test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bait and Switch in the launcher

thebuckeyethebuckeye Member Posts: 757 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The "Free Item" give away that's being advertised is not really free...the sites that we are directed to ask for us to purchase subscriptions or pay into their cash store for the keys. and So I call bait and switch, and that's not cool bro.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thebuckeye wrote: »
    The "Free Item" give away that's being advertised is not really free...the sites that we are directed to ask for us to purchase subscriptions or pay into their cash store for the keys. and So I call bait and switch, and that's not cool bro.

Not all of them ask you to pay. Only one of the sites (the ign one) actually asked me to pay anything. Though another did want me to earn their forum coins or some junk.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • starlitenlstarlitenl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The only site that asks you to do that is IGN afaik, I sucessfully claimed 2 packs on 2 different sites without paying a single thing.
  • krahctkrahct Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Standard practice in f2Play business model, they get kickbacks if you pay the other company. It's a bidness bro. It's not our game.
    "I never make mistakes, I once thought I did but I was wrong"
  • maderiamaderia Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There were very few keys available. This was disappointing.
  • senrathmenrusenrathmenru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Only IGN requires any payment (it also has the best rewards, although they're not worth the cost of the subscription). The real problem was that these sites had, like, 10k keys or less each and they went fast.
  • osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Everytime I delete and remake another alt I get a free gift from Cryptic :D Is that what you mean? It is a free item, or a few items even got dyes out of it.
  • nbppp1nbppp1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got the free key. Got the item. It says I can only unlock it with zen. So basically I have to earn a bunch of zen or I have to pay for it. That doesn't feel very free :P.
  • senrathmenrusenrathmenru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nbppp1 wrote: »
    I got the free key. Got the item. It says I can only unlock it with zen. So basically I have to earn a bunch of zen or I have to pay for it. That doesn't feel very free :P.

Okay, which key did you redeem? Because I managed to grab one from Warcry, one from MMOHut, and one from MMOSite, and none of them required me to pay anything at all.
    edited June 2013
    Got it from Warcry. It is the purple chest that requires a key to unlock and the key requires zen. I did get the epic chest for free, but it costs zen to get the key to unlock it.
    edited June 2013
    Got it from Warcry. It is the purple chest that requires a key to unlock and the key requires zen. I did get the epic chest for free, but it costs zen to get the key to unlock it.

Uh, that doesn't give you any of the locked chests. What you get from Warcry is:
    * Spellplague Survivor in-game title
    * 10x Potion of Rejuvenation
    * 10x Tidespan Potion
    * 10x Potion of Lesser Healing
    * 5x Portable Altar
    * 5x Identify Scroll
  • heyyyouheyyyou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    this is my rant on the subject.... since I couldn't leave a comment on the page

The main page says Free item give away, I clicked it was redirected togive away page
    FREE but IGN makes you pay for membership to get their "Free" items

Onrpgs page I didn't bother making an account with because it says they ran out of keys....

MMOhunt the event expired so it wasn't worth the time to make an account, reading the forum on their page ppl are raging about the time it was open..

Making only two currently available and FREE
    Warcray and MMO site, but MMOsite makes you have to earn it so that's not free at all...
    edited June 2013
    Uh, that doesn't give you any of the locked chests. What you get from Warcry is:
    * Spellplague Survivor in-game title
    * 10x Potion of Rejuvenation
    * 10x Tidespan Potion
    * 10x Potion of Lesser Healing
    * 5x Portable Altar
    * 5x Identify Scroll

Okay, I put in the key on this site. Then I logged into the game. I was in the middle of a quest so I didn't go to my mail or anything, but a few seconds into the game an epic chest popped into my inventory (didn't pick it up), so I assumed that was it. I'm still in the middle of that quest and having another problem getting back into the game lol. Do these items spawn into your inventory or do you get them through the mail or something?
    edited June 2013
    They drop randomly and you pick them up by walking over them. You have to manually claim the stuff from the redeem key thing.
    heyyyou wrote: »
    this is my rant on the subject.... since I couldn't leave a comment on the page

The main page says Free item give away, I clicked it was redirected togive away page
    FREE but IGN makes you pay for membership to get their "Free" items

Onrpgs page I didn't bother making an account with because it says they ran out of keys....

MMOhunt the event expired so it wasn't worth the time to make an account, reading the forum on their page ppl are raging about the time it was open..

Making only two currently available and FREE
    Warcray and MMO site, but MMOsite makes you have to earn it so that's not free at all...

They make you "earn" it by clicking a couple extra buttons. You don't actually have to follow them on facebook or anything.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    but a few seconds into the game an epic chest popped into my inventory (didn't pick it up), so I assumed that was it. I'm still in the middle of that quest and having another problem getting back into the game lol. Do these items spawn into your inventory or do you get them through the mail or something?

Those chests are just random loot drops. They can also be bought from the diamond shop for 200AD each (which is why it's kind of hilarious to see people trying to sell them in zone chat for multiple gold).
    edited June 2013
    You have to manually claim the stuff from the redeem key thing.
    How? I redeemed the key on the website as I said. Now what?
    edited June 2013
    How? I redeemed the key on the website as I said. Now what?

There's a guy to the west of Sgt Knox (or whatever his name is) that you go talk to..
    edited June 2013
    There's a guy to the west of Sgt Knox (or whatever his name is) that you go talk to..
    Awesome. Thanks!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So you get bunch of FREE items and 1 is a monthly sub for a gamemagazinethingy, which has included NW items for monthly sub.
    Stop the QQ and take whats free and pay for the 1 IF you really want/like it or shuttheheckup.
    Like little kids...
    ;)

Key Redeemed

Warcry
    IGN
    Millenium
    OnRPG
    Logitech Giveaway
    Alienware Giveaway
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • hobieonehobieone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    besides i wouldn't get too excited about the free stuff. its of no use if you have your characters at max level. what they are giving away is definitely aimed at the first time player that hasn'r played the game before.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The stuff is junk, but that's no big deal. Usually the main 'neat' thing in these are the titles anyway. Most of them are not available in game. The Spellplague Survivor one was kind of a letdown on that count. Since it already is available through quests. Wondering if that was a mistake though.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR