test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Advice for lv59-60 Mindflayer quests

kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Yeah, I suck. But still.... :rolleyes:

Any advice for the various Mindflayer-related quests & fights around lv59-60? Like those groups of Mastermind-2x Scourge-2+Ustilagor all over the Upper Vault? Or the end-boss fights of Illithid Enclave & Nowhere to Hide? (boss Mindflayer, plus various summons of Ustilagors/Scourges/elite Thoons)?

My companion (cleric) is nigh useless, and those things do vastly more damage than potions can recover from... and so much of it is very hard to dodge - charging brains, mind blasts, thoon AoE-vaccuum-suck, teleporting scourges.....

/sigh Don't really feel all that tough, having suddenly switched to "dies in microseconds" after 50+ levels of "kicks butt".
Post edited by kiralyn on

Comments

• hunterz77hunterz77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Those Ulstigors are way OP this needs to be fixed it seems they crit alot or do way more damage then there suppose to....and they have the nerve to put a pack of like 5 of these in a group that runs around.
  • pyradiuspyradius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Have to agree here, these packs of like 5 ustilagor that all leap at you (for dmg) and also hit you for 2k EACH means you're taking about 10k dmg per round. Whoever balanced these guys needs a reality check. I am totally fine with difficult content or making GROUP content, but this is not supposedly GROUP content, these are quests all classes should be able to solo.
  • kanenankanenan Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Seriously?
    The 5 packs of ustil's take my TR about 30seconds to kill. Don't let them aggro you. You have to control when the fight starts..
    I think it's great that those mobs will gang up in seconds, ever read a monsters manual? The illithids imho should be stronger. Way stronger. I can run around and kill 50 of them before my health dips below 50%. It's my fave spot for farming gold too. The mithril ore contest sucks absolutely (5x rank 1 stones for winning.. same as last place lol)
    You need to look at your powers and pick the right ones for the area, like any instance. PvP might help you train for Illithids.. I dunno. Just sounds like a lot of crying, these mobs are ridiculously easy if you think or a total nightmare if you have no clue what you are doing.

Tip for the 5-pack: Stealth, CoS (2/3 will die), knife the rest down quickly, as soon as stealth pops they warp into you so just be ready with your actions at that point.
    - behold, halflings.
  • kierlakxkierlakx Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kanenan wrote: »
    Seriously?
    The 5 packs of ustil's take my TR about 30seconds to kill. Don't let them aggro you. You have to control when the fight starts..
    I think it's great that those mobs will gang up in seconds, ever read a monsters manual? The illithids imho should be stronger. Way stronger. I can run around and kill 50 of them before my health dips below 50%. It's my fave spot for farming gold too. The mithril ore contest sucks absolutely (5x rank 1 stones for winning.. same as last place lol)
    You need to look at your powers and pick the right ones for the area, like any instance. PvP might help you train for Illithids.. I dunno. Just sounds like a lot of crying, these mobs are ridiculously easy if you think or a total nightmare if you have no clue what you are doing.

Tip for the 5-pack: Stealth, CoS (2/3 will die), knife the rest down quickly, as soon as stealth pops they warp into you so just be ready with your actions at that point.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you are both lvl 60 and not wearing greens and blues. Your kill speeds and general resistance to their damage is going to be some degree higher, probably a significant amount as well. The ustilagors are over the top punishing to people actually leveling and questing in there. My GWF, a class supposedly designed with nothing in mind but killing 5 mobs at a time (because target caps on AoE classes makes sense), would get put into potion range on every single pack pull unless I was already in Unstoppable. They simply hit too hard for what they are, which is a trash mob.
  • borgued3borgued3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 150 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Although i agree, assuming you are a TR (given this is TR forum) i think you are probably not using the class properly. You have plenty of skills to control the fight to your advantage and stealth is there as well.

Now here are 2 possibilities:

1- you are a dps specced rogue, clearing mobs should be fast paced, so i believe Smoke bomb/dazzing strike would be your friend here, approach them on stealth when you spot the group, drop the bomb or dazzing and punish them while they cant fight back, also B&S (i would recommend using this encounter while you solo your way to lvl 60) would give them another possible target asides from you and your companion while you land some blows. Path of blades is a somewhat good call to land aoe damage on the group.

2- if you are permastealth slotted with shadow strike, B&S and path of blades, you should last on stealth long enough and deal damage enough for clearing the mobs avoiding damage or at least diminish their numbers.

but dont get me wrong, i agree with the fact that those badboys hurt more than what is expected of trashmmobs
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    smoke and daze are your friend!