test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

For the devs

gdante7111111gdante7111111 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The people at cryptic dont quite know what there doing. Their bad the mechanics are terrible, there are 10 buttons and more then 3 letters you can use to attack. But only use 2 numbers and 3 letters its a joke, these rare and very rare items. rare and very rare how, they have just a few numbers higher then the uncommon items. So not rare and very rare, also not balanced if it was balanced everyone would dodge. How is something balanced when one has the advantage over the other, and the armor and weapon stats are unbalanced. Also the last boss and some of the enemys in general, in dungeons and not in dungeons are op. And the mobs that come out at the last boss, they dont stop you dont have a chance to attack the boss. Because mobs keep coming so in that part its unbalanced, The solution is there but (the devs at cryptic) are stubborn.

The solution:

There are some solutions that you will not do because you dont want to put the time to do it, I will put beside the solution (short time) the ones that will take you the shortest time.

1. Make the stats of all items rings, belts etc, higher.

2. Balance the armor and weapon stats.

3. debuff some enemys in the dungeons and the boss itself, or just the boss by 20%; just the boss would be the best (short time)

4. Make mobs in the last boss not spawn as often as they do (short time)

5. make it 6 in a party (short time)

P.S This is not live this is close beta, people who get upset because an mmo is still in close beta for a year or so. Or in open beta for a year or so, they have problems. This is what happens when you rush (this mmo,) unbalanced, glitches, bugs etc.
Post edited by gdante7111111 on

Comments

• kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "new MMOs" are coming out all the time - which ones specifically are you waiting for?

I don't understand why, after everything you've typed, you're still willing to invest / waste time in a game that you know you will be leaving?!?

You are the exact type of person that Cryptic / PWE are looking for - the ones that complain but still continue to play.

It's similar to the 'I hate this game, it's so bad - all I do now is log on a few time a day to pray and do crafting via the gateway'.!?!?!?
  • lpsxlpsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    all i do now is log on few time a day to read threads & posts more fun....:D
  • anzentantouanzentantou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    auction house system is bugged. its response time is too laggy where if someone outbids you on the 1min mark you can't outbid them. what kind of b******* is that? auction houses should stay up for bid till that last second.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Your solutions of buffing and rejigging gear doesnt solve your complaint about the number of skills you can actively use at any given time. Unless your favourites are lower damage skills and you're trying a roundabout way of asking for them to be buffed.

People not dodging is down to either them not paying attention and being blinkered to anything but hitting the boss. Or more likely the case I find where I dodge but due to latency the dodge is apparently too late and you rubberband back into the big hit. Adding a second onto the warning marker might work but would mean the mobs would have to have a longer wind up to the hit. There is of course the final boss in dread valt where orbs cause the entire floor to turn red at whichpoint it becomes a crapshoot as to whether or not a tantacle will be slamming down on top of you.

Boss fights arent mindless dpszergs on the boss, THIS IS A GOOD THING! They are however a bit predictable and the targetting system could do with more work so that if you're fighting a dragon the presence of it's wing doesnt yank you away from the target you're actually aiming at.

It's past the closed beta by quite a ways but to my mind is still more like the open beta/soft launch side of things. Companion manuals should have been put in at "launch" amoungst other things but instead the store gets more pets of a higher than white quality to encourage the spending of cash.

Other change the game needs is a general reduction in the XP gained from questing and invoking. It is far far too easy to outlevel what content there is and going back to faceroll a zone is never something people will consider to be fun.