test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Problem with Launcher . Can someone help me ?

capricornus16capricornus16 Member Posts: 62
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Im Clickin Game to start.

Launcher should Appear right ?

And here is the problem i have that launcher "minimalized" and can't Turn him on screen. If you know what i mean.
I have windows 7.

Anyone had so annoying situation ? that he could not turn on launcher ?
Post edited by capricornus16 on

Comments

• czarkazmczarkazm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Try reading the first sticky in this forum, there might be some answers there, I am not quite sure what you mean by "can't turn him on screen"
  • kifla14kifla14 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same thing happening to me when i start the launcher it's minimized and if i try switching tab to neverwinter launcher nothing happens and it just stays minimized.So can't login or play the game the problem started with the game release patch i guess
  • elfesseelfesse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have same issue as well, was before and after patch :(
  • war619war619 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i have the same problem :(....but not yesterday..what can i do ?....(sry for my english, but i'm italian)
  • inexgravinexgrav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, launcher not work... Tried connection 5times unable server bla bla
    Fix it pls

im try 15 times and now connect to game. my in game ping 3000
    pukmp.jpg
    edited June 2013
    o53kv6.jpg

ejzd3p.jpg
    pukmp.jpg
    edited June 2013
    anyone can help ?
    pukmp.jpg
  • krombullkrombull Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think that all of us have same problem. We try to run launcher... that appears minimized... And... Nothing else, we cant maximize. The launcher doesnt shows anything, there
  • kamilabiikamilabii Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Right click, choose run in maximized mode. Ta da.
  • seekeroftechseekeroftech Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe try disabling "on-demand patching" so that the game loads completely, rather than loading as you play? At the top of the launcher: Options -> Disable on-demand patching

Edit: You might also try Bugs Reports Forum.
  • gelopapagelopapa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As mentioned by devlurker (sorry forgot exact name) in another thread, and tried by me also, this fix worked;

Start > regedit.exe > computer > hkey_current_user > software > cryptic > cryptic launcher > windowpos

Make sure your launcher is not open.
    Delete windowpos.
    Open launcher.

Should be displayed like normal now as your computer/launcher was forced to create another windowpos in the system.

AGAIN; THIS IS NOT IN ANY MEANS CONSIDERED "NORMAL" AS TAMPERING WITH THE REGISTRY OF AN OS IN TERMS OF FIXING THINGS SHOULD NO LONGER HAVE TO BE DONE BY A REGULAR GAMER/END-USER.
  • war619war619 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "gelopapa" i have Windows Xp and when i go to : regedit.exe > computer < hkey_current_user > software > cryptic > ...? After "cryptic" i have "Neverwinter" and in "Neverwinter" i have : (Predefinited) - InitialDownload - InstallLanguage - InstallLocation - StartMenuFolder........... can you help me please?????
  • azimnazimn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This worked for me.. Thanks!!!
    Start > regedit.exe > computer > hkey_current_user > software > cryptic > cryptic launcher > windowpos

Delete windowpos.
    Open launcher.
  • foradainforadain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nope, didn't work. Still Unable to Authenticate.
    This seems to be an issue across all Cryptic games with the account server.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • anzentantouanzentantou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so.... is it client itself or do i have to re-install after i uninstall the client to fix the issue?
  • shebardshebard Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am having the exact same issue. I have found that if you click the minimized icon you can still type your password and press enter to play the game. But it is very annoying. Any kind of fix would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I found a solution. Go to the task manager and right click Neverwinter and select maximize. This will permanently fix the issue. At least it did for me.
  • conniechambersconniechambers Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was having the minimized launcher error as well. I'd run it and it would show up in my taskbar but there was no corresponding screen. Alt-Tabbing would show the launcher but I couldn't get the window to appear.
    kamilabii wrote: »

This fixed it for me but here's the long version of the fix.

Go to your desktop shortcut. Right Click.
    Select Properties
    Go to the "Shortcut" tab
    Go to the Run: dropdown and pick Maximized
    Click Apply and then Okay

Restart your Shortcut and it SHOULD load a giant version of the launcher with surrounding white space, but it's very workable.
  • coconutwei1coconutwei1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kamilabii wrote: »

The problem is, the "maximize" button is unclickable.
  • moggwarmoggwar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Right click on the Task Bar button, select Move. Press any cursor key to snap the window to your mouse, move the Launcher Window on to your screen.

The Screen position when you closed was off screen.
  • fyredrake2fyredrake2 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    gelopapa wrote: »
    As mentioned by devlurker (sorry forgot exact name) in another thread, and tried by me also, this fix worked;

Delete windowpos.
    Open launcher.

Should be displayed like normal now as your computer/launcher was forced to create another windowpos in the system.

AGAIN; THIS IS NOT IN ANY MEANS CONSIDERED "NORMAL" AS TAMPERING WITH THE REGISTRY OF AN OS IN TERMS OF FIXING THINGS SHOULD NO LONGER HAVE TO BE DONE BY A REGULAR GAMER/END-USER.

Awesome!! Worked like a charm! Thanks :-)
  • spedonespedone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thx a lot gelopapa <3 that work perfect for me
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just rightclick and adjust the window size to fullscreen, save & exit. Run the launcher, close the launcher. Open the preferences again, then go back to normal window size and save again, then exit.

The launcher should be back to whatever it was before the bug occured.

• spsfreakspsfreak Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This^^^^^ is what worked for me.
  • abigheilabigheil Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    gelopapa wrote: »

Delete windowpos.
    Open launcher.

U are a genious! Not even solutions from cryptic team worked, but urs did! Please apply for a job in cryptic :)
    Many thanks mate :) Love u!