test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DC in pvp

shod24shod24 Member Posts: 33
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
I have all classes, i enjoy all of them in pvp, all less DC. I prubed righteous, now faithfull...i dont know what i can do...

So i ask to others DCs, how do you think about DC in PVP now?

PD: LOL, i have played a pvp match right now and i ended First, really awesome, in this life there is nothing worst to open your mouth xD
Post edited by shod24 on

Comments

• degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Run around healing your team until you get killed. Rinse and repeat.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • tapp3rtapp3r Member Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    Heal and die (usually you simply just die), over and over again, and get less rewards than everyone else. No enjoyment at all, it's just not fun to play Devoted Cleric. I don't PvP on my DC anymore, I rerolled GWF and now I'm actually having fun. That's the solution, not a special specc or gear, just make a new character of a much better class.
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Well good ole Jack Burton always says. - Only good Cleric is a dead Cleric in PvP.
  • thejadeemperorthejadeemperor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Praise God and thank him for at least giving you 1k AD per match, up to 4K daily. Also thank the developers for giving you a tiny reward even if your score is dead last in the match.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like playing DC if I end up in a halfway competent group. Otherwise it ends up being 15 minutes of misery.
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Healing is OP in PvP and needs to be removed. Death Matches only.
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its such a mixed bag being a cleric in pvp. Most of the time I end up getting rolled every time I get near a control point. Of course this isn't helped by the fact that people constantly drop match if their team doesn't control mid first. Even if it stays 5v5, as a cleric I am all buy required to stay with my team. Practically no chance to ninja cap vs people with at least half a brain.

Now thats not to say that I don't occasionally get paired against some noobs and I get 5-6 kills to go with my 50 assists.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • roundeyeddevilroundeyeddevil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Watch the pvp videos that Lemonade Stand posted in this thread http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?336781-Lemonade-Stand-taking-premade-v-premade-requests

Should make you a believer that DC is viable in pvp.
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    Healing is OP in PvP and needs to be removed. Death Matches only.

I do agree. I have always said that PvP means. Player vs Player. I don't want any Player vs Watch me heal in my arena. That has nothing to do with PvP.
  • insomeatinsomeat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Currently with the Cleric PvP issues going on for so long I would suggest you have two options:

1. Re-roll any of the other classes which are actually viable and fun in PvP
    or
    2. Give the game a break and keep checking in hoping things will improve and trusting you will still have interest in the game after all that time has passed (personally trying Marvel Heroes now, should be good for at least one play through the storyline).
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    insomeat wrote: »
    Currently with the Cleric PvP issues going on for so long I would suggest you have two options:

1. Re-roll any of the other classes which are actually viable and fun in PvP
    or
    2. Give the game a break and keep checking in hoping things will improve and trusting you will still have interest in the game after all that time has passed (personally trying Marvel Heroes now, should be good for at least one play through the storyline).

the game has had more than enough time to fix the cleric class after the patch which they included a note that stated that clerics would be adjusted sometime after the patch cause they were going to be at a known disadvantage
    edited June 2013
    Yeah... they should probably make Clerics their main priority right now, it should be an easy fix. Think we're gonna see a whole bunch of quitters soon sadly. I've temporarily quit my Cleric while I'm waiting for a fix.
  • g0ld3n4c3g0ld3n4c3 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Field Medic is awesome. I had scored 1k glory from just being a real DC.

So relaxing btw
  • joangruberjoangruber Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My experiences with Cleric PvP consist of dying, then dying and then dying some more. Unless the team we play against is poorly skilled/geared, and our team is better all around, then I might actually stay alive and get some kills even. Healing is not OP, if you die when rogue just looks at you funny. A rogue can pretty much kill me in less than a second, even I have my astral shield on. I think that's a bit strange... not having so much fun with Cleric in PvP so I end up doing just the daily and then quitting. Leveling up a rogue, just because they are annoying as hell. And with my CW, the PvP experience is much better.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Run around healing your team until you get killed. Rinse and repeat.

That's my experience... Avoid GF who can knock you out of your circle and stun lock you to death. Otherwise become a herd animal and hide in the back of the group.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    g0ld3n4c3 wrote: »
    Field Medic is awesome. I had scored 1k glory from just being a real DC.

So relaxing btw

If you got any PvP score for healing I would agree...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • gigarosgigaros Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Watch the pvp videos that Lemonade Stand posted in this thread http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?336781-Lemonade-Stand-taking-premade-v-premade-requests

Should make you a believer that DC is viable in pvp.

In all those videos he is loaded with elixirs....
  • saved1981saved1981 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I do agree. I have always said that PvP means. Player vs Player. I don't want any Player vs Watch me heal in my arena. That has nothing to do with PvP.

jesus-facepalm-facepalm-jesus-epic-.jpg
  • dreamersundreamersun Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    PvP stands for player verse player then why 5v5, so all you people saying DC sucks in PvP next time a Dc is healing you and he dies cause the other player goes to kill him and leaves you alone and gives you that kill you should thank him cause he saved you a death and gave you a kill that is pvp no that is tvt team vs team... so start complain that you want one on one matches then lets see who is best i would enjoy a 1on1 dc vs gwf trap move heal his ***, trickster blast you away trap heal, so remember that pvp is really tvt and everyone plays there role now the person controlling that role suck then they suck. i play Dc and love it dont care i dont get most damage or most kill but when i see that noone in my team droped on a dungeoun or in pvp when my teammate that are clear the points are staying alive and doing there job and i boosting them like a cleric should.... in the end just give them a thankyou for helping thats what a DC player is a helper there not the solo hero of the day there the one that save the solo hero when he get his *** kicked
    edited June 2013
    dreamersun wrote: »
    PvP stands for player verse player then why 5v5, so all you people saying DC sucks in PvP next time a Dc is healing you and he dies cause the other player goes to kill him and leaves you alone and gives you that kill you should thank him cause he saved you a death and gave you a kill that is pvp no that is tvt team vs team... so start complain that you want one on one matches then lets see who is best i would enjoy a 1on1 dc vs gwf trap move heal his ***, trickster blast you away trap heal, so remember that pvp is really tvt and everyone plays there role now the person controlling that role suck then they suck. i play Dc and love it dont care i dont get most damage or most kill but when i see that noone in my team droped on a dungeoun or in pvp when my teammate that are clear the points are staying alive and doing there job and i boosting them like a cleric should.... in the end just give them a thankyou for helping thats what a DC player is a helper there not the solo hero of the day there the one that save the solo hero when he get his *** kicked

The lack of commas, punctuation and capital letters is too **** high. Disregarded, NEXT!

To answer the topic again... I just read the latest patch notes and we're not getting buffed this time either! I'm almost 60 on my GWF though, so that will probably keep me playing. I don't bother with the Cleric at all now, it's just no fun. Come on, Cryptic! To hell with Gauntlegrym - fix the Cleric!!
  • seraphidseraphid Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    shod24 wrote: »
    I have all classes, i enjoy all of them in pvp, all less DC. I prubed righteous, now faithfull...i dont know what i can do...

So i ask to others DCs, how do you think about DC in PVP now?

PD: LOL, i have played a pvp match right now and i ended First, really awesome, in this life there is nothing worst to open your mouth xD

i suggest u to remove all 3 healing encounters from ur bar and stop qqing that u cant get a kill, cleric can do some heave dmg,but not with astral shield and healing word LOL
  • zxornzxorn Member Posts: 160 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I think a lot of cleric's problem is stacking armor pen and -%def for bonus dmg. The extra dmg from this seriously diminishes their healing effectiveness and doesn't allow them to survive a CC lock.

lol @ good o'l deathmatch
    I would love some dueling, but like gw2 they don't want to draw attention to the horrible hit detection in this game.

The stacking -def switch might be enough for clerics but otherwise they need a lil love in PvP. They also need team members to help protect them. GF slotting Frontline instead of KC or GWF using Stomp instead of Cresendo, trying to go for a kill instead of a battle win by keeping the cleric in the fight.

DC isn't even my personal concept of a cleric. My clerics use blunt weapons and shields and they can melee. Why i'll never play a Priest, errr DC.
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    seraphid wrote: »
    i suggest u to remove all 3 healing encounters from ur bar and stop qqing that u cant get a kill, cleric can do some heave dmg,but not with astral shield and healing word LOL

healing word is awesome in PvP, I won't slot AS but I love it when another cleric does as my cleric plays extremely well with them... in PvP I suggest going with either Healing Word or AS and having 2 attack encounters