test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Helm hold: Unable to turn mission in, Game locks

purvee1purvee1 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I completed a pair of missions I'd picked up before the patch, everything worked just fine. Went to turn them in.
See here for status on missions, and NPC contact:
u47iFWu.jpg

When I go to turn them in, the dialogue system engages normally, then I get this:

9JiolOS.jpg

All controls are locked out, there is no text dialogue, and nothing to click on. The only way to unlock the computer is to Start task manager and kill NW. The engine isn't frozen however as the NPC is still moving.

I restarted the game and the results were identical.
Obviously I'm totally unable to advance in the game.

Thanks.
Post edited by purvee1 on

Comments

• dodecadodeca Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Repeatedly pressing the escape key and clicking outside of the dialogue area should allow you to exit the 'conversation' - however if your game is anything like mine, it will be the same with every single NPC.

As it stands, it's impossible to accept or turn in quests, access most stores... or basically anything that requires any interaction with an NPC. Which in an MMORPG basically means "you're ****ed".

Which isn't ideal. It doesn't seem to be affecting everyone, but still enough to require an emergency fix.
  • loftenwordloftenword Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Started playing the game last night and everything was fine. Logged in this morning and have the same problem with all NPCs. Cant play
  • zzyklon90zzyklon90 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    After patch i have same problem.
  • madbadbatmadbadbat Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have the same issue. I tried talking to Rhix and got the same blank dialog box. I was able to exit the Rhix conversation, but then later when I tried to turn in my "bless the bodies" quest in Helm's Hold, I got stuck...I couldn't escape the dialog box and had to completely quit out of the game.
  • xutaluxxutalux Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have the exact same issue.
    I've even un-installed the game and re-installed to find the same problem.

I then installed the game on another machine I had, which was the first time, and guess what the same issue.
    So to me it is something to do with my account.

They only thing different I've done, other than the patch is use the Neverwinter Gateway Profession page last night and earlier on today. Then I tried to login and play the game and I get this.