Alchemy but I've looked ahead at the higher level tasks and noticed the complete lack of any reason to get there. They seriously let everyone down with high-end Alchemy. Maybe they'll add something later but to release a 'New Profession!!!' in this state was ridiculous. It wasn't release worthy at all.

Thanks for the heads up Taene!
  • Options
    wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    They do not want you to ever get anything of value from their dip**** game without getting out your credit card and paying $$$.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Leadership seems to be the only one worth using at 20 once you've managed to craft the epic shirt and trousers you want.

The making of potions is a good idea but when you combine it with the grindy time based nature of the crafting system it loses it's value very quickly.

Even at low levels of the craft you're expected to think that 25minutes or so to make 1 tiny healing potion is a good thing when you could spend that same amount of time in game killing stuff and buying multiple potions with the resulting cash. And thats not even taking into account the time it takes to gather and process the ingredients.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    taene wrote: »
    So, I suppose I should have guessed by the common L20 tasks in alchemy that there may not be much reason to level up alc past L7 (where the dye's are) - but I had hoped that maybe a good rare task was simply not visible...

Nope, there are no dye's past L7 and no real reason to invest in alchemy past 14 I suppose. There are a couple of interesting potions (25% AP fill, 50% endurance + 6k hp) but as those are PVE only and not PVP, there is no way someone would pay the material costs for those - much less allow for any margin of profit to justify the expense to lvl the craft.

So, am I missing something for this craft, or is Alchemy the joke craft relative to every other? (I have all crafts at L20 for the record).

PW, please add some nice dye's at the top end, perhaps based on rare drops from monsters or something. Colors that would really draw buyers in. OR PvE potions could be another rare craft in alchemy... something.

Anyway, advice to all - just level to L7 and then relax and gather mats or something that can earn you some income past L7 - leveling the craft isn't worth it currently.

-T

How the heck did you get all professions to lvl 20 ? I am still closing in on my first at lvl 19. Takes years. I gave up on alchemy at lvl 4. At least till I get my first profession to 20. Getting a profession to 20 I think is the hardest thing to do in this game lol.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How the heck did you get all professions to lvl 20 ? I am still closing in on my first at lvl 19. Takes years. I gave up on alchemy at lvl 4. At least till I get my first profession to 20. Getting a profession to 20 I think is the hardest thing to do in this game lol.

It's not hard. Just time consuming and you can cut that time down with AD.
  • Options
    platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    It's not hard. Just time consuming and you can cut that time down with AD.

Yep. I have 3 at 20 (all but leadership, leatherworking, and alchemy) and the Gateway made it easy, but time consuming.

In my opinion, I think it's easier to level 2 character's professions at once. With my GF I went with Platesmithing first, then Mailsmithing. At the same time I leveled Plate with my GF, I was leveling Tailoring with my CW, and I'm working on Leatherworking now.

Platesmithing and Mailsmithing have 2 tools in common. So does Tailoring and Leatherworking. This makes it more efficient to combine those professions to the same character. But again, just my opinion. I was able to get Platesmithing and Tailoring to 20 at about the same time this way.
  • Options
    yarboneyarbone Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How the heck did you get all professions to lvl 20 ?

spending money on zen to ad conversions and clicking finish now.

...or having all the time to spend on it and acting like that is normal is a response i am sure i will get.
  • Options
    kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Alchemy provides possibility to craft 2 flasks:
    +225 crit, pover, recovery and 7.5% crit severity
    +225 defence, deflect and 1k HP
    Alchemy also gives you distilled potions: combined effect of normal potion and rejuvenation.
    Just looking at 20 lvl tasks isn't enough: you must discover recipies via experiments.
  • Options
    lorentzo02lorentzo02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    alchemy need more stuffs build
  • Options
    chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think it's hilarious people starting investing in alchemy before it was really soldified at least somewhat. I made a ton of AD on a blue alchemist during the recent boom. Totally worthless at the moment, focus on the other crafts to make AD.
  • Options
    taenetaene Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've completed about 2 dozen experiments, though I may have had a bad run of luck in finding the new recipes Kerro - I'll give it a shot a bit longer. Though those potions alone won't justify the craft I'm afraid.

Most of the crafts are very simple to hit L20 on if you're persistent and know what to focus on, I'm happy to provide advice on any of them if you wish - can PM me.

As to Alc, I did power some of the levels with AD as the experiment task, from which you get the alc knowledge, only costs 400ad per purchase w/ a GM alc (got a lucky profession pack acquisition) and so I simply ate those with AD to get my knowledge. I think I went from 15-20 with about 150k as I really wanted to get it finished and see... well, oops - lol.

Leadership is the hardest as there are no tasks that offer more than 240, and frankly why you could choose the xp only quest vs. a chest or ad rewards one is beyond me.

Here's to hoping that PW will provide something, even if it's strictly a vanity item such as gold, iridescent, or some other unique color dye pack.

Thanks for letting me vent.

-T
  • Options
    mrspumamrspuma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There were a couple of lvl20 potions that sounded cool to me, but after getting Alchemy to lvl7 I was tired of the ever growing frowny-lines on my face and stopped bothering. I may go back to it, or do a task on it once in a blue moon, but it's definitely not my focus. Then I learned that the number of dyes you get in the pack are tool-quality based, I believe, which deflated my motivation even more.

For me, the number of things you have to have for even the basic tasks drove me nuts. It feels worse than the "craft ore, craft plates, craft pants" aspect of the others. It makes me sad tho, because Alchemy is one of those professions I typically like a lot in most RPG's/games. Just not in this one. I find Leadership the most fun/rewarding, for my playstyle, here. :)
  • Options
    dragonwraith00dragonwraith00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wolfrat14 wrote: »
    They do not want you to ever get anything of value from their dip**** game without getting out your credit card and paying $$$.

Sounds like someone needs quit playing, quit posting, and move on since it just seems your wasting your own time and not enjoying the game.

As for alchemy, like others have mentioned, I could have sworn they stated that experimenting was the best way to find special combinations of potions.