test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What skills/attacks can unstealth TR?

zjesminzzjesminz Member Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
For each class especially GWF. Can I use Weapon Master Strike to unstealth TR?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by zjesminz on

Comments

• krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zjesminz wrote: »
    For each class especially GWF. Can I use Weapon Master Strike to unstealth TR?

The only thing that will unstealth a rogue is a whiner cry baby on the forums demanding the devs do something about stealth.
  • noose93noose93 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 38
    edited June 2013
    krumple01 wrote: »
    The only thing that will unstealth a rogue is a whiner cry baby on the forums demanding the devs do something about stealth.

Really mature response. OT; aoe is one way, dont know about GWF skills tho.
  • slashenterslashenter Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If the rogue has the passive 90% stealth loss reduce will be pretty hard.. but you can try with that earthquick daily
  • kynttilakynttila Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    hy am stronk rouge multigladiator skillkaped you nobb cuz i stealthkel then you mad cuz bad. Am all skill best i seen ever.
    please don't nerf my abilities as it reflects straight to my skill - nerf my abilities and you nerf my skill, I don't want to be bad :(

You can try to hit the TR with whatever at-will but I don't see why a tr would stay on range for that, unless hes about to attack you. Damage taken reduces the stealth bar but there is a passive which allows TR to take damage without it affecting the stealth bar as much, 90% reduction iirc. You could stunlock through stealth but have fun wasting your cds if you miss.
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Abilities from other player's don't "unstealth" you. The only thing that "unstealthes" a rogue is the rogue himself. Either by using an encounter ability, activating his horse, or popping a Daily power. You can drain a rogue's stealth by doing damage to him, but that's not really what you're asking.

It should be noted that when a rogue uses an at-will, especially a melee range, then they do become semi-visible. And if you target them before they activate stealth, then you can still see the rogue's outline. Keep these in mind when you're dealing with the stealthy class.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • helgoland123456helgoland123456 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe it was just a bug, but in a PvP match yesterday i marked a rogue (i am a GF) and the Mark (the red cross) was visible even when the rogue himself was invisible. The red cross was floating in the air und moving around.

Has anyone else witnessed something like this? I dont know how exactly this came to be - maybe i "accidently" marked the rogue when he was stealthy, there were several opponents coming from the same direction.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I normally use Roar after I see a rogue, that rush forward to find the shimmer. Then I hit him/her with a Takedown and a Flourish. By then his stealth is shot and my party members are on him if he isn't dead already. Slam is another goodie.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    Abilities from other player's don't "unstealth" you. The only thing that "unstealthes" a rogue is the rogue himself. Either by using an encounter ability, activating his horse, or popping a Daily power. You can drain a rogue's stealth by doing damage to him, but that's not really what you're asking.

It should be noted that when a rogue uses an at-will, especially a melee range, then they do become semi-visible. And if you target them before they activate stealth, then you can still see the rogue's outline. Keep these in mind when you're dealing with the stealthy class.

Abilities don't, but damage does (especially if the Rogue hasn't slotted Tenacious Concealment).
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • druidofdisasterdruidofdisaster Member Posts: 60
    edited June 2013
    krumple01 wrote: »
    A true seeing enchantment. ;)
    I'm not saying it was humans, but it was humans.
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Maybe it was just a bug, but in a PvP match yesterday i marked a rogue (i am a GF) and the Mark (the red cross) was visible even when the rogue himself was invisible. The red cross was floating in the air und moving around.

Has anyone else witnessed something like this? I dont know how exactly this came to be - maybe i "accidently" marked the rogue when he was stealthy, there were several opponents coming from the same direction.

Icy rays does this as well if you only have 1 rune on him. I'm pretty sure there's other things that will "mark" the rogue that I can't think of off the top of my head atm.

This made me think of trying to use the camera lock before they stealth to see if it follows them :)
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

ANY effect will stay on the TR after stealth, Astral Seal, Mark, stuff like that. It's real easy to spot a stealthed rogue exactly like you say; X marks the spot.

Damage reduces stealth, as stated, unless slotted for, also as stated.

Get close enough to TR and you WILL see him, it's a shimmer but the healthbar can be seen...and targeted.

For a GWF fighter it's even easier, just swing that sword until you hit something, or, as stated, any aoe will do.
  • bayne3bayne3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you use your sprint to quickly search your general area, you may catch him/her lurking around. You can see a rogue that's stealthed if he's/she's directly in front of you, but not behind you. Try to cover the visual angles. Then you can encounter them with flourish if you happen to catch a glimpse of them.

edit: sprinting also makes it difficult for the TR to get a proper angle of attack.
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hmmm. There's this one thing GWF's do, an AoE skill that does a little damage and slows us as well. I'm not sure what skill that is, but it's troublesome for my Stealth meter. If I stay in the AoE long enough (and it tends to happen because I get slowed), I get removed from Stealth. Which is why I like having ITC slotted at all times in order to escape CC's. Any and all types of CC helps reduce our Stealth meter and this includes Daze from CW's Steal Time and TR's Dazing Strike/Smoke Bomb, Slow from Icy Terrain and Chill Spells, and the Rooting abilities that does damage as well. This is merely from my observation, however. Basically any CC skill that does even the most minute amount of damage can contribute a lot to removing us from Stealth.